Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 3: Top lane]

Creator: Vynertje April 23, 2014 2:06am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 2:06am | Report

Greetings people of Mobafire!

This thread is the third official episode of a weekly series called "Ask a Diamond" (airing every wednesday), where everyone is encouraged to ask questions to the high ranked members of this site. The goal is to help out as much players as we can with their most pressing questions, hopefully allowing them to climb the ladder even further! This week will be all about top lane!

(Previous week: jungle)

So, if you have any League related questions, you can ask them here. However, please keep in mind the rules:
  • Serious, League related questions only.
  • Make sure your questions are specific. We can't help you when you simply ask "How can I get out of elo-hell". Something like "How can I more easily capitalize on my enemy's mistakes" is a lot more specific and helps us help you.
  • People below Diamond are allowed to answer questions, but always take such answers with a grain of salt. You can recognize diamond players by their flairs, next to their username.
  • Questions should be related to the week's lane (this week: top!). I will ask moderators to remove all questions that aren't.

Fire away!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 2:12am | Report
Any tactics on how to beat resourceless champions such as Shyvana and Renekton with a resource-based champion such as Jarvan IV or Darius?
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 2:36am | Report
How good would something like Jarvan IV be? Is Zed top an ok pick? How could is Heimerdinger on top?
And finally, is ad Nidalee, something like Stanley played back in season 2 still good?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 3:27am | Report
@GMD I'm not a top main but:
Renekton you just can't outtrade. Best shot would be to get some armor early on and run Teleport and try to beat him after 6 since he doesn't spike as hard as J4/Darius do.

Shyvana you can easily outtrade with short trades because she 100% relies on DPS with her W. Even though she has no mana, she has low health sustain so if you stick with short trades and don't blow all your mana on trades, you'll come out on top.

@Blitzball

J4 top is okay-ish. He can work top but has a lot of bad matchups. Zed has 0 lane presence till he gets BORK and LW but once he has he becomes a monster splitpusher. Not 100% sure about nidalee.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 5:18am | Report
@GMD:
As Jarvan against Renek:
you only have a window of opportunity in early levels where Renk hasn't stacked his fury yet. other than that it's always a losing matchup.

As Jarvan against Shyv:
You can't ever fully engage on her (most champs can't, which is why she's good) and you can probably only q harass. there are issues with mana so i'd just suggest focus on farming.

As Darius against Renek:
it's the same but if you land Q early on you can actually be able to zone renek out for a while. you capitalize on that and you're able to go even for a while.

As Darius against Shyv:
Abuse your Q if you can early on. I'm pretty sure you can outtrade her if you auto once or twice and then q.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 5:32am | Report
Nida:
Well if u play it smart u can atleast go even
- got sustain
Thing about ad nidalee is she is rather **** in tfs, u gotta keep splitpushing

If u do it right she's quite a pain to 1v1 and well just Hard to catch.

Pre 6 u got no killing potenial unless Ur opponent is dumb enough to duel u while under the effect of bushwhack.

U dont really want any ganks as nidalee specially not per 6.

Ur level 6 is quite strong since its a lotta magic dmg and Ur opponent should be behind due to constant poking beforehand.

Well she is a safe pick and wins vs any melees without inbuild sustain prolly wouldnt recommend her for soloq specially since u seem like u havent played it before.

Oh wait I am no Diamond

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 5:33am | Report
What is Malph good against/bad against?

lol koksei buzz off
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 5:46am | Report
How good is Gragas top, and what skill would you max on him?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 5:46am | Report
Quoted:

What is Malph good against/bad against?

lol koksei buzz off

Good against auto-attack reliant champions like Jax or Irelia. He's bad against champions that can bully him really hard early on with mixed/magic damage.
NommyPancake
<Member>
NommyPancake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 6:12am | Report
What do you think of Yorick? :3

How's he doing against Renekton, Riven, Jax? OwO
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide