Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hotshot Rants About The Community and the...

Creator: Jebus McAzn November 8, 2011 7:23pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 1:54pm | Report
^ Doesn't get it, probleh hasn't seen all the threads :P

Also Searz I don't have the links :P I wasn't even aware of this until my buddy told me. ^__^
KyleeRayne
<Member>
KyleeRayne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:00pm | Report
I was just stating my opinion based on what I have so far read, sorry if I misunderstood the situation. :O

After reading more of the fluff:

I do have to agree that maxing Silver Bolts first on Vayne works quite well in my experience, but I'm not that great with her so my opinion probably doesn't count.

/shrug

I personally think Olaf has always been pretty good....but, again, I don't play him very often or very well, so my opinion isn't worth much.

Didn't mean to get into the middle of something I didn't perceive correctly, just wanted to state my opinion. :/
I made the Leona Sig all by myself :D

Thanks to Alexanpt for the Dr. Horrible Sig, to TheNamelessBard for the Ori and Kayle ones, to jhoijhoi for the Irelia one, and to JEFFY40HANDS for the Shen one!!!!!!
Drink cactus juice. It'll quench ya! Nothing's quenchier. It's the quenchiest!!!!!!!!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:01pm | Report
Reading this thread, i'm taken back to when Duff first came to the site and released his offtanks guide.

I seem to remember Mooninites deliberately attacking Duff at that time (not to mention everyone who agreed with Duff) and since then, every post i've seen from Mooninites has been him attacking Duff.

Anyways. Enough with talking about him.

@Searz

Duff lays out plenty of good reasoning. Read it. Sometimes it's not very clear, but it's good.

Also, why agree with someone just because their argument makes sense?

Pouring water on someone who is on fire makes tons of sense, but it's quite possible to make the fire worse by doing that.

Also i'm petitioning you to put /sarcasm at the bottom of any sarcastic posts you make cause it is pretty hard to tell :P (jkjk)

2 cents for free~

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:30pm | Report
KyleeRayne wrote:

I was just stating my opinion based on what I have so far read, sorry if I misunderstood the situation. :O

It's okay. This is an ongoing compilation of debates which have spanned over 30-40 pages of various threads.

It goes like this.

I offer suggestion or state point, other offer counter points, I explain why my points still stand true, and then 5 people all disagree with me at once and I defend my points for ten pages :P

And in some instances the people debating the topics with me get annoyed and some of them take it personally and then the thread turns into something it was never intended to be.

I'm personally fine with all of that, I'll argue my points for a hundred pages. A thousand pages. It's really something I'm comfy with.

Anyway, I'm not upset, you're invited to the debate if you'd like, just informing ya how this has been going ^_^

Night, your memory serves you well.

Mooninites came to a guide about Offtanks, and told me my build was wrong, and that it should include "Trinity force, Spirit Visage, followed by an Infinity Edge" :P

He clearly never read the guide at all, didn't care to understand the concept, never bothered to consider that maybe you won't be very tanky after spending 8k gold on two massive damage items...

That seemed irrelevant to him. He wanted to be sure that everyone knew my build was incorrect.

Oh he did agree with the philo stone :3

TL;DR, who is this guy who is so aggressively talking down the build here and telling me to rush 8k of damage on a tanky champion guide o_O *Forever earned a new hater*
KyleeRayne
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:39pm | Report
I'm glad :)

it would be a really bad idea to piss off two people who have been on here a lot longer than me...xD

I just don't like to see people bringing in personal gripes when it seems they both know what they're talking about outside of calling each other names and such.

As for comments about tanky DPS champions:

I think tanky DPS's should generally have a Warmog's, an Atma's, and a Guardian Angel...but that may just be me. There's nothing wrong with getting damage items PROVIDED you are already tanky enough to be able to get them without feeding or the enemy team is terrible enough for you to build whatever you want.

The only champion I play as a tanky DPS is Sivir (I don't play Olaf, Wukong, or Irelia very much, I'm not very good with them), so my opinion isn't based on much more than my person experiences with playing tanky DPS Sivir xD

Thanks to Alexanpt for the Dr. Horrible Sig, to TheNamelessBard for the Ori and Kayle ones, to jhoijhoi for the Irelia one, and to JEFFY40HANDS for the Shen one!!!!!!
Drink cactus juice. It'll quench ya! Nothing's quenchier. It's the quenchiest!!!!!!!!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:45pm | Report
They are all unique but Atmogg's is a little it OP due to the cost effectiveness of the items and their synergy ^_^
KyleeRayne
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:49pm | Report
I just think GA gives you good defensive stats for the cash, y'know?

seems like a good call for an item to build with...Atmogg's, you called it? xD

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:52pm | Report
GA too yes.

One of the best defensive combos for the lowest prices is Warmogg's and GA.

Bang, economy tank.
KyleeRayne
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 2:57pm | Report
I meant GA with atmogg's to give you more defensive stats....then you can build damage-ish items and still be able to shrug off quite a bit of damage.

GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 3:01pm | Report
That is generally what off-tank/Tanky DPS's do :o

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide