Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[DISCUSS] How to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?

Creator: ProAsylum May 16, 2012 4:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
What is more needed to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 6:48am | Report
In order of importance to solo-queue
Skill > Luck > (big one)Mood > Counter-picks

If you're not skilled, you're gonna drop.
If you get teammates who clearly don't belong where you are, you're gonna drop.
If you're pissed off and not thinking, you're gonna go full ****** and drop.
If you are counter-picked and not significantly better than your counter, you're gonna drop.
True love is found only in yourself.
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 6:53am | Report
I played over 450 games, wetn 1.600 highest, standing hard at 1450-1520 all days long and what I have to say is that you are going to win if your teammates aren't full of themselves.

You got ***** teammates, that tend to write and qq a lot even after they do stupid **** - you probably lost.

You got people that got some distance to themselves even when they screw up - you can win or lose, depending on how good your team is.

You got people that think and don't do stupid things - our probably won.

After 2 seasons and about 650 games played in total I came to that conclusion, and I was on 1600 after about 350 games so I guess it was quite accurate, as I consider myself a player that is about 1,6. Plays good, tries not to do stupid **** at all, but sometimes fails and that can counterpick.

And yeah, Solo Queqe is a grant failure - Chaox.
Luck is all you need <3
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 8:30am | Report
this is why 2k+ players have smurfed and gotten their elo to 1800s consistently. because it is all luck. actually at least one out of every two 1800 games has a smurf in it. climbing elo on 2-3 accounts is all luck, solo queue is all luck, yep.

i played on a 1600 smurf and played champs for the 1st time and carried.

if you are good at the game you will gain elo. simple as that

And yeah, Solo Queqe is a grant failure - Chaox.
Luck is all you need <3

soloq led to the formation of TSM (and a ton of other teams..), chaox is rank 31, 2400 elo, and is considered one of the best AD carries in the game. all luck.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 8:33am | Report
skill is more consistent then luck so I would have to say you gain elo through skill. In any event, no one gives a **** about your score (KDA) in ranked, it's can you kill the enemy nexus, not how well you do. You have 4 other teammates that you have to win with, and if you can't carry a player to victory then you don't deserve elo
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 8:46am | Report
What Dice said.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 8:47am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

skill is more consistent then luck so I would have to say you gain elo through skill. In any event, no one gives a **** about your score (KDA) in ranked, it's can you kill the enemy nexus, not how well you do. You have 4 other teammates that you have to win with, and if you can't carry a player to victory then you don't deserve elo

Well for example, I got 9/2/14 with Lux (Just and example but I do this very often). Lets say the top goes 4/5/2, Jungler 2/0/1, and Bot with AD carry at 3/2/2 and Support at 0/1/4. And lets put it at 20 minutes in the game. I'm doing my best and i'm doing my job, but lets say Nasus comes in and he intiates a fight. And then he does it again, and he does it again. Without the support of my team. I try to help him, and he ends up dying, and guess what? I end up dying too. What i've found out in doing literally over 500 games, is that in every elo (I play competitively with a 1800-2000 team) if your team doesn't think and you have an irresponsible player. Like this Nasus Have your team follow him. We have a player like this on our competitve team, and he's really iffy. Thats why I even get to play on the Competitive team, since he's always up in the air about showing up, and when he does he does this^. So have your team follow him around, and hopefully when he goes in, you can initiate well. This is how I Carry most games : /
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:00am | Report
EvilDice, don't derp on me. Chaox said that solo q is a grant failure, i didn't criticize the guy there -.-
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:05am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

What makes you say you don't belong in that ELO range? Are you heavily fed every game, outplaying every opponent you face? I honestly doubt it.
I'm not saying you don't belong higher, but I dislike people acting like they should be much higher than they are right now. If you deserve to be 2k, for example, you won't get stuck in 1500, that simple.

i shouldn't put myself as an example :/
I just wanted to talk about the solo queue itself.

but yes. i actually mostly outplay my enemy.
but that doesnt matter. i dont want to talk about me. or whining that im stucked in that elo.
Wickd wrote:
I thought League of legends is a fair game but then a bee came

~One by one they will fall~

QUICK KARMA GAMEPLAY GUIDE
FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:06am | Report
samgoeslol wrote:

another thing i would like to add here is that one can reduce the chances of his own team feeding/trolling by being friendly. The next thing is if you play jungle/mid/top/support (ie everything exept ad-carry) you can gank other lanes and make sure they win their respective lanes.

How many games did i win all 3 lanes by myself even tho i was the only one doing well on his own?
many games! If you can crush your own lane you should be able to win other lanes for your team aswell and force objectives.

Whenever i play kat/fizz i spend most of my game on sidelanes/in the enemy jungle.

greez sam

Sam that's correct. I know what you are talking about.
Wickd wrote:
I thought League of legends is a fair game but then a bee came

This signature I made for LaronX:

QUICK KARMA GAMEPLAY GUIDE
FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:11am | Report

EvilDice, don't derp on me. Chaox said that solo q is a grant failure, i didn't criticize the guy there -.-

i never said you did. i am saying that chaox himself is an example of why solo queue is NOT a failure

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide