Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 5: Bot lane]

Creator: Vynertje May 8, 2014 3:38pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2014 2:49pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Thats such a delay on vision, if you start Doran's Shield, it's pretty hard to get a g/10 item unless you get ahead in lane (i.e. a kill).

The point of this thread is called "ask a diamond", the idea is that you're giving people advice, you may as well tell people the most optimal set-ups rather than a welfare rune set-up

The delay on vision generally isn't a very large problems, for me, kills go down fast early in bot lane for my ELO so it's either get pushed in or dominate and control vision. And if you really feel like you don't want to delay your vision, start straight up with a income item, some lanes you can get away with it.

In terms of my second answer, It was more geared towards in the lines of what I stated previously towards my IP generation, I'll just edit with the copy pasta, didn't mean it to sound as stupid as how it sounds compared to the other one. And regardless, I'm giving my answer to how I play and how I do things, don't like it? Don't take it then. I'm not deceiving anybody, I'm not forcing people to go my route, it's to get advice, just ignore my opinion if it really bothers you.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2014 4:35pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I guess the question is, do armor quints give you enough effective health to make Doran's Blade suffice for early sustain or is lifesteal superior for surviving early laning? It's 8.5 armor versus 3% lifesteal, both with 5 on-hit healing and a health pot. Maybe the armor is actually better.

Some quick ****py maths, hopefully I didn't mess something up. I'm comparing Lifesteal quints to Health seals because that's much easier to work out and I figure the difference between 9 armour and 8.5 is too minor to significantly change the results.

Assuming a starting AD of 74, 2 Lifesteal quints will heal you for 2.22 health per attack. This means that, at level 1, it requires 33 attacks (when you're not at full hp) for the healing from lifesteal quints to exceed the flat health from the yellows in the armour quint setup and give you a higher amount of effective health. If you consider that champions gain AD per level and the armour quint setup also has .5 less armour it's likely a little less than 33.

The conclusion I draw from this is that lifesteal quints are still great in any lane where you know you'll be trading/being harassed over a long period and won't be engaging in all-in fights, at least early on. In fact I'd say they're still pretty good in general, at least for the laning phase.

Also they nerfed Doran's Blade to only heal for 3 on ranged champions.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2014 6:48pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Some quick ****py maths, hopefully I didn't mess something up. I'm comparing Lifesteal quints to Health seals because that's much easier to work out and I figure the difference between 9 armour and 8.5 is too minor to significantly change the results.

Assuming a starting AD of 74, 2 Lifesteal quints will heal you for 2.22 health per attack. This means that, at level 1, it requires 33 attacks (when you're not at full hp) for the healing from lifesteal quints to exceed the flat health from the yellows in the armour quint setup and give you a higher amount of effective health. If you consider that champions gain AD per level and the armour quint setup also has .5 less armour it's likely a little less than 33.

The conclusion I draw from this is that lifesteal quints are still great in any lane where you know you'll be trading/being harassed over a long period and won't be engaging in all-in fights, at least early on. In fact I'd say they're still pretty good in general, at least for the laning phase.

Are you sure that's an adequate comparison? Armor quints should increase the value of your on-hit sustain and your Health Potion, while lifesteal is just straight-up sustain. I'm not sure if the health comparison is close enough to armor to be a valid substitute. You may be right in your conclusion though -- maybe Korean ADCs are running armor to deal with potential early all-ins more than harass.
Luther3000 wrote:

Also they nerfed Doran's Blade to only heal for 3 on ranged champions.

Whoops, I'll fix that.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2014 6:54pm | Report
The thing is, it's the same amount of armour (well, 0.5 off) as you get while running lifesteal quints, assuming you use full armour seals. The health is the only real difference, at least the way I see it. With the pages I run the relevant stats look like this:

+9 armour
+3% lifesteal

vs.

+8.5 armour
+72 health

As you can see, the real difference there is the health versus the lifesteal - the armour doesn't meaningfully change.

I'm sure it's possible to directly compare the quints but that sounds really complicated to do and I'm lazy, this way was much easier whilst still allowing for a fairly close estimation of the effects. The only liberty I took with it being a direct comparison was rounding up the armour.

PsiGuard wrote:

You may be right in your conclusion though -- maybe Korean ADCs are running armor to deal with potential early all-ins more than harass.

Yeah, it's also worth noting that Lifesteal is relatively useless in a laneswap scenario since you won't generally be taking any harass damage.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2014 11:28pm | Report
Ruby Crystal or Doran's Shield if you don't play someone relying on Spellthief's Edge or a Relic Shield start?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2014 11:45pm | Report
^Coin! :D

Or Doran's Shield
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 12:22am | Report
xIchi wrote:

^Coin! :D

Or Doran's Shield

I feel like Coin's simply better 'cause it gives more potions, and the ability to start with a ward.
True love is found only in yourself.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 12:52am | Report
With a Ruby Crystal I buy 1 ward and 1 pot when having 515 gold, also Relic Shield on Thresh?

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 1:36am | Report
I personally go with Ruby Crystal + 3 health pots if I'm not starting one of the gp10 items. I see no reason to start Doran's Shield on support anymore when Ruby Crystal gives you more pots and builds into Sightstone on your first back. I also don't like starting with wards because you have two Stealth Wards in bot lane which should usually be enough for bush control and river vision.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2014 1:57am | Report
I currently have 3 ADC rune setups...

The first is:
AD Marks
Armor Seals
MR Glyphs
2 LS Quints and 1 AD Quint

The second one:
AD Marks
5 Armor Seals 4 HP seals(flat)
MR Glyphs
2 AS Quints and 1 AD Quint

And the other one:
AD Marks
HP seals(flat)
MR Glyphs
2 Armor Quints and 1 AD Quint

Which one should I use and when? Are there champions that work best with one of these three setups?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide