Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 319 of 431
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 1:26pm | Report
So where is the problem then? You never use Q until lategame so that energy is saved and otherwise in lane you trade until you proc Thunderlord's Decree and then you go out, if the enemy chases you or tries to trade back use your W and dance around him, waiting for your E to come back up. For what else you would need energy anyway?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 1:29pm | Report
akali's base damages seem way too low to make her a decent tank option, not only that I don't see why you skip out on putting points in Q just to max E.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 1:53pm | Report
Because Q if you do not max it first is just a waste of Energy? Also, don't forget if you look at base damages, total AD ratio means you add in more base damage.

At level 7, the base damage of her E is 149.4 (+60% bonus AD, +40% AP). For a 2 seconds cooldown and this way a use of 3+ times + 2x-3x ult damage + passive damage, i think "low base damages" is definitly the wrong term here.

Did I ever say something about tank? Where is Sunfire Aegis, Abyssal Mask, Hextech Gunblade, Zhonya's Hourglass and Rabadon's Deathcap a tank? It is maybe tankier but not tank.

Also, if you think about Akali, would you ever consider to buy armor to counter her damage?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 2:02pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
So where is the problem then? You never use Q until lategame so that energy is saved and otherwise in lane you trade until you proc Thunderlord's Decree and then you go out, if the enemy chases you or tries to trade back use your W and dance around him, waiting for your E to come back up. For what else you would need energy anyway?

Q is the ability you actually use to harass and get minions from afar. Also double proc Q always scares enemy melees.

You obviously haven't played much Akali lol.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 2:26pm | Report
Wouldn't you have told me the same thing if I would play AP Yi pre nerfs pre it was popular.^^

Video material, guides, analysis and game stats (german):

http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Hi+im+Sola

Wait a sec, I think I also forgot to mention the words waveclear and splitpushing which are way stronger with that type of build.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 3:00pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
akali's base damages seem way too low to make her a decent tank option, not only that I don't see why you skip out on putting points in Q just to max E.

I think if Tank Akali were viable, it would have been discovered before the 6th season already.

People were building Akali as a pseudotank in one of the preseasons/early seasons

I think it was early S4 when warmogs and health was super op

Sorcs/Mercs, Rylais, Sunfire, Warmogs, GA and you could still 1 shot squishies somehow

Her base damages are actually really high considering the cooldowns but the problem is Akali is an energy champion so super low cooldowns is bad.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2015 11:03pm | Report
You get energy back though, but the amount of energy levels with the Q which you're not maxing.

Like, i get the feeling that they're building tanky Akali because they're playing her top lane, and not the other way around, like Top Akali is easy as compared to midlane.

Also lets not forget Twin Disciplines

Basically MOBAFire.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 9:36am | Report
Zyad wrote:
Hey, a question here, why so many people are rushing frost queen on ap mids? I've seen a few pro or high elo streamers doing this

I've been using it on my mid Zyras. It's not quite as strong on a mid laner as it is on a support because the passive proc turns off temporarily when you kill a minion early on. Still, the mana regen on Frostfang is good and you get the 2 gold per 10 passive working for you. Where things really turn on is when you complete the full Frost Queen's Claim. At that point, the passive proc does not turn off when you kill minions and the gold starts rolling in. I usually make about 1.5k gold off of it when playing mid. And then, of course, the active can be really helpful both offensively and defensively.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 12:55pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

People were building Akali as a pseudotank in one of the preseasons/early seasons

I think it was early S4 when warmogs and health was super op

Sorcs/Mercs, Rylais, Sunfire, Warmogs, GA and you could still 1 shot squishies somehow

Her base damages are actually really high considering the cooldowns but the problem is Akali is an energy champion so super low cooldowns is bad.

that was a lot more indicative of the meta rather than pseudotank akali. People were building warmogs on literally every champion, even ADC's were buidling warmogs. Besides that, akali was different in S4 than she is now. She's considerably worse now and the meta has even moved past her to favor heavy bruisers or just pure tanks.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 1:38pm | Report
Or, Riot changed her in a way that makes her different, but everyone still stayed at the same build and argued then that Akali is just **** without trying out anything else.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide