Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 184 of 431
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 12:37am | Report
LevasK wrote:
Kha'Zix was built as a bruiser, back when they gave Void Assault a 50% DR while in stealth and his Taste Their Fear had a 6% of targets missing health damage. (Also, Isolation worked differently and I think gave more damage)

I could try and recall the build that was used, if you want.

He wasn't built a bruiser. He played like a bruiser because of the reasons you listed (the DR is the big one here). He still just went full AD with a resistance item like most standard assassin builds.

Isolation worked pretty much the same, it's just the range an ally has to be away from you to be isolated was increased. On his release though, isolation made the percentage health when evolved come into effect. It would just deal flat damage otherwise. Now, it's completely removed, and no percentage of missing health damage occurs.

The thing that really pushed Evolved: Camouflage over the edge was when they buffed it so evolved, it not only gave you the increased DR and the extra usage, but also buffed it so when evolved, stealth lasts 2 seconds. That's 6 seconds of having 50% reduced damage on an assassin. Ultimately, this made him play like a bruiser and not like the opportunistic assassin like how Riot intended for him to be.

Nerfs came in to make him like how Riot intended. The DR was removed so he now has to use it to weave in and out of combat as opposed to using it to just slug it out with other characters due to receiving a lot less damage. Isolation range was increased so it means that a person really does have to be isolated to receive the isolation bonus, not just slightly behind the rest of the team.

What I'm trying to get at is he wasn't built a bruiser. He had the tools within his kit that made him a bruiser. There were probably some builds that existed somewhere out there that people preferred (I believe InSec built a Sunfire Aegis on him if memory serves, but that's because Kha'Zix as a champion was just able to stay in the middle of fights for so long), but it was his kit itself that allowed him to be played as a full on bruiser despite mainly building damage.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 2:30am | Report
@Falseo : really o_o where were you when Kha was on every game, and needed only Elder Lizard and Last Whisper to deal stupid amount of damage ?
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 5:59pm | Report
added nidalee jungle

kha still does nuts damage with jungle item + lw
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 11:27am | Report
Any one try E max on jax? I found it pretty dam strong kinda similar to maxing e on IRE.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 11:43am | Report
but W is an AA reset. AA + W + AA is so hard to trade, and W's low cd allows for such little counterplay
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 2:12pm | Report
utopus wrote:
but W is an AA reset. AA + W + AA is so hard to trade, and W's low cd allows for such little counterplay

I like the burst. I tried it and i can burst them down and kill them faster.

Same with IRE im starting to max e then q burst>over long fights and i seem to snowball much better and win lane more.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 5:12pm | Report
Zordagoth wrote:
@Falseo : really o_o where were you when Kha was on every game, and needed only Elder Lizard and Last Whisper to deal stupid amount of damage ?

I read your two damage items and ask you where the bruiser part is.

All I saw of Kha'zix, ever, is him going full damage with 1 defensive items. 2 if you count early Maw of Malmortius, which he didn't always buy.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 4:13pm | Report
Warmogs seems to be on rise i seeing it alot more especially in jungle. In korea at least na has not figured it out yet i guess.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 4:41pm | Report
Warmogs has already been good and people are building. You don't watch NA LCS, I guess
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 4:53pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I read your two damage items and ask you where the bruiser part is.

All I saw of Kha'zix, ever, is him going full damage with 1 defensive items. 2 if you count early Maw of Malmortius, which he didn't always buy.

It was something like Elder Lizard/Last Whisper and then randuin/banshee

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide