Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 46 of 431
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 4:56am | Report

kayle is a ******edly powerful hero who should never have been created

Glad I'm not alone on that thought. I find it confusing that I still hardly see her being banned, I always shudder when the enemy team picks one.

@Sirell: Yeah, is it me or is it almost like every week = patch? oO
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 5:02am | Report

As far as scaling for the meta tops atm it goes

Jax > Shyvana > Trundle > Lulu > Irelia > Renekton

not sure where ryze is since nobody is really playing him top atm.

Just finished overhauling everything... feel free to ask questions again about placements.

After this recent update, I feel like this list is as accurate as its ever been. Feel free to disagree though, thats what this thread is all about.

To specific people:
Gragas support is meh. it falls off really really hard if you dont get ahead and he is pretty easy to counterplay later on since he does no damage and his cc is weird

yorick jungle is awful dont ever do it lol

talon and rengar don't feel assassin nerfs as much because they kill fast. zed, ahri, and to a lesser extent fizz take more time to 100-0 squishies

kha'zix is gonna need a lot of testing. jungle mains i talk to are conflicted on whether he'll still be ok, ill just play him and see, nerfs seem pretty bad on paper though.

rengar is super overrated

kayle is a ******edly powerful hero who should never have been created

I would put Ryze either before or after lulu, maybe even as far up as before trundle? He's got a wicked sick early game, and he doesnt really stop hurting in damage. His late game isn't as superb, but he can sure as hell wreck some carries while still holding quite a bit of beefiness.
-Thanks to Kalaaver for this awesome sig! Check out my guides (Click the Picture Above)!-

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 7:27am | Report
NateDog13 wrote:

I would put Ryze either before or after lulu, maybe even as far up as before trundle? He's got a wicked sick early game, and he doesnt really stop hurting in damage. His late game isn't as superb, but he can sure as hell wreck some carries while still holding quite a bit of beefiness.

wat. Ryze has always been one of the strongest late-game carries, his problem when he was played mid lane was his weak early game as he lost lane to all the popular champs. After his last buff people discovered Ryze top lane where he's actually a very strong laner too. The fact that he's become a strong laner doesn't mean his late game isn't still ******edly good, it's the best part about the champion. A lot of people are crying for nerfs, and they're not wrong to do so. A late-game hypercarry shouldn't counter everyone in his lane.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 7:40am | Report

wat. Ryze has always been one of the strongest late-game carries, his problem when he was played mid lane was his weak early game as he lost lane to all the popular champs. After his last buff people discovered Ryze top lane where he's actually a very strong laner too. The fact that he's become a strong laner doesn't mean his late game isn't still ******edly good, it's the best part about the champion. A lot of people are crying for nerfs, and they're not wrong to do so. A late-game hypercarry shouldn't counter everyone in his lane.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS

Seriously though, I don't really see a way to nerf top Ryze that doesn't affect mid Ryze.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 7:48am | Report
The thing with Ryze top is that it tends to get **** on by laneswaps because he can't jungle or waveclear.
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 7:55am | Report

I'm a bit lost on where your "wat" is coming from, Ryze compared to Jax and Shyvana doesn't make as large of an impact overall late game, and his scaling, while able to go toe to toe with them, definitely isn't above them. I think I gave him a pretty fair guestimation range of placement. Placing Ryze at the #1 spot above Jax would be absolutely insane, and I'd argue that even #2 or #3 would be a hard spot for him to hold.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 8:13am | Report
Irelia in Tier 1, my life is about to end ...
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 8:18am | Report
what about Pantheon top?
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 9:19am | Report
NateDog13 wrote:

I'm a bit lost on where your "wat" is coming from, Ryze compared to Jax and Shyvana doesn't make as large of an impact overall late game, and his scaling, while able to go toe to toe with them, definitely isn't above them. I think I gave him a pretty fair guestimation range of placement. Placing Ryze at the #1 spot above Jax would be absolutely insane, and I'd argue that even #2 or #3 would be a hard spot for him to hold.

Because you said his late-game "isn't as superb" as his laning phase, which is ridiculous. And I would argue Jax is the only top laner who outscales Ryze.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 11:30am | Report

Because you said his late-game "isn't as superb" as his laning phase, which is ridiculous. And I would argue Jax is the only top laner who outscales Ryze.

Nasus outscales everything.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide