Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Best / Worst Passives in the game

Creator: Keels August 5, 2011 2:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:02am | Report

Karma's pretty interesting in that she's right between AP Carry and Support. She needs lots of farm to be effective, but her kit tends to lean towards support. With this current thought-process of 0 farm supports floating about people tend to think Karma is worthless. Give her a solo lane and watch her support your *** all game long while still doing sizable amounts of damage at the same time.

The whole reason 0 farm supports work is that they don't need much farm and their lane partners need a LOT of it.

Her having a solo lane is just silly. 50% of her abilities' utility is gone since she can't support anyone, and AP carries need it a lot more than "hybrids".

She really can't do much damage outside her E. Her Q means she needs to be at next to melee range, which is stupid for a caster/support (unless it has a stun or something on it), which ever way you look at it. So she does not much damage, and compare her skillset to, say, Soraka's. It's obvious who's the clear winner.

Karma ain't an AP Carry. Far from it.
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Confehdehrehtheh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:20am | Report
Karma's damage comes from good positioning with all three of her abilities combined. Spirit Bond has a ******edly high base damage + slow alongside huge AoE burst from Heavenly Wave and Soul Shield. If she's hurt even a little bit that damage goes up a rather large amount, as well as her survivability with her shield. I'm also lost as to how you believe her utility is gone if she has no lane partner. All of her spells affect herself too. Buff yourself in laning phase, buff the team later on.
Awesome sig by jhoijhoi :D
Aura-Support/CDR Sona|Jungle Yorick
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:26am | Report
Well, look at it this way -

Would a speed boost be better on a Karma, or a Corki? Would the shield be better on someone that can heal themself, or someone that can't?

I fail to see how good positioning can help a support in melee range. Spirit Bond is ******edly hard to place properly, the chances are the enemies aren't stupid enough to be like that, and also, one would have to be behind the rest, meaning you'd have to be in pretty much melee range again. Soul Shield shouldn't be used for damage. It's good if it is, but it's a lot better on that AD carry who's being targetted by their team.

The base damage actually isn't that good, considering you need 6 ranks.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:32am | Report
Bryun wrote:

What? What does the passive have to do with killing Baron o.o
Something has to die in order for it to work.
Was there a team fight?

no i was referring to how much health he magically gained from killing baron. as he was tanking it he was taking damage. baron has so much health its awesome.

and the way i see it, karma is a mage (not a carry, but still a mage) that has support like qualities.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 7:17am | Report
Searz wrote:

You're dumb...

Those are both awesome passives..

That's what he meant.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 9:01pm | Report
@Jun His original passive gave his entire team critical strike chance which is why I suggested luck. It was part of his original theme after-all.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 9:44pm | Report
Tier 1
1. Anivia
2. Poppy
3. Anivia
4. Morde
5. Anivia

Tier 2
1. Jax
2. Zilean
3. TF
4. Ryze
5. Tristana

and u kno da rest
WaffleWarrior
<Member>
WaffleWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 10:32pm | Report
Nobody mentioned Yi's Double Strike or kassadins Void Stone

Thanks for the amazing sigs Brynolf,JEFFY40HANDS, Katoki, and myself
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 11:48pm | Report
Kassadin's is okay. And searz lol do you seriously think that I, a singed player, would call that passive bad? Free health? KAY! Seriously though guys, Annie's is a frickin STUN! a passive that's a stun! 1337

I don't care about my rep, but you can +rep if you want to.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 11:55pm | Report
Any passive that gives stat->stat is powerful, just because it makes the champ have such a good late game, after items are stacked.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide