Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Best / Worst Passives in the game

Creator: Keels August 5, 2011 2:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 4:28pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Edit:
Also, what's a grade school? We don't have those in the UK.

Primary school =P

I wish Riot would make some more interesting passives soon, most of the recent ones seem to just be rehashes or armour/MR shreds.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:28pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

2000 gold = 26 additional sight wards to be placed ANYWHERE on the map.
or
2000 gold = 18 additional sight wards to be placed ANYWHERE on the map and 4 vision wards for baron and dragon points.
or
2000 gold = 16 additional sight wards to be placed ANYWHERE and two Oracle's Elixirs for the tank and support. (and addition gold for successful ward-hunting)

This is on top of the average 16+ sight wards, 4+ vision wards, and 2+ oracles that BOTH SIDES typically purchase in a normal game of High ELO.

Math is useful. Twisted Fate is above grade-school logic!

edit: @below: NP~

Grade school is one way of referring to elementary school. This typically encompasses the first 6~9 years of school between the ages of 4 and 14. In Canada's elementary, most contain kindergarten to grade 6

This is first of all assuming your team buys wards (not typical in solo queue).
You obtain the gold from his passive in such small amounts that it is pretty much negligible at any point other than early game unless your playing an extremely fast farmer that can take out waves in 3 or so seconds. By the time you can afford wards with the amount earned from his passive, It's probably already been spent on items.
The issue here isn't that its good or bad, but that it looks practical on paper but in practice it's almost negligible. It was funny seeing Phreak try to justify his passive back during Dreamhack.

Regardless of the above, none of this is why I have a problem with it, I feel that it definitely doesn't fit in with his theme of gambling/luck.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:33pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I wish Riot would make some more interesting passives soon, most of the recent ones seem to just be rehashes or armour shreds.

Agreed.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:36pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Agreed.

What would they be able to create? They've pretty much used everything that's obvious.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:38pm | Report
I dunno, Riot are the ones getting paid to think this **** up, not me. =P

Maybe something like Annie's passive, but different? Or something along the lines of Akali? I guess those wouldn't be original, but still.

I realize not every champion can have something amazing and interesting for a passive, but it seems like there are a lot of 'number' passives coming out lately that just alter armour and MR or similar.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:42pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

BONUS 2k GOLD IS BAD YO

Anyway -

Best -
TF
Chogath
Poppy
Grog Soaked Blade

Worst -
Eve
Taric (lol free mana from hitting stuff when you're a melee support)

Can't think of more atm.

Wait, Karma's passive is useless? Free AP is useless?
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:46pm | Report
Orianna's sucks... Another one that doesn't really make much sense for the character. They should've made a aura buff on every 3 or so hits. Gangplank's Grog-soaked blade really makes sense for the character, and for example, Wukong's passive is pretty unimaginative. Nothing really exciting there. The only passive I've liked recently is Vayne's.

EDIT: did NOT realize that Clockwork Windup scaled with AP. Decent passive. I thought it was flat damage.

I don't care about my rep, but you can +rep if you want to.
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:49pm | Report
GUYS
BEST IN GAME
ANNIE'S.
THAT IS ALL. WHY THE **** DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:49pm | Report
Yeah, I actually just had to look up what Wukong's passive was because it was so amazingly boring I completely forgot what it did.
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 6:05pm | Report
Trundle's passive is only good for the first couple levels, and only then in the jungle...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide