Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Mastery Thread Reborn

Creator: RottedApples March 9, 2016 11:10am
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 12:06pm | Report
i've never been particularly good at the code for forums. I don't know if i want to do that, i kinda like the chronological order myself but circling back to the idea i had a while ago of, x number of people have y number of masteries on z number of champions i was thinking of doing it something like this.

together x number of mobafire people have y number of mastery 5's on z number of champions

I could then add names as well if i wanted to. It would be easier to add to if we get a new champion although it might not look as nice as your idea.

Of course i would put it in a table and center it. maybe add some colors.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 3:47pm | Report
I agree with you, it'd be too fiddly to alter the coding. I like your idea of x champion, y masteries and z members. This coding would be easier to maintain. In terms of adding colour, you could have a system for mastery, like, red for 0 and green for 9+ or something. I'm actually not very good with colour schemes in text. Anyway. I enjoy coding things, so maybe the below code is something that will be usable for you or strike up some ideas ^^ +rep for all your hard work.

AATROX
Masteries
#1 UserBard, #2 User3100, #3 UserGuard, #4 UserMaw, #5 UserVaper4Lyfe, #6 UserApples, #7 UserItsu, #8 Userjhoi, #9 UserFerrett, etc

AHRI
Masteries
#1 UserBard, #2 User3100, #3 UserGuard, #4 UserMaw, #5 UserVaper4Lyfe, #6 UserApples, #7 UserItsu, #8 Userjhoi, #9 UserFerrett, etc

HEIMERDINGER
Masteries
This champion has yet to be mastered! Do you have what it takes to be... #1?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 4:08pm | Report
Aw ye UserGuard.

Maybe change to Mastery 7 only? A lot of people have gotten to lvl 5 on a ton of champions now so mastery 7 would be more special.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 4:46pm | Report
Quoted:
#7 UserItsu

hmmmm :^)
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 5:07pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
I agree with you, it'd be too fiddly to alter the coding. I like your idea of x champion, y masteries and z members. This coding would be easier to maintain. In terms of adding colour, you could have a system for mastery, like, red for 0 and green for 9+ or something. I'm actually not very good with colour schemes in text. Anyway. I enjoy coding things, so maybe the below code is something that will be usable for you or strike up some ideas ^^ +rep for all your hard work.

AATROX
Masteries

AHRI
Masteries

HEIMERDINGER
Masteries
This champion has yet to be mastered! Do you have what it takes to be... #1?

I could pretty easily replicate this code for other champions i think. I'll definitely go through and link the people like the current list has it. Do you know of any way to link the champion names like Teemo but without the little picture before the name? I know i could just do the url thing to link to the wiki page but i still want the info to show up if you hovered over it. (not that the info actually tells you much anyway) If not it's not a huge deal, you have the big picture right above the champion names anyway that does the same thing.

As for a mastery 7 list i've been thinking about it for a while, but i don't want to make the current list completely irrelevant because i still think it's important in it's own right. I'll probably keep the current list updated but i might hide it into a spoiler because i don't want the post to get too big. The editor starts getting laggy with really big posts as it is, i'm having a bit of that already with this post. I'm sure if i added a new mastery 7 list and the list of masteries by champion. I'm sure it doesn't help that there are a million links to different places on the website.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 6:37pm | Report
You can type [icon=teemo] to get :)

Edit: Oh, I realised you meant the opposite. Um, I don't know how to do that without the picture besides URL linking. Sorry.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 7:50pm | Report

got one more :>
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2017 6:26pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
You can type [icon=teemo] to get :)

Edit: Oh, I realised you meant the opposite. Um, I don't know how to do that without the picture besides URL linking. Sorry.

I won't worry about it then. It's not really necessary, i was just thinking about the little things i could do to the layout.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2017 1:00am | Report
Let us know if you'd like help with the coding :)

♡ sig by me ♡
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2017 12:45am | Report

FeelsGoodMan

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide