Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 241 of 431
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2015 5:10pm | Report
poopy did get her fair share of the spotlight. Competitive commentator did said that she is pretty scary if she gets into later stage, however, setting up an entire team around her, who has a terrible time against lane swap and early game, is an entire different things.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2015 10:49pm | Report
Why you say Poppy is bad in a laneswap when Vizicsacsi managed to have the same farm than a Maokai in a laneswap? I even asked UoL about Poppy in a laneswap in their stream and they said Poppy isn't that bad in a laneswap.
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 3:30am | Report
So one guy managed to survive lane swap against one team one time. So poppy op. o_o
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 4:48am | Report
Yes Poppy is terrifying late game, and a lot of things people say are her weaknesses is myth. Plus, there are exploits that you can use which remained unpatched for years. People like me, who played about a thousand matches with her, do it because of how literally broken she is, and how little she fits into the game.

The problem is that, in soloQ you don't care about your team. Lose? Your fault. Win? Must be thanks to you, or you won't do it often. But in pro games you need a team built around getting Poppy to late mid/lategame safely. But why bother?

I think that jungle Poppy > lane Poppy. Much safer, much more effective but above 2 things still apply.
I don't play LoL anymore.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 10:49am | Report
I'm just wondering why Malzahar is so Tier 3 and for e.g. Zilean is a Tier 2 mid laner? Is it only because of Zil's CC and escape?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 11:41am | Report
uol picked poppy in their game because poppy ***** on maokai and uol likes to cheese

she isn't some "hidden op pick" that people just havent seen yet. She's runnable but you have to work champions & gameplay around her which is a huge drawback already for competitive gameplay.

in soloq you can run whatever the **** you want anyways. poppys like a tier 2 champ. doesn't fit the meta too well, has poor waveclear and early game damage in top lane, but has great tanky stats and a useful ultimate to negate damage. In jungle she just doesn't fit in well because she has a poor clear, meh ganks, a decent transition but she needs an early tforce to be effective later on (unless you plan on going full tank poppy, which is significantly worse than other meta tanks). poppy is also a horrible initiate champion - she wants to be a secondary initiate / followup to be effective
I post stuff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 6:26pm | Report
Jungle Poppy is all about dat ult and scaling. These two things let's her do all manner of insane things.

She has okay jungle clear, which becomes much faster at a very high rate. Devastating Blow is also a great tool for securing stuff when used in conjunctio with Smite.

Of course she is also great at cheesing kills under towers and by baiting with Valiant Fighter.

I don't see a pressing need to get a super early Trinity Force but Sheen should be built as soon as possible.

The main reason to jungle her is that she can't get screwed over by impossible matchups, and it lets her snowball off kills easier. Devourer is also a nice bonus.

What you're spot on about is that you never ****ing build Poppy as tank. You build glass and you **** **** up.
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2015 10:14pm | Report
Then tier 2-3 is a fitting assessment, viable, but not in every comp and needs a lot of resource to draw out her usefulness. Not really Op, nor can OP be hidden on a champion that old, unless you know something I don't, and I mean it literally.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2015 1:54am | Report
Poppy, isn't OP, she just has broken mechanics.
I post stuff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2015 3:58am | Report
Meh, I'm conflicted about this one.

I'd say she is tier 2 or whatever the "balanced" tier is. She is balanced but in a strange way.

First of all I jungle her so a lot of counters don't apply to me. Poppy is voulnerable at the start of the match and requires different style of play/way of thinking than other champions. Another problem is that she has impossible matchups in lane. This balances out the fact that she is indeed broken, in an OP kind of way.

Poppy's biggest weakness is that she is forgotten and misunderstood. Many players find her kit boring too. As a result her true power is shrouded in myth. Like, some comments about her make no sense to me at all.

Imho OP champion is something that is strong, fits into the game mechanically and with no gaping hole of a weakness. Poppy isn't a LoL champ by design. She fits more into doto.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide