Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Are AD carry builds THIS static?

Creator: RaNuD March 6, 2012 7:42pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 7:07am | Report
Searz wrote:

Mana tanky because he EATS mana and doesn't scale well with crit and on hit.

Urgot takes manamune because it gives him exactly what he needs. Mana and damage.
Urgot is ****ed over by most enemies with a shield or sustain if he doesn't build sustain himself.

Thanks, and rep given
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 7:39am | Report
Regarding builds, everything changes when meta shifts. Meta shifts when teams run a certain comp that beats the current meta or item builds force people to change the meta. The order you listed is the standard AD build in this current meta because it's easy to obtain and it just requires the ADC to have good positioning in fights. If you ingeniously change up a build, dominate it and shift the meta, the items you listed earlier could possibly be less viable than the new ADC build in the new meta
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 8:45am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Regarding builds, everything changes when meta shifts. Meta shifts when teams run a certain comp that beats the current meta or item builds force people to change the meta. The order you listed is the standard AD build in this current meta because it's easy to obtain and it just requires the ADC to have good positioning in fights. If you ingeniously change up a build, dominate it and shift the meta, the items you listed earlier could possibly be less viable than the new ADC build in the new meta

I totally agree with this, no matter which items I try to fit together, none feel better than the ones we're all currently using.

At this point, I guess the standard build mentionned is still the best one well over 90% of the time, while there is still a small percentage of "something else". I mean, if the build is meant to dominate the current meta, and you're facing a team with champs with random roles that dont fit the meta, there is a high probability that you'll need to change an item or two.

That's all I wanted to know, I'll keep reading further posts but I consider my question answered.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 9:37am | Report
The law of DoubleLift clearly states;

If you can right click with it, rush an Infinity Edge.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 9:38am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Trinity force on Corki also gives a bigger DPS against tanks. If you chose to attack them however.

... o_O What?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 10:31am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

... o_O What?

His passive converts all parts of the attack into true damage.
In other words, it will take the Sheen or Trinity Force proc and do 10% bonus as true damage.
Same with Wit's End/ Madred's Bloodrazor
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 10:42am | Report
All well and good, but that's to insinuate that Trinity Force is a big damage item, and that's something that it isn't.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 10:49am | Report
Ya' know what... I'mma build Manamune on all the AD carries. That means all of them.
Just for you Searz. :3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 11:26am | Report
Doo eeet
<3
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 11:54am | Report
First experiment, Graves.
Then, Vayne.
Afterwards, MF.
To finish it off, Caitlyn.

Let me know if I'm missing any.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9