Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 325 of 431
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10491
Joined:
Oct 16th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 5:53am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
I think I lost a chromosome reading the last few pages of this thread.

Oh no that leaves you with so few! D:
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3039
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 6:00am | Report

Oh no that leaves you with so few! D:
That's worrisome. Hope he doesn't go chromatose.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6068
Joined:
Apr 27th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 6:02am | Report
On Poppy, I go the following build, if I am not in lane I replace Black Cleaver either with eye of the equinox or Enchantment: Warrior:

Iceborn Gauntlet
Maw of Malmortius
Mercury's Treads/ Ninja Tabi
Dead Man's Plate
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Black Cleaver

Basically, defense + one-hit-proc effects + armorpen.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3039
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 6:58am | Report
Poppy deals more than enough damage with her Q alone, so I think she can afford to go way more tanky than that. I run Enchantment: Cinderhulk and Black Cleaver is usually the only damage item I get. Dead Man's Plate can be really important depending on the matchup. I don't know about Iceborn Gauntlet, slows don't stack and her Q is pretty good at it. I take up Spectre's Cowl a lot too.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7950
Joined:
Sep 26th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 7:14am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
I think I lost a chromosome reading the last few pages of this thread.


So... You turned into a woman with Turner Syndrome?
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
385
Joined:
Feb 18th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 7:53am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
On Poppy, I go the following build, if I am not in lane I replace Black Cleaver either with eye of the equinox or Enchantment: Warrior:

Iceborn Gauntlet
Maw of Malmortius
Mercury's Treads/ Ninja Tabi
Dead Man's Plate
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Black Cleaver

Basically, defense + one-hit-proc effects + armorpen.


Most of this makes sense, but I'm not sure about ghostblade. I would certainly keep Black Cleaver in the build no matter what role you're playing in. I would replace the Youmuu's Ghostblade with either a full tank item or a hybrid offensive tank item (like maybe Sterak's Gage or Thornmail). Also, I would definitely use Enchantment: Cinderhulk in the jungle.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6243
Joined:
Mar 21st, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 9:14am | Report
SilverDust's build needs some MR besides Merc's. I'd probably trade Plate for Banshee's
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6243
Joined:
Mar 21st, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 9:31am | Report
Also, regarding Akali and her "energy issues" on Q.

Q costs 60 energy and the lowest refund on-proc is 20, up to 40 at max rank. It's also ranged and doesn't permanently demand an 80 energy spent (if you max W second, at level 5 it' becomes 75 energy) to be able to farm, and if you use are able to use it properly you can get Q to cost you less due to refund.

E costs 60 energy and can go down to 40 at max rank. It's range is minimal and Q proc (which should always happen on champs) will refund you 30 energy at level 6 (E costs 50 at level 6 if you max it first). So basically, every 5 seconds you get an ability that spends 30 energy vs one that spends 50 every 3 seconds.

But hey, Q energy problems. Q with proc at rank 1 costs as much as maxed E.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7950
Joined:
Sep 26th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 9:42am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Also, regarding Akali and her "energy issues" on Q.

Q costs 60 energy and the lowest refund on-proc is 20, up to 40 at max rank. It's also ranged and doesn't permanently demand an 80 energy spent (if you max W second, at level 5 it' becomes 75 energy) to be able to farm, and if you use are able to use it properly you can get Q to cost you less due to refund.

E costs 60 energy and can go down to 40 at max rank. It's range is minimal and Q proc (which should always happen on champs) will refund you 30 energy at level 6 (E costs 50 at level 6 if you max it first). So basically, every 5 seconds you get an ability that spends 30 energy vs one that spends 50 every 3 seconds.

But hey, Q energy problems. Q with proc at rank 1 costs as much as maxed E.


Her biggest issue right now is that they reverted the change of E proccing Q; that right there killed her potential to actually make solid trades without retaliation. Would Akali have been good if they didn't change that? No, but she'd been far more playable than she is now.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2895
Joined:
Dec 5th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2015 9:45am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Akali is rather weak from level 1-5 against ranged anyway. You try to avoid damage and only trade back and use your W and E to farm as much as you can. If the enemy is melee, he can't do anything against your E spam + W usage anyway. Post 6, your combo damage with E max is also way higher has E then has only a 3 seconds cooldown so you can already spam it together with your ult.


Is this a ****ing joke, name a match-up no Q a kali wins or doesnt get ****ed top lane
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide