Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 3: Top lane]

Creator: Vynertje April 23, 2014 2:06am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2014 7:55pm | Report
So whenever I poop on my lane...I am always tempted to leave their turret up and keep them in the lane so that I can continue to poop on them. If I find that they roam then well...obviously I take the turret but if they keep coming back into lane then I am tempted to leave their turret up. Cause them exp loss...poop on them...yeah. Yay...nay? (Yeah I know...kinda prolongs the laning phase)
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 2:26am | Report
Darealone wrote:

So whenever I poop on my lane...I am always tempted to leave their turret up and keep them in the lane so that I can continue to poop on them. If I find that they roam then well...obviously I take the turret but if they keep coming back into lane then I am tempted to leave their turret up. Cause them exp loss...poop on them...yeah. Yay...nay? (Yeah I know...kinda prolongs the laning phase)

You're denying your team global gold and yourself a chunk of local gold by keeping the tower up. You should let the wave die to the tower if it would be a waste of time to sit there pushing the tower because it's too early to kill it (and you need to back). Otherwise, just break the tower, push up and roam. You can let the tower thin the wave out before you break it if you want just to deny more CS and prevent the other top laner from easily freezing.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 4:43am | Report
utopus wrote:

I seriously hate renekton with every fiber of my being. No champion should have a guaranteed safe & strong laning phase in 100% of all solo lane matchups

To be fair, the fact that he gets outscaled by pretty much every pick you see being played against him makes up for that at least a little bit. Getting chunked during a gank early (and losing immediate lane dominance as a result of it) is pretty damn frustrating on him when you're facing Trundle/ Shyvana/ Jax and know you have to gain a significant advantage before the laning phase ends.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 6:22am | Report
Any tips for playing Dr. Mundo? Every time I play him I get **** on by my enemy top. Also does heal work well on him? Seen some challenger/lcs do it

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 7:36am | Report
Thoughts on BotRK instead of Hydra on Renekton ?
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 7:42am | Report

Thoughts on BotRK instead of Hydra on Renekton ?

it's actually not bad and is a viable alternative in sitations where you feel you'd otherwise get kited

Any tips for playing Dr. Mundo? Every time I play him I get **** on by my enemy top. Also does heal work well on him? Seen some challenger/lcs do it

Dr. Mundo is a pretty weak laner and is supposed to lose most matchups in the current patch. His strength is his scaling but even that isn't that special anymore with champions like Jax/Irelia/Ryze getting more popular. I don't think Dr. Mundo is very good anymore.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 7:44am | Report

Play passive till around level 9. Max cleavers and spam these to CS from a distance. You can't 1v1 anyone till later on in the game when you just get too tanky for them to handle.

Heal is just OP right now and it can save your bacon quite well. It synergizes well with his kit (meaning he just wants to tank as much as possible and doesn't give a **** about anything else) but it can be risky in lane to not have flash vs ganks etc.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 7:53am | Report
I mean, renekton doesn't really need the attack speed from BoRK, and he doesn't really have a lot of autoattack resets - certainly not compared to the likes of shyvana or jax. Hydra gives 3 times as much AD as BoRK, which means that getting a hydra would really make renekton's abilities hurt more, as well as significantly increasing his ability to push minion waves. Plus, the components of hydra give more relevant combat stats for top lane
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 8:09am | Report
yeah hydra is better in most cases, but botrk has its uses
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2014 8:40am | Report
utopus wrote:

I mean, renekton doesn't really need the attack speed from BoRK, and he doesn't really have a lot of autoattack resets - certainly not compared to the likes of shyvana or jax. Hydra gives 3 times as much AD as BoRK, which means that getting a hydra would really make renekton's abilities hurt more, as well as significantly increasing his ability to push minion waves. Plus, the components of hydra give more relevant combat stats for top lane

It procs 2/3 times instantly on Ruthless Predator however, which is also a reset. That plus the active is quite a lot of single target burst.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide