Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best way to Counter Shyvana

Creator: Scott Azrael January 27, 2014 5:57am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 9:01am | Report
Zed/Teemo/Vlad/Swain/Renekton/Irelia/Mundo are all good picks against her. If you can get your jungle to gank 2 or 3 times before she gets gear you could roll Darius against her. If you can pick up a few kills then awesome.

Generally if I am playing shyvana. I will pick a mobile top laner where i can push the lane. Then roam to mid to gank. Someone like wukong will lose lane to shyvana, but you can cause so much pain in the other lanes. The cool part is that most shyvana players are like nasus players. They need a ton of farm so they won't leave lane to help their team. So leave and gank and farm teh opposing teams jungle.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 9:18am | Report
ADC top doesn't work because you just get camped + dived and there's not much you can do about it.

You beat Shyvana by picking someone who can duel AND can push against her, i.e. the top meta picks Renekton or Mundo.

Also, you need someone who scales just as hard.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 10:33am | Report

Or, you know, she takes away half your health at level 2 or 3, doesn't care about your slow because she has a huge speed boost, and is tanky enough to survive ult? 9/21 Shyvana + Doran's Shield is gonna shrug off Razor Shuriken. You can't farm every single CS with Razor Shuriken and Shadow Slash, at least not early game. You have to go up to creeps to auto attack. Then Shyvana gets to attack you; it doesn't matter if she gets only one or two autos off on you after hitting Flame Breath, she's still doing around 100 - 250 damage. Also, your playstyle there is completely passive. What are you gonna do if you wanna go on the offense? You either don't deal enough damage to bother her, or you use your Living Shadow and/or Death Mark and she still outdamages you.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I honestly cannot see how you would ever win that matchup as Zed. The whole point of Shyvana is that she wrecks squishies, and out-trades and out-damages tanks.

As to who would be good against Shyvana, a couple of champions come to mind.

Aatrox, although super squishy, can try to lifesteal up after each trade. I don't honestly know how that one would work.

Kayle, because she does ridiculous amounts of damage, mixed damage at that, has a strong slow, and has ranged harass. Plus, Intervention is insane.

Yasuo does pretty well, really well once he gets Statikk Shiv. He has super strong poke with Steel Tempest, he can block Flame Breath with Wind Wall, and he has a lot of mobility. He can pretty much kite around Shyvana if she tries to go in, but he wins more because he can poke her constantly before fights.

Or ban Shyvana because she's stupidly strong right now. That's a direct counter.

Are you implying I don't know how to kite Shyvana and jungler ganks?

Basically how I play LoL
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 10:38am | Report

Yasuo does pretty well, really well once he gets Statikk Shiv. He has super strong poke with Steel Tempest, he can block Flame Breath with Wind Wall, and he has a lot of mobility. He can pretty much kite around Shyvana if she tries to go in, but he wins more because he can poke her constantly before fights.

I was wondering if Yasuo would work against her. I had also debated if Tryndamere would work as long as I just tried to farm.
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 10:42am | Report

I was wondering if Yasuo would work against her. I had also debated if Tryndamere would work as long as I just tried to farm.

wouldn't recommend Yasuo as he gets banned so often in ranked

Basically how I play LoL
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 10:53am | Report

No and No. You will lose early game trades, and she will push you out of lane. Nasus is better than trynd if you jsut want to farm under turret.

Yasuo's wind wall is not on the same cdr as the others.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 10:59am | Report
^ agreed. you need someone who can handle her early push/pressure. honestly i think the best matchups have already been listed.

Zed/Teemo/Renekton/Mundo

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 11:08am | Report

^ agreed. you need someone who can handle her early push/pressure. honestly i think the best matchups have already been listed.

Zed/Teemo/Renekton/Mundo

Vlad and Swain are solid against her. She can't hurt them, and they really can't hurt her. Vlad can scale with her, and Swain's early game trades will really hurt her.

If you want to stay in lane then the 6 mentioned are probably your best bet. If you want to play a different champ pick one that can roam every time she is in lane and gank other lanes.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 11:57am | Report
Hannul wrote:

Are you implying I don't know how to kite Shyvana and jungler ganks?

I'm not implying anything, maybe you can kit Shyvana as Zed, but I sure can't. I just know that Shyvana has a lot of MS and goes in really hard whenever people walk up to CS. Maybe you are better at Zed than me, I'm just saying that I have no clue how to win that lane as Zed, it just seems to me that Shyvana would win. Maybe there are some techniques I'm not aware of, but I just would say that an "average" Zed player such as myself wouldn't be great against Shyvana.

I didn't mean to imply anything or insult you, I just meant that, in my eyes, Zed is not one of the "best" ways to counter Shyvana. I've also never seen a Zed win that matchup, but maybe I haven't seen that many good Zeds. I'm sorry if my speech came out the wrong way.

SOAC Bas wrote:

No and No. You will lose early game trades, and she will push you out of lane. Nasus is better than trynd if you jsut want to farm under turret.

Yasuo's wind wall is not on the same cdr as the others.

I understand that Yasuo loses early trades, but once you get at least a Zeal + Boots you have a decent time. I guess he's not the "best" but I've seen it work before.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 12:18pm | Report

I'm not implying anything, maybe you can kit Shyvana as Zed, but I sure can't. I just know that Shyvana has a lot of MS and goes in really hard whenever people walk up to CS. Maybe you are better at Zed than me, I'm just saying that I have no clue how to win that lane as Zed, it just seems to me that Shyvana would win. Maybe there are some techniques I'm not aware of, but I just would say that an "average" Zed player such as myself wouldn't be great against Shyvana.

I didn't mean to imply anything or insult you, I just meant that, in my eyes, Zed is not one of the "best" ways to counter Shyvana. I've also never seen a Zed win that matchup, but maybe I haven't seen that many good Zeds. I'm sorry if my speech came out the wrong way.

I understand that Yasuo loses early trades, but once you get at least a Zeal + Boots you have a decent time. I guess he's not the "best" but I've seen it work before.

you're right about Yasuo, but he can only trade while his shield is up or poke through creeps with q, auto attacks are a no. Well you don't need shield, just a full charged e+q knockup then e away lol.
And yes, I can juke quite well with Living Shadow and Death Mark and can also harass/farm at the same time. I'm not the best Zed player but I'm pretty decent

Basically how I play LoL
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide