Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 5: Bot lane]

Creator: Vynertje May 8, 2014 3:38pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 1:59am | Report

whaddaya think about my rune pages?

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Abyssnights
<Member>
Abyssnights's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 4:09am | Report
What is your opinion on Cho + Morg bot lane in normals?
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 6:01am | Report

Ruby Crystal or Doran's Shield if you don't play someone relying on Spellthief's Edge or a Relic Shield start?

If I start anything but Doran's Shield against D2/D1 bot lanes, I generally get my face smashed in due to being unable to trade early with it early. I just wanna that you gotta realize when you start running immediate gold income starts or Ruby crystal with pots, you gotta realize that those "more pots" are just potential health, which can end up being cut short quite fast by all -ins. As you trade over time, that 8 damage from auto attacks pays off well into the game. I also don't really agree with sighstone rushes in higher level play due to the massive amount of control one side of bot lane has from winning the first trade, they generally don't lose control of vision and dominate the lane and in cases of where a jungler might gank, their jungler is ready to countergank. Bot's crazy, but I would suggest that overall you really want to test each start to see which one really works for you. I'm not saying something silly like "oh as you move up your gonna get punished for it hardcore", I'm just saying that my playstyle doesn't allow for something like a coin start :p. Hope I helped in some way with this.... strange answer.

I currently have 3 ADC rune setups...

The first is:
AD Marks
Armor Seals
MR Glyphs
2 LS Quints and 1 AD Quint

The second one:
AD Marks
5 Armor Seals 4 HP seals(flat)
MR Glyphs
2 AS Quints and 1 AD Quint

And the other one:
AD Marks
HP seals(flat)
MR Glyphs
2 Armor Quints and 1 AD Quint

Which one should I use and when? Are there champions that work best with one of these three setups?

Alright, so in my personal opinion I feel like your first one should always be the go to when you feel like you don't know what your champion really needs. In terms of the AS 2 AD 1 Quint setup, that's more of something on the lines of someone like Twitch or Vayne. I personally am not a big fan of the AS boost on people who don't benefit it early, but if you'd like to test it out on other champions, go for it!

In terms of your last one, it seems like a setup where you're going to be facing a super high harass lane, or you're just playing Vayne into something like Caitlyn. You've got 3 really good rune setups to choose from, now you just need the experience of using them on a lot of the ADC's to find what works for you :D!

Janitsu wrote:

whaddaya think about my rune pages?

I think they're fine, definitely not my style of play, but it seems like they can work for ya. The question I have for you though, is do you have any other ADC rune pages? AS runes are only like super good on people who benefit from it the most like Twitch and Vayne, they feel kind of subpar on heavy hitters like Lucian, Caitlyn, and Graves. Might just be me though *Shrug*

What is your opinion on Cho + Morg bot lane in normals?

I hate double AP bots in normals. So much. They work stupidly well and win lane/game most of the time. Honestly though, I'm just jaded against them because of how many ADC (Really APC) malzahar, cass, viktor and whatever support bot lane mixup combos that I've had to deal with while playing as an ADC, and they always tend to be toxic diamonds with an urge to talk mad **** as they CC you to oblivion. In fact I had one Cass, Viktor lane yesterday where the Cass was talking all game dropping insults, then went as far as to add me after on a different account and tell me to go die because logic and reason. Again, that's been my experience everytime I've gone against AP double bot rofl.
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The Mobafire S4 Guide Contest!-

I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 1:06pm | Report
Viability of Jarvan IV/ Malphite support? (gpl loves malph supp,even building him with lots of dmg,well as much as you can as supp)

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 1:46pm | Report
No other pages, I might change one of my jungle pages tho (I have three and I don't even like jungling).
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 1:48pm | Report

Viability of Jarvan IV/ Malphite support? (gpl loves malph supp,even building him with lots of dmg,well as much as you can as supp)

Pretty unviable, only good in cheese bot lane scenarios (Generally coupled with another AD or AP Champion that isn't an ADC). The reasoning is because if you try and run Jarvan or Malph support with Lucian against a lane like Caitlyn and Thresh, or Ezreal and Leona/Sona, You'll find yourself weeping as you get punished for picking it by being poked out of lane before you can really do anything. Both have some merit at level 6 in the laning phase, and are pretty decent later game for initiating, but it's better to run supports that allow you to be able to win lane phase early without any insane risk taking to pull it off.

Janitsu wrote:

No other pages, I might change one of my jungle pages tho (I have three and I don't even like jungling).

I'd definitely advocate changing one of those pages into another ADC page and trying to run different combinations like TROLLing1999 so you can see how all of the setups feel for you and on which champions having a different page would work better for.

Worst case scenario, you dont like any of the setups and you can just stick to the old 9 AD marks (maybe 1 crit chance), armor seals (maybe some hp seals), MR (scaling or non-scaling), and 3 LS Quints (an AD Quint if you go 2, or even something like an Armor Quint) or just stick to having that one page :D!
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The Mobafire S4 Guide Contest!-

Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 10:52pm | Report
I'm no pro, but why does gpl pick Malphite over Thresh with it having a huge ban rate during their playoffs. Any reasoning behind that?

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 11:43pm | Report
Malphite is a better initiator. That's pretty much the only possible reason you'd pick him as a support.
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2014 12:54am | Report
face of the mountain or talisman of Ascension on Thresh?

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2014 12:59am | Report
I feel like face of the mountain is better for endgame, but he has a hard time using the execution passive from the entire build path.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide