Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Alistar - New FotM?

Creator: JunSupport June 24, 2011 1:16pm
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:02pm | Report
AP Alistar is kind of lame. Would rather stack aura items on that cow then to have him full AP like everyone has been copying.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:03pm | Report
Been seeing a LOT of heimer and kayle on streams.

And in my games, i've been seeing endless Jarvan, and endless Malz.

Dunno if the Malzahar thing has anything to do with dreamhack though :s.
Tri lane for life.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:07pm | Report
ya I imagine AP alistar takes a lot more skill than regular Alistar, it's not really something you "just try out." Kinda have to know how his abilities work together and such. But his damage output is actually pretty strong when he does build full AP, that combined with his natural tankiness makes it pretty crazy.
They should rebalance Alistar so that his ult scales off of AP, increasing the percentage damage reduction with more AP (maybe base is 50% reduction and an extra 1% per 10 AP)
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:11pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

ya I imagine AP alistar takes a lot more skill than regular Alistar, it's not really something you "just try out." Kinda have to know how his abilities work together and such. But his damage output is actually pretty strong when he does build full AP, that combined with his natural tankiness makes it pretty crazy.
They should rebalance Alistar so that his ult scales off of AP, increasing the percentage damage reduction with more AP (maybe base is 50% reduction and an extra 1% per 10 AP)

Except for that means that means that he is worthless as a roamer and makes his natural tankiness much less important.

He would be forced to build AP, and would bring much less utility to a losing team, because he would need to be farmed well.

Also, at over 500 AP, he would be invincible, which is ******ed.
Tri lane for life.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:28pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Except for that means that means that he is worthless as a roamer and makes his natural tankiness much less important.

He would be forced to build AP, and would bring much less utility to a losing team, because he would need to be farmed well.

Also, at over 500 AP, he would be invincible, which is ******ed.

3 Deathcaps... GG damage from anyone other than Vanye, Cho'Gath, Corki, or Kog'Maw.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:28pm | Report
the roaming metagame kinda disappeared a while ago. It's pretty easy to counter and it results in a member of the team being underleveled and underfarmed. It also takes a much larger amount of skill to do and is more likely to fail than any other role.
And we would make the ult max out at 75-80% percent (maybe 1% per 15-20 AP). Currently 75% at all levels is just too powerful. It makes him able to dive you at your turret early on without repercussion, and a kill is practically guaranteed if he has someone helping him out. And because of his size if he's charging ahead of his team he can absorb most skill shots and it makes it very difficult to accurately target enemies with abilities.
My point is that he needs some rebalancing, the change to his passive was a step in the right direction, but his ult is just too powerful as it is.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:32pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

AP Alistar is kind of lame. Would rather stack aura items on that cow then to have him full AP like everyone has been copying.

aura alistar is win for early and mid game and end game he becomes a good off tank but if hes the only tanky person its hard in team fights cause you drop fairly quickly.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 3:11pm | Report
Quoted:

aura alistar is win for early and mid game and end game he becomes a good off tank but if hes the only tanky person its hard in team fights cause you drop fairly quickly.

You focus aura alistar, the teams carries will rape your team before Ali's ult is down. Honestly, there is no such thing as dropping any alistar fairly quickly when he has his ultimate up.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 3:16pm | Report
theBMB wrote:
Currently 75% at all levels is just too powerful. It makes him able to dive you at your turret early on without repercussion, and a kill is practically guaranteed if he has someone helping him out. And because of his size if he's charging ahead of his team he can absorb most skill shots and it makes it very difficult to accurately target enemies with abilities.
My point is that he needs some rebalancing, the change to his passive was a step in the right direction, but his ult is just too powerful as it is.

It's like people saying that "waaaaaa waaaaa Maokai killed me at my turret with his saplings! waaaaa".

If you get turret dived, it's a positioning problem.
Tri lane for life.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 3:21pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

3 Deathcaps... GG damage from anyone other than Vanye, Cho'Gath, Corki, or Kog'Maw.

Ya, cuz dealing %of HP in magic damage hurts Ali real much during his ult..
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide