Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Gold managing issues.

Creator: xxjayxx22 February 28, 2013 5:56am
1 2
xxjayxx22
<Member>
xxjayxx22's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 5:56am | Report
i started playing this game about a week ago and cant seem to figure out how the gold system works. do you get gold for every finishing move you make on a minion/champ? is it by chance/luck? can someone help me out here, when i play i seem to always be a level and several upgrades short by the end of the game. can someone give me a few pointers? it will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 6:13am | Report
You get static amount of gold from minions. I can't remember exact numers but something like this: 19 gold from ranged minion, 20 from melee minion, 32 from siege (big) minion.

You also get money from towers destroyed, whole team gains 150.
Also from Dragon, 150 gold for whole team and baron 300 gold for whole team.
You also generate 1 gold per second.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 6:21am | Report
^ Sorta gets close, but is not entirely right with the numbers.

Dragon gives 190 gold (and 25 gold for the killer) and the gold minions give increases the longer the match lasts.

Also I don't think you can gain 1 gold per second, I think it's slightly more (like 12-13 in 10 seconds), but I'm not 100 % sure.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 6:26am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

You get static amount of gold from minions. I can't remember exact numers but something like this: 19 gold from ranged minion, 20 from melee minion, 32 from siege (big) minion.

You also get money from towers destroyed, whole team gains 150.
Also from Dragon, 150 gold for whole team and baron 300 gold for whole team.
You also generate 1 gold per second.

What?

Minion gold scales per minute starting at 20 for melee 15 for ranged and 40 for cannon. Jungle mobs also scale, and passive gold is 16 per 10.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 6:53am | Report
xxjayxx22 wrote:

Do you get gold for every finishing move you make on a minion/champ?

Yes you do. Between 20-40g for a minion.
Between 15g-500g for a champion.

The more kills the defeated champion has in a row, the more gold he is worth.
The more deaths the defeated champion has in a row, the less gold he is worth.
If there is no deathstreak nor killstreak, the enemy is worth 300g in the summoners rift.

The minions are worth more money the later you are in the game.
Same is for jungle monsters

xxjayxx22 wrote:

Is it by chance/luck?

No, it is not.
Everything has it's own system which will try to make sure that you will get the money you deserve from killing a minion, monster, champion kill or assist.

However, sometimes the assist system may bug out, but this is not very often :P

There are some other things you need to keep in mind aswell:
* Dragon grants 190g for the whole team on kill and 25g extra for a last hit on the dragon.
* Baron grants 300g for the whole team on kill and 30g extra for the last hit on the baron.
* You have a passive gold regen (16g / 10seconds) and this can be increased by having bonus gold/10seconds, namely: Kage's lucky pick, philosopher's stone, Avarice Blade, Greed , Shard of True Ice, Greater Quintessence of Gold and Greater Seal of Gold
* You always start with 475g unless you have the Wealth mastery.
* Each time you kill a tower, the whole team gains 150g, the last hit grants no bonus.
* Last hitting the enemy inhibitor/nexus will grant you 50g, but no team gold bonus.
* Each time you want to sell an item you already bought, you will only get around 70% for that item back.

This is pretty much the information you need about gold.
Hope his helped! :D
-Meiyjhe
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
xxjayxx22
<Member>
xxjayxx22's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 6:54am | Report
ok so basically to get a steady flow of gold all one would have to do is be in the fight while also playing smart and not being overrun. that's pretty easy to understand but what about the +g per sec upgrades, are those worth it? i read online that you only start seeing profit at 12-17mins... seems like a long time but considering the games i've been playing last about 25-35mins. what do you guys think?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 7:07am | Report
Gold / 10seconds items are worth it if you are in need of extra gold.

As a support or tank, you might consider these items since you will have no farm as support (no minion kills) or barely farm / kills as a tank.

If you want to carry the game though, you might want to get some other items that will grant other stats. Like attack damage, or ability power, to increase your early game strength.
If you have that early game strength, it will be easier to kill enemies thus will also grant extra gold.

Conclusion:
Only buy gold/10 seconds items if you are lacking farm and kills

Keep in mind though:
The items: Kage's lucky pick and Avarice Blade may also be built in to offensive items like Will of the Ancients or Statikk Shiv.
So these items might also be bought for carries that want to build Will of the Ancients (or any other item) anyway.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
xxjayxx22
<Member>
xxjayxx22's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 10:13am | Report
oh ok i see, and yes Meiyjhe thats one of my main problem is getting enough kills to rank in a fair amount of G. i get confused because as a tank im supposed to be able to take on multiple ppl while my team picks them off ( at least thats how i view the class as being played ) so i end up spending alot of G on defensive items and maybe 1 or 2 offensive items if that.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 10:19am | Report
Even as a tank, you should be farming well during the early game.

Practice your last hitting. Just go onto the custom 1v1 map by yourself (no bots or whatever) and just practice last hitting minions to get the gold. If you really want, you can practice it against someone, but the variables in that are more numerous, making it probably harder.

Tanks don't usually get kills (some exceptions), so other than GP10s, farms a good way to get money. Assists will help too.

Sounds like you should probably pick up Gangplank. You learn to last-hit with him and it is very rewarding in terms of gold to use him.

Try watching pro streams on Twitch and stuff. Or just keep playing and learn through experience - trial and error.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 1:50am | Report
Everytime you make the killing blow to a unit, you get gold. You also regenerate a fixed amount of gold every couple seconds.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide