Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How exactly is Cassiopeia fail?

Creator: STRYKER29 April 10, 2011 1:30am
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 7:22am | Report
Well Satan, If your elo is really 1600, EU players must not be as good as US because Cass is not very strong atm, I didn't want to make it sound offensive but that was the only way I could say it. Her main source of damage is counting on bad players standing in circle that are easily avoidable. She needs some major rework.
Gravefury
<Member>
Gravefury's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 8:17am | Report
vlad would rape her. especially mid game a few shots is all he needs. and cassiopeia can't touch vlad in his pool you decide. that are much better picks than cassiopeia
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 8:26am | Report
The thing is, her twin fang is extremely unreliable. Any amount of damage coming from it relies on her landing one of her two poisons, and then you have to be close range consistently to spam the ability. Even then, the poison is only brief and your twin fang burst will be short-lived. Being such a squishy caster doesn't allow her to be such close range for such an extended period of time.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 8:50am | Report
She is going to get buffed and be overpowered. Wait and see. :p

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 9:04am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Well Satan, If your elo is really 1600, EU players must not be as good as US because Cass is not very strong atm, I didn't want to make it sound offensive but that was the only way I could say it. Her main source of damage is counting on bad players standing in circle that are easily avoidable. She needs some major rework.

He's not at 1600elo. Simple as that. If he hasn't discovered how bad Cass is then he can't be above 1400elo..
I mean, seriously.. She has way too many problems to be even remotely viable.

I think EU is pretty equal to US in terms of skill. There are more professional players in US tho, I think.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 9:13am | Report
She probably needs buff (bigger percentages or to shorten her delay on Miasma and Q skill)
She's bad because she needs a lot of hardwork for low reward, take for example Annie, she does her combo: Tibbers+Incerniate+W and maybe ignite and she got kill. Now look at Cass, she needs to spam poison (few times), hit with at least 2 Twin Fangs and ult in middle of that to get kill + she doesn't have so reliable stun and spells are much slower.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 9:16am | Report
Q takes long as hell to hit someone with, DoT doesn't last long enough for E to do major damage at all. W is one of those skills that you'll get owned by if you're bad. And again, DoT doesn't last that long. She's pretty bad. Really bad.

Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 9:21am | Report
She needs Ryalis so badly. A whole new champion once she gets this item. Our ulitmate needs a rework, this is for sure.

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 9:53am | Report
DOT lasts 2 seconds if you hit them with it once. That's 5 shots with your E, 4 more likely considering cast times. So that's 1k-1.2k damage right off the bat.
If you're any good and can actually LEAD with your Q/W then even better.

@Xaioli, EU metagame is far more passive/defensive, so Cassio fits right in.

There's no such thing as bad champions, only bad players.
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 10:45am | Report

one, isnt twin fang on a 0.5 sec cd when they are poisoned
two, most people move outta ur W quickly as its small, and i dont believe that goes for 5seconds?
same goes for the q
and if they did, are you taking latency into acct?
most probably not
she honestly needs a redesign, Q is horrible at placing unless the other team is bunched up
W is the same
and your E, if you use it on the wrong target/ you forget about the time on your dots, youve lost all your nuke
and besides having a horribad ulti, it requires you to be very close, which mages arent meant to be in most cases

To answer your first statement/question, yes it is on a .5 sec cooldown if the target is poisoned, but with cooldown reduction it can easily be less. I think that's what he was getting at by saying .4 sec.

As for the second statement, yes it's extremely easy to get out of her W. But honestly, why should you even care about getting out of it? The damage is so insignificant that by staying you would hardly notice any change.

As for aiming your Q, I don't see any difficulty with it whatsoever. It is basically just like one of Urgot's abilities. It procs wherever your cursor is at the moment you cast. It a skillshot. Judging from your words, you are no good at skillshots. I never missed when casting it in the one game I played with her.

As for using your E on the wrong target, well that's just your own fault. I don't see how that makes Cass a bad champ. It just makes you a bad aim. While I agree that it does disrupt your ability to continue nuking, it's no reason to say that she is a bad champ.

As for her ult, I agree that the range and damage output could definitely use an increase. However, I don't see how it's all that bad. I think that if they only increased the damage and didn't mess with the range, it would still increase her viability tenfold.

Again, I am not saying she's a great champ. I agree that she has her problems. However, I don't think it's right for so many to call her a horrible champ just because they do not know how to play her correctly. I'm not saying I know how to play her, because I don't. But I can see a lot of potential in her should the right items be bought and she be played correctly. I don't think she is designed to be an in your face caster like Annie or Ryze, but rather a behind the scenes harasser who can then nuke the **** out of someone if they stick around too long.
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide