Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Help with early laning as kog'maw

Creator: PDPGTI September 20, 2011 6:50am
1 2 3
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 6:58pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

AS marginally helps last hitting. With good management last hitting can be done just as well without bonus AS, but if there's two side-by-side last hits it's far easier to grab them if you have a bit of AS. AD will help last-hitting in general, though, because you'll be able to attack creeps with higher health and still get the last hit, and the creep generally won't be left with 1-2 health.

I put my first point in Q when I have a lane disadvantage. Caitlyn is usually the one I'm dealing with when I do with.

During then, I want the AS so that I can get my attack animation off ASAP and back off before taking more harass and turtle as efficiently as possible.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2011 6:40am | Report
@Jun

Ofc it is gonna make a diffrence. But that diffrence is no nearly as big as taking W or E first. IT is just very silly taking it.

Quoted:
And maxing Void Ooze first will strip you of all your mana very very quickly unless you're AP Kog'Maw.

Unless you're building Tear (which is apparently not bad, judging from an IEM game), it's not recommended.

Well ofc it will if you spam it off cooldown all the time -.-.

But if you really think this spell is not worth maxing. I can't really take you serius when it come to kog'maw. I am sorry m8.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2011 9:49am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

@Xenasis:

I'm not insulting you. I'm criticizing your actions because I feel you're making a pattern.

I'll try and put this as bluntly as possible -

Correcting you, or constructively criticizing your post, doesn't mean you need to attack me every time I say you're wrong about something. I'm not 100% the best guy in the game, but you're not either, and you act like you're some sort of god - challenge my argument with your own rather than jumping straight at me with "Posting before thinking again, are we?".
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2011 10:56am | Report
I usually have a pretty strong early game with kog. I always start with boots and 3 pots, with first point into Bio-Arcane Barrage. This gives me great harass since I can kite my opponent with the extra range from my W. This is less effective against AD champs with a lot of range like trist or cait, but it's not usually an issue since the auto attacks while amplified by W do so much damage. Once i've harassed them one or two times, I usually have a significant lane advantage since I can zone them away from their minions with superior range. And since I usually use exhaust/ignite (blablabla no escape mechanism blabla) no one is stupid enough to get close enough to initiate an actual fight. Rushing malady is the best way to go. It makes all of your abilities stronger and will make that bloodrazor you get later stronger too.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2011 2:01pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

I'll try and put this as bluntly as possible -

Correcting you, or constructively criticizing your post, doesn't mean you need to attack me every time I say you're wrong about something. I'm not 100% the best guy in the game, but you're not either, and you act like you're some sort of god - challenge my argument with your own rather than jumping straight at me with "Posting before thinking again, are we?".

I'm with ya.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide