Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hotshot Rants About The Community and the...

Creator: Jebus McAzn November 8, 2011 7:23pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 1:09am | Report
I thought people always built their supports to be tankier so they didn't die after purchasing oracles. The majority of the top support guides on all of these guides sites even have tank items / health items written in as core.

I guess too many saw the whole gp5 thing and took it too literally to mean those were the ONLY items they needed to buy.

Personally, I don't even purchase any gp5 on Janna...
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 1:43am | Report
astrolia wrote:

I thought people always built their supports to be tankier so they didn't die after purchasing oracles. The majority of the top support guides on all of these guides sites even have tank items / health items written in as core.

I guess too many saw the whole gp5 thing and took it too literally to mean those were the ONLY items they needed to buy.

Personally, I don't even purchase any gp5 on Janna...

This site doesn't have the optimal guides lul. If you want a look at the top support guides, go on SoloMid.

GP5 is one of the most important things on supports because they need the gold. It's ALWAYS core. Unless you're taking CS though, which is wrong.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 3:45am | Report
Khazem wrote:
Wouldn't something like that be way more suited for a jungler, who's basically constantly running around the map anyways?

I've bought Oracle's Elixir on junglers quite a few times and I can honestly recommend it. If you're ganking and it's warded, you don't waste time, you simply kill the ward, retreat and return a few minutes later. Spots like Dragon and Baron are also nice to check every now and then, though I sometimes simply get a Vision Ward for those.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 3:51am | Report
Quoted:

This site doesn't have the optimal guides lul. If you want a look at the top support guides, go on SoloMid.

GP5 is one of the most important things on supports because they need the gold. It's ALWAYS core. Unless you're taking CS though, which is wrong.

Yes I'm aware. The #2 Sona guide on this site says "Build Archangel's Staff so you can have EPIC xDDD mana and do EPIC xDDD damage!!! xDDD" and has Rabadon's Deathcap in the item build.

As for gold5, it's somewhat overrated unless you can buy it very early so it has a chance of paying itself off in an average length game. Not to mention Heart of Gold and Kage's Lucky Pick are actually "gold inefficient" so you're also paying additional gold to make it generate gold. The exception is Philosopher's Stone because of Shurelya's Battlesong and the fact that it's gold efficient too.

I build no gold5 on Janna and rush an Aegis purely off of gold quints. 1625 for a Philo + HoG or save up 300 gold more for an Aegis? I'll take the Aegis.

Tournament level players build like all 3 gold items because they expect very long games.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 4:16am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I've bought Oracle's Elixir on junglers quite a few times and I can honestly recommend it. If you're ganking and it's warded, you don't waste time, you simply kill the ward, retreat and return a few minutes later. Spots like Dragon and Baron are also nice to check every now and then, though I sometimes simply get a Vision Ward for those.

Especially in this meta where junglers (except for Yi, Trynda and Noc) tend to be quite tanky! They can survive more, and therefore they need not spend as much on many oracles"
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 4:36am | Report
The community is too busy trying to be the most awesome person ever and wanting to be 'pro' that they are too focused on winning and sticking to the meta.
I mean my group of friends who I used to troll with etc. aren't even willing to mess about anymore. They don't want to deviate from the meta at all. Its like COME ON. Lighten up. Its annoying as hell. Just a piss take.

Things like double jungling, late game teleport revive teams, wriggles stacking, push teams, full support/support + 1 super carry teams are all good ideas just no-one does anything about them. Too stuck following things.

For example the support + AD carry bottom meta is soo easily broken. There are a bunch of combos that beat it but people are unwilling to change.

HotShot said this community bandwagons too quickly and that is my major annoyance with this community too. I actually stopped playing supports because I was expected to sit in the bush all day and be dull and boring.
The latest meta is just making the game suck.
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 5:23am | Report

The community is too busy trying to be the most awesome person ever and wanting to be 'pro' that they are too focused on winning and sticking to the meta.
I mean my group of friends who I used to troll with etc. aren't even willing to mess about anymore. They don't want to deviate from the meta at all. Its like COME ON. Lighten up. Its annoying as hell. Just a piss take.

Things like double jungling, late game teleport revive teams, wriggles stacking, push teams, full support/support + 1 super carry teams are all good ideas just no-one does anything about them. Too stuck following things.

For example the support + AD carry bottom meta is soo easily broken. There are a bunch of combos that beat it but people are unwilling to change.

HotShot said this community bandwagons too quickly and that is my major annoyance with this community too. I actually stopped playing supports because I was expected to sit in the bush all day and be dull and boring.
The latest meta is just making the game suck.

This is why Riot wants to get rid of supports. They HATE the idea of babysitting. It makes the game generally stale, throwing people to a passive state when playing. I know when I'm bot against a baby sitter I just last-hit minions and hit the occasional Volley or Piltover Peacemaker, because I know trading blows will take a turn for the worst. It's a very dry way to play, and it gets boring fast.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 7:36am | Report
Hmm, Warmog's Armor on a support? viable?(Duff)

BTW: Pure tanks are after that thing the best supports, like Shen, Rammus, etc...

BTW: Heart of Gold builds into Randuin's Omen, a great item for supports.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 9:01am | Report
Warmogs is too expensive for a support imo. Plus if you bought some combination of Aegis, Soul Shroud and Shurelya's you'd be getting almost as much health and health regen with the addition of many other valuable stats and auras.

Not to mention the fact that the Warmogs passive runs directly contrary to the role of support in the current meta.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2011 10:26am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

@Mooninites, shut up.

I don't care whether you agree with Duff or whether you like him or not, when you come into a thread hurling insults at him for no real reason you're the one that sounds like a prick.

for no real reason.....

do you take the time to think about what you post or do you just like to look ******ed on public forums
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide