Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Buy RP, yay or nay?

Creator: MissFoxfire April 21, 2012 6:26am
Should I buy some rp to get the champs I'm used to?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 7:25am | Report
I prefer buying champions with IP, the only time I spent RP was for two runepages and a skin. And I had been playing for quite a few months when I did that. :P
MissFoxfire
<Member>
MissFoxfire's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 7:32am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Really depends on the champion cost. Don't spend RP on a 450, 1350 or 3150 champion, it's simply a waste.
It takes a bit longer to get to 4800 and 6300, so you can think about spending RP for that. However, if you start spending RP right from the start, you have to watch out not to get used to doing it because otherwise you could spend more money on the game than you actually want to / can afford.

Since you're new to this game, I'd encourage you to play a lot and get to know a lot of champions before you decide to spend RP on champions.

Hmmm ya that makes sense, any cool cheap champs I should pick up?
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 7:36am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

I have over 1600 games played, and I never bought RP. From time to time I got some RP because of server lags, I bought myself 2 skins with that.

Skins don't add anything to the game, so I don't want to spend money on it.

Anyhow never ever buy champs with RP, you can buy them with IP too. Just play a lot and you will get there ^^

I would rarely ever buy stuff such as skins in a game, or at least in a game I've already paid once. Since the game is free to play, the only income Riot has with the game is through RP. I bought 35$ worth of RP, no idea how many RP this amount represents, and bought some skins with it because some look pretty nice (hello kitty kat)
I might buy a few more RP soon, maybe another 35$... I mean, we paid like 70$ back when Diablo 2 was released. If I enjoy a game enough to play 1700-ish games, I feel I should reward the creators a bit.

And well, I feel riot programmers arent necessarily the best around in the game industry (some bugs barely make sense and should have been fixed WAY quicker than they were), but this game is still patched every 2 week, which is quite a huge advantage. Heck, it took Blizzard 8 years to finally balance Hammerdins... and we wont give Riot any money? It doesnt feel right to me.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 7:47am | Report
if you buy the champs with IP, you'll appreciate and also be more careful when choosing a champ to buy. you might just well meet the champ you want in the rotations and it'll maybe change your mind about that certain champ. also, yes RP for skins only.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:00am | Report
Oh and also a tip: Buy skins that are on sale. Its worth the wait. I got 20€ PaySafeCard as a gift and used it in LoL, and believe me, if you only buy skins that are on sale, you get tons of **** for only 20€. For 20€ you can get 3553 RP, and if you buy skins on sale, you can get 7 skins that are usually worth 975 RP. And many 975 skins are pretty dope, some are even legendary. You can always buy cheaper ones, that have only changed colors or something like that. If you buy 520RP skins on sale, you can get 13 skins for 20€.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:05am | Report
IMO, use RPs for skins and runepage only.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
MissFoxfire
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:12am | Report
Well that sounds about right RaNuD, at least I'm checking out that bundle.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:25am | Report
Nah you just started :p You should stick to the free ones and then get Morgana or some other cheapish champion.

by jhoijhoi
MissFoxfire
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:39am | Report
Morgana is like really cool, although I just failed hard against Anivia.
Some guy, Shaco or something, ganked me so often. :( Makes me sad
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:49am | Report
yeah that happens, it's good to have your lane warded when they have a jungler.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide