Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[DISCUSS] How to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?

Creator: ProAsylum May 16, 2012 4:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
What is more needed to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:35am | Report
We all know this thing. Ben even linked my blog to this haha :D
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:47am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

best thing ive learned in solo q is to not get an inflated ego. ive made two falls from 1900 back into low 1700s and both times in 1700s i was just like "sup baddies im here to carry you". that just compounded my losses and made the team watch me under a microscope.

best thing to do in solo q is to keep a cool head and focus on yourself, and in general just relax. i mute cross-team chat and use the ignore button often, and i've found that it's really helped me out a lot as far as mindset goes. since then i am on a 10 game win streak and am once again knocking on the door of 1900 (and hopefully once again 2k)

^So much that.

Talking about inflated egos, one of the most annoying things to me(and that I see in many games) is when players at 1.9-2k are like "1.9/2k low elo hell zzz". Seriously?

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:06pm | Report
I know that many top-elo get there fast, and there are a number of treally good players that can carry their way to the top without any problem. They are just that good. For them, skill way surpasses luck.

But for those other 90-95% where the skill they possess are so little over the skill that is present in the game that luck is a WAY bigger factor. I am not a good player, I am low elo, and most likely I suit there. But somehow I feel like I belong higher since most of my games, if I get "my" roles, I carry the game hard. Not hard enough to counter real bad luck or bad teams or trolls, sometimes I do and some times I don't. Somewhere there I feel like I am better than my present elo, since I can actually beat most of my opponents in lane.

I play mostly kata and Fizz now, together with Cassio. With kata and Fizz, melee champs, I get more cs than lux, karthus, ryze, vlads, cassios in my games. I can outplay them cause I know the champs well. If my whole team could win their lanes like I do mine, then I'd win 90% of my games.

I think this is something that is the keypoint for this. ELO hell is where your personal skill is better than your teams or your opponents, and you still don't get above it. And I know, people say that if you want to go up in ELO you need to be able to carry your team, and I agree. But my thought is this: how much better than your peers do you need to be to carry every game and carry it so hard you can bring people with you into victory? And is this not a real justification of the term "ELO hell" since then it is proven that you need not be just slightly better than your enemy team, you need to be lots better to get that rise in ELO since you need skills not only for yourself but for others aswell.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:55pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

^So much that.

Talking about inflated egos, one of the most annoying things to me(and that I see in many games) is when players at 1.9-2k are like "1.9/2k low elo hell zzz". Seriously?

heh, it's funny i think. high elo players are so competitive that they think 100-200 elo lower than their normal elo is full of bad players. i think the level of play at 1700 is garbage but it's still like the top 5% or whatever of league players. kinda funny

i will also add to this list people who say "afk" 3-4 times in a game with clearly no intention of afking. so annoying lol

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:04pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

heh, it's funny i think. high elo players are so competitive that they think 100-200 elo lower than their normal elo is full of bad players. i think the level of play at 1700 is garbage but it's still like the top 5% or whatever of league players. kinda funny

i will also add to this list people who say "afk" 3-4 times in a game with clearly no intention of afking. so annoying lol

A mate said that the ELO in NA is different. he said that averagely good players are around 1,6k
and in EU-W it's 1,4k. He said 1600 and lower the players play completly bad.
Do you think its true?
Wickd wrote:
I thought League of legends is a fair game but then a bee came

-Violence against violence:

QUICK KARMA GAMEPLAY GUIDE
FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:12pm | Report
ProAsylum wrote:

A mate said that the ELO in NA is different. he said that averagely good players are around 1,6k
and in EU-W it's 1,4k. He said 1600 and lower the players play completly bad.
Do you think its true?

cant really comment on eu but i feel that on na 1200-1300 are pretty much the same skill level, 1400 is a little better, and 1500-1700 is about the same and it's for the most part pretty ****ty. there is a very big difference in skill between 1700 and 1800, especially in the higher 1800s/1900 when you stop getting matched with 1700 players.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:46pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Solo Queue is all about skill. If you lost, it's because you didn't play well enough.
I can't stress this enough.

Ofc, there are games where you fail and get carried and there are games where you do well and still lose. But luck and bad luck annul each other in solo queue. That's the matchmaking system and that's why bad players are in the 1200 area. They can't carry and are dependant on how their or the enemy team performs. The more elo you have the better you can carry, and if you can carry you are usually a good player.

There's a huge difference in the skill level of 100 elo difference, at least after ~silver rating. As a 1700 player, you are playing better than a 1600 player. As a 1800 player you are playing better than the average 1.7k player and so on. When I play on a friend's smurf at ~1.5k elo it doesn't matter what champ I pick or what runes I have, I will win the game 90% of the time because I can carry and because I can play the game better. In soloq you learn how to carry a team by yourself, you can only rely on yourself in order to win at a consistent rate.

There is not really much more about it.

I know this thread is coming to its end, but this really says it all. SoloQ is rough, but its dependent on your own ability to carry entire games. You can't look at solo Q like you would a full team 5v5. If there is a chance for bads on your team you can bet their on the other team too.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:16pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

I know that many top-elo get there fast, and there are a number of treally good players that can carry their way to the top without any problem. They are just that good. For them, skill way surpasses luck.

But for those other 90-95% where the skill they possess are so little over the skill that is present in the game that luck is a WAY bigger factor.

Exactly, while I was doing my project, for all the ones in that 95% who got into a team with a smurf ( no matter if it was me or someone esle) are those who picked a lucky card.

The other 5% of the LoL gamers, got to the top, because they can (skillwise).
So those who ARE actually good, will be there. For the rest it's all about luck.

But just wait for me to get to my project goal: 1520+, then I'll make a big thread comparing the Elo Climb everyone does with an interesting manwha :3
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:58pm | Report
I thought it was ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, and fifty percent pain...
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 3:02pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

I thought it was ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, and fifty percent pain...

OHHH YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!
Wickd wrote:
I thought League of legends is a fair game but then a bee came

~They faced NOTHING like me~

QUICK KARMA GAMEPLAY GUIDE
FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide