Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cursed or Coincidence?

Creator: TxTVira August 4, 2012 5:33am
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 2:26am | Report
TxTVira wrote:

Still, so hard to believe it's a coincidence because the odds are so large, I'll beat the **** out of morgana if i used karthus that match, almost 8 out of 10 matches I played against a morgana I'm ahri lol.

Er, doesn't Ahri do fine in that matchup? She has the pushing power and the mobility to escape morg's ult. You just have to avoid Qs and make stuff happen mid game. (I could be wrong though)

Also last-picking your mid helps if you're in a lot of bad matchups. Usually that means playing in a premade 5s where your teammates can swap around champions. I play a lot of arranged 5s normals as a jungler and often get mid or top to pick my jungler so I can trade for their champion later. Most of the time you should be able to see their mid laner before you have to pick.

Unless you're playing blind pick, then you can't do squat. Just play draft if you're annoyed by getting countered randomly.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 2:30am | Report
Nah, Zyra and Ahri are different, Zyra seems to be pretty strong vs Ahri (and most other AP mids >_>)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 5:12am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Er, doesn't Ahri do fine in that matchup? She has the pushing power and the mobility to escape morg's ult. You just have to avoid Qs and make stuff happen mid game. (I could be wrong though)

Also last-picking your mid helps if you're in a lot of bad matchups. Usually that means playing in a premade 5s where your teammates can swap around champions. I play a lot of arranged 5s normals as a jungler and often get mid or top to pick my jungler so I can trade for their champion later. Most of the time you should be able to see their mid laner before you have to pick.

Unless you're playing blind pick, then you can't do squat. Just play draft if you're annoyed by getting countered randomly.

For one thing, I never played draft yet >_>

I'm not saying that Morg>Ahri
It's just a "i cant kill u, u cant kill me" situation.
If I'm karthus I'm sure her shield would be useless to me cuz I can harass every 1 second.
As ahri it's hard to land a q because most morgs just pool>afk behind.
Even if i managed to land it she just lay a few pools and got her health back.
Attempting to kill her alone/with jungler is hard cause landing that charm with her spell shield out is hard. The shield also soak up a lot of my burst.

@wRAthoFVuLK: Atm I can only beat her with kass and gragas. Bought swain yesterday and havn't faced a zyra with him yet =/
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 9:57am | Report
[img= hosting images]

Figured I'd share this.
Finally, things may start to look good.
Actually, I think it was because I kited a lot in this match.

Honestly, thinking back about my matches for the past two days, I realized that when gank fights break out, I usually dive in head-on, which probably explains why I have very little kills on higher level of gameplay lately. The lack of kiting in game was probably the reason why I never got kills extensively.

Initially, I was feeding to 2/6.
Somehow, managed to figured out maybe what I need to do during team fights is to kite and kite and keep on kiting until I see an opening, which means that I can Spirit Rush in to get a kill. Always better than getting none at all.

Tried that out, rest was left up to Jax to get seriously farmed. And we went on to dominate the entire game. 3 times our base got sieged, left with nothing but inhibitors on top and bot, and only 2 final mid turrets.

3 times we fought intensively, managed to siege in their base at the very end.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 9:27pm | Report
Last match, 15 matches since I decided to give ahri a break.
Guess what?Zyra again.
I play real passive this time and my KDA ratio was something like 1:1:2 early to mid.
Then to teamfights.

Amumu comes in> he ults > mal ults > zyra burst plus ults.

Every teamfight was like this with more then 5 seconds of stun/knock airborne.

Remember what morello said when he fixed ahri's base damage and ratios?
"Tanky while having strong bursts","would be rewarded if built more ap this way"
Well then this zyra got rod of ages and a giant's belt in 25 minutes or so.
With just 120ish AP he bursted kennen and maokai to death.
Hurr Durr tanky and bursty.
She ended up with 3300 hp because she's fed in teamfights.
I barely see any mages can have this much HP.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 9:46pm | Report

Nah, Zyra and Ahri are different, Zyra seems to be pretty strong vs Ahri (and most other AP mids >_>)

Best counter to Zyra is Talon
Fizz is Also A Great Counter to Zyra

If you want True AP mids then Gragas is the best counter to her
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 10:26pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Best counter to Zyra is Talon
Fizz is Also A Great Counter to Zyra

If you want True AP mids then Gragas is the best counter to her

Gragas yeah.
Barrel outranges everything.
Short cd escape/chase mechanism.

Talon is the same as kass.
Sudden silences and burst.
Doubt it would be effective enough in teamfights cause I usually sacrifice myself to bring zyra down.
Rest is left to the team.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide