Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best way to Counter Shyvana

Creator: Scott Azrael January 27, 2014 5:57am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 12:40pm | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

Zed/Teemo/Vlad/Swain/Renekton/Irelia/Mundo are all good picks against her. If you can get your jungle to gank 2 or 3 times before she gets gear you could roll Darius against her. If you can pick up a few kills then awesome.

How does vlad counter shyvana? I mean sure, you can kite her well, but won't her twin bite will take out like 40% of your HP?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 12:55pm | Report
Because Vlad has decent poke, nice sustain, and can trollpool away effortlessly.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:05pm | Report
Ranged champions can generally do well against her. I think Dr. Mundo does well, he can permakit with cleavers. Vlad is probably a good pick. Renekton is always a good pick. Aatrox might be a decent pick too.

I really don't understand Zed against Shyv. I think Zed is really good against Mundo, but I think shyv would destroy him.

I've also seen Lissandra do well against Shyv because she can pretty much permakite her.

utopus wrote:

How does vlad counter shyvana? I mean sure, you can kite her well, but won't her twin bite will take out like 40% of your HP?

what vladimir's are you playign with? Or better yet, what is your shyvanna build in which you take 40% of a vlad's health with one Q
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:19pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I really don't understand Zed against Shyv. I think Zed is really good against Mundo, but I think shyv would destroy him.

A good zed will move in quickly last hit and play it safe until level 3-4 then he will use his shadow to help last hit. Once you get some lifesteal and your first boots you won't be in lane much. You will push the lane a bit swap out with your jungler roam, and pick up a kill on mid or bot lane then return back to top lane. You essentially rotate who is up top to keep shyv from pushing your lanes while adding pressure to the other lanes.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:22pm | Report
utopus wrote:

This right here -
drakon136 wrote:

Because Vlad has decent poke, nice sustain, and can trollpool away effortlessly.

To put it simply you poke with Q/E when she pushes close you W away. You should never be close enough to get hit with Twin Bite. she will go MRez initially while you will go Liandry's/revolver. By lvl 9 or 10 she will be tanky as snot, and you will have Liandry's/Boots/revolver. You can now hurt her then you go into Rylai's, and she becomes a slow moving slowly dying dragon.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:34pm | Report
In lane I play Darius against her, he generally wins that matchup.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:43pm | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

A good zed will move in quickly last hit and play it safe until level 3-4 then he will use his shadow to help last hit. Once you get some lifesteal and your first boots you won't be in lane much. You will push the lane a bit swap out with your jungler roam, and pick up a kill on mid or bot lane then return back to top lane. You essentially rotate who is up top to keep shyv from pushing your lanes while adding pressure to the other lanes.

This is a completely hypothetical scenario that's pretty farfetched to begin with. Are you trying to say Zed is a strong match-up to shyvanna when he doesn't have to lane against her?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:46pm | Report
Just play ****mo and **** all over her face
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:47pm | Report
I was going to say "rush Randuin's Omen and skip that ****ty Sunfire Aegis", but i see you meant champions...

Sig made by Tamy
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 1:54pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

This is a completely hypothetical scenario that's pretty farfetched to begin with. Are you trying to say Zed is a strong match-up to shyvanna when he doesn't have to lane against her?

I believe you misunderstand the meaning of far fetched. Far fetched means hard to believe and borderline ludicrous. Are you saying that zed pushing a lane then roaming for kills is hard to believe? Or is it saying that zed shouldn't try to force a trade against a champ that will be tough to kill either way?

I am saying that zed is a champ who can poke and get farm on shyvana and then leave to go roam rather than staying in lane. Zed is not an easier champion than the others, but if you have to pick a champ that cane ffectively push a lane and then leave to go make an impact on the game then Zed is perfectly fine. Once he gets gear he can clear really fast, prevent Shyvana from taking a turret, and still roam and make an impact. He can trade with the jungler giving effective ganks and allowing the jungler to pick up some farm. How is this far-fetched?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide