Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ad twisted fate still viable?

Creator: cooper56 July 28, 2012 7:01pm
1 2
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 12:00pm | Report
Wild Cards needs an AD ratio or something. So does Stacked Deck.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:14pm | Report

Wild Cards needs an AD ratio or something. So does Stacked Deck.

Wont happen carry tf is dead they want him to be a mage i assume so if any thing they should buff w ap ratio and q.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:21pm | Report
I always liked that TF was a champion with two entirely different build paths. I think they should play that out more.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:22pm | Report
Uh, guys, Riot has been nerfing champions with global pressure, not buffing them. TF's ult may not be global anymore, but it still has a huge impact on other lanes when he hits 6.

TF is still a popular ban/pick at high elo, I have no idea why Riot would buff him.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:25pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Uh, guys, Riot has been nerfing champions with global pressure, not buffing them. TF's ult may not be global anymore, but it still has a huge impact on other lanes when he hits 6.

TF is still a popular ban/pick at high elo, I have no idea why Riot would buff him.

^this, if u utilize his ult right u can win ur own lane+another one even if they lose, and noc+tf are a popular combo
he even got banned in one of my normal draft games today
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:28pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

He cant really carry a game tho not enough dmg that is a problem. Hes strong in well organized team yes but in solo que and elo im in he cant his dmg is not that good until deathcap and litch bane.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:41pm | Report
First of all, a lot of AP mids make up for a lack of burst damage with utility. TF's stun, passive, global reveal and long-range teleport definitely counts as utility.

Secondly, though I agree he works best with an arranged team, he's still a strong pick in solo queue. In solo queue (especially at lower elos), you have to carry your team by outplaying your opponent and having a big enough impact on the game that your team gains a definitive advantage. TF is perfectly capable, in the hands of a good player, of beating his lane opponent, then using his ult to provide pressure in the side lanes. He can snowball quite quickly if you play him right and his teleport will often catch the enemy team off guard because they won't be as coordinated as an arranged team. He's definitely stronger with a coordinated group (as all champions are), but he's still a great pick in solo queue.

EDIT: I think you guys are thinking too hard about an underfed TF in team fights. A lot of solo queue games are won and lost by mid game (especially at lower elos) since one player will often snowball out of control. TF is good at giving his team such a huge lead that all 5 champions become stronger, not just him. You shouldn't have to single-handedly carry a late game team fight with your damage. That's not how TF carries games.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:46pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

First of all, a lot of AP mids make up for a lack of burst damage with utility. TF's stun, passive, global reveal and long-range teleport definitely counts as utility.

Secondly, though I agree he works best with an arranged team, he's still a strong pick in solo queue. In solo queue (especially at lower elos), you have to carry your team by outplaying your opponent and having a big enough impact on the game that your team gains a definitive advantage. TF is perfectly capable, in the hands of a good player, of beating his lane opponent, then using his ult to provide pressure in the side lanes. He can snowball quite quickly if you play him right and his teleport will often catch the enemy team off guard because they won't be as coordinated as an arranged team. He's definitely stronger with a coordinated group (as all champions are), but he's still a great pick in solo queue.

Umm i see your point. Actually i guess hes fine how he is. If hes buffed i guess he would be to strong if nerfed to weak. IDK where they could nerf him. His ult is already quit low range only thing they could do without destroying him is nerf cooldown on ult.

I want a buff to his passive i mean its nice for gold but i rather see something like after so throwing 3 pick a cards your next pick a card will have bonus affect. IDK what effects would be but his passive is so boring.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 1:51pm | Report
His ult actually has quite an enormous teleport radius. I don't understand how people think the nerf hit him so hard. As a mid laner, it's practically unnoticable. All you have to do is step just out of lane and you'll be in range to gank a sidelane. Teleporting anywhere on the map is unnecessarily strong. The range nerf actually promotes the use of forethought and skill to set apart map-aware TF players from unprepared ones.

Also I think the old-school TF players should play a few games of Nocturne, then try complaining about TF's ult range. Noc's ult has been nerfed so much that at level one the dash range is barely the size of your field of view. T.T

Sorry, I'm getting off topic.

His passive is pretty boring, though it's not weak or anything. The gold advantage adds up when you count the CS from your whole team throughout the game. It also fits with his ability to help the other members of his team win their lanes.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 4:14am | Report
I remember there was a bug on the PBE that Zyra would gain 16 gold from Loaded Dice every time she cast (i think) w.

Back on topic though, i still prefer AD TF, mainly cause i can't land Wild Cards for ****.
I would like it though if they put a 50% ratio off bonus AD on it or something, nothing too big, just have it actually do something when going AD. Stacked Deck is just fine without AD scaling, 155 damage is a lot already.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide