Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Diana - Scorn of The Moon Revealed !

Creator: Blood26 July 26, 2012 5:38pm
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 9:21pm | Report
I haven't bought a brand new champion in a while, but I might consider this one. I'll check her out on the PBE tonight when she arrives, hopefully she's fun and not too glitchy. Will update ^_^

Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 9:30pm | Report
LaCorpse wrote:

The build is relatively similar.
I'm on the fence about Will of the Ancients
I'm thinking it will be another build with Athene's Unholy Grail. (the MR, Mana, and CDR is all good on her. This item would make an easy CDR cap on Zyra.

The only thing I am really set on is Rylai's Crystal Scepter because, even her plants benefit form the slow.

See, that is the reason why my guide is not released, I still need to test the build out properly ^^

Your build tends to favor damage over sustainability doesn't it ?
In that case, I'm gonna assume that you're forgoing RoA.
So in essence, its just a less mobile version of Ahri, focusing more on positioning and staying safe.

Sorcerer's Shoes, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Will of the Ancients, Zhonya's Hourglass/ Abyssal Mask, Athene's Unholy Grail perhaps ?

I see Guardian Angel as a fitting item for her imho.
She's one of the AP casters whose worthy of getting a GA.
So far, I've only applied the usage of GA on Ahri only.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 9:30pm | Report
Oh shes going to be on PBE tonight?
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 9:34pm | Report
Blood26 wrote:

Your build tends to favor damage over sustainability doesn't it ?
In that case, I'm gonna assume that you're forgoing RoA.
So in essence, its just a less mobile version of Ahri, focusing more on positioning and staying safe.

Sorcerer's Shoes, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Will of the Ancients, Zhonya's Hourglass/ Abyssal Mask, Athene's Unholy Grail perhaps ?

I see Guardian Angel as a fitting item for her imho.
She's one of the AP casters whose worthy of getting a GA.
So far, I've only applied the usage of GA on Ahri only.

Actually no, I do RoA and Rylai's.

Sorcerer's Shoes, Rod of Ages, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass/ Abyssal Mask, Athene's Unholy Grail is what I have been using.

I'm thinking about using a WotA but I wouldnt know where to fit it in.
With that I have lots of HP and Mana.

My build is truely in the making up stage
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 9:46pm | Report
Totally of topic, I build Zyra as I build my Orianna: boots, double doran's, rabadon's, rylay's, zhonya's, stuff.

I think her burst is gonna need some sort of toning down tho, she punishes too hard for not dodging a Q with two W's there :|

--//--

Diana AP? Sounds more likeable. She's like the lovechild of Akali and Leona <3
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 9:52pm | Report
Diana's PBE patch has been rescheduled to tomorrow.

Sorry guys.

Here's the source.

"Here comes the bearer of bad news =(

Unfortunately, we must delay this deploy until tomorrow. You see, we wanted to make sure it was going to be awesome but we encountered an issue that would have taken away from your ability to enjoy the PBE when we came live.

I do apologize for getting your hopes up today by posting about the maintenance as we simply wanted to give advanced notice of the downtime so you could plan accordingly.

Fear not! We do plan on rescheduling for tomorrow. Thank you for understanding."

Posted by Nyandalee.

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 10:07pm | Report
LaCorpse wrote:

Actually no, I do RoA and Rylai's.

Sorcerer's Shoes, Rod of Ages, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass/ Abyssal Mask, Athene's Unholy Grail is what I have been using.

I'm thinking about using a WotA but I wouldnt know where to fit it in.
With that I have lots of HP and Mana.

My build is truely in the making up stage

I no longer do RoA, except for my earlier days with Ahri as a newbie.
I find RoA a hard item to slot in, not in sense that its a bad item, more of like, forgoing AP for more health.
Only champs that I use RoA on at the moment is Anivia and Cassiopeia.

WoTa isn't an easy item to slot in too imo.
Some heroes who'd benefit from WoTa would be

Ahri - Essence Theft
Zyra - Sheer amount of spells

By spells, I actually mean a lot of spells in terms of quantity.

Like Ahri, she has 15 spells in total.
3 Foxfire, 9 Spirit Rush bolts, 2 Orb of Deception (back and forth), 1 Charm.

Zyra has about.. 7 spells, 3 aoes, 4 plants
Meaning to say that, her 3 spells have to damage enemies twice in order to utilize WoTa well.
For example, aoe and plant damage.
So I can see Zyra doing well with WoTa.

Vol.13
<Member>
Vol.13's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 10:18pm | Report
Gosh another AP jungler.

I have really bad feeling about this..

Hope she won't become another Sejuani
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2012 10:58pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Probably more a top lane champion rather then a jungler. I don't see the sustain ability for jungling. Her CC is also limited to a single slow. Not sure if that's enough for a jungler.

She has an AoE pull with her E, then it slows, then infinite gap closers.

Her sustain is kind of like Riven's. Shield ALL the damage, and the shield is increased while she builds damage.

It's gonna be enough for a jungler :P
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 12:12am | Report
New updates again.

Volty, the designer behind Diana, commented about her first ability by saying:

"The Q, Crescent Strike, has a fixed arc to it in that the radius of the arc is constant. The farther away you target it, the more of an arc you're going to get.

We made a special targeting indicator for it, to help convey what's going on. But since it will always end up on your cursor it's not difficult to smartcast it either."

Volty also chimed in by describing her role as "Fighter/Mage/Jungler", saying that both AP and Tank builds are viable, and revealing she uses mana as a resource. Similarly, Statikk shared his thoughts on her kit by saying "I played her a lot internally. She's an AP jungler".

In one of the threads, Volty highlighted how Diana's ultimate functions. Her Q ( and only her Q ) apply a moonlight effect, which is consumed when you cash R on the afflicted unit. This means an exchange would go something like:

Q an enemy
R to them, consuming the moonlight debuff when it hits.
Now you can either R them again ( since it is cooled down now ) or wait for Q to come back up to chain the effect again.

This is sort of hard to figure out by just looking at the skills recap, but was readily available in the block of text included in her reveal.

In the final chunk of Diana news, IronStylus, while fending off Summoner demands to remove the moon tattoo on Diana's forehead, commented about the mark saying "Sorry, that's not going anywhere. It's the Solari mark of the heretic. It's sorta thematically appropriate."

So I'm pretty sure she's a fighter, with a side of tankiness and ap to boot.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide