Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

How exactly is Cassiopeia fail?

Creator: STRYKER29 April 10, 2011 1:30am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 10:47am | Report
W and R NEEDS changes.
/thread.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 10:50am | Report
STRYKER29 wrote:

To answer your first statement/question, yes it is on a .5 sec cooldown if the target is poisoned, but with cooldown reduction it can easily be less. I think that's what he was getting at by saying .4 sec.

As for the second statement, yes it's extremely easy to get out of her W. But honestly, why should you even care about getting out of it? The damage is so insignificant that by staying you would hardly notice any change.

As for aiming your Q, I don't see any difficulty with it whatsoever. It is basically just like one of Urgot's abilities. It procs wherever your cursor is at the moment you cast. It a skillshot. Judging from your words, you are no good at skillshots. I never missed when casting it in the one game I played with her.

As for using your E on the wrong target, well that's just your own fault. I don't see how that makes Cass a bad champ. It just makes you a bad aim. While I agree that it does disrupt your ability to continue nuking, it's no reason to say that she is a bad champ.

As for her ult, I agree that the range and damage output could definitely use an increase. However, I don't see how it's all that bad. I think that if they only increased the damage and didn't mess with the range, it would still increase her viability tenfold.

Again, I am not saying she's a great champ. I agree that she has her problems. However, I don't think it's right for so many to call her a horrible champ just because they do not know how to play her correctly. I'm not saying I know how to play her, because I don't. But I can see a lot of potential in her should the right items be bought and she be played correctly. I don't think she is designed to be an in your face caster like Annie or Ryze, but rather a behind the scenes harasser who can then nuke the **** out of someone if they stick around too long.

Damn, you just said exactly what I meant in an understandable way :D
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 10:52am | Report
Her ult has horrible range, i'll give it that. I too don't get the whole huge deal saying she's UP...granted I will say she's a worse Karthus. I haven't played her and don't really plan to, but she'll find a niche somewhere along the line.

Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:21pm | Report
She's barely UP, I've been doing well with her recently. Recently (On my level 30 game :D) I had a full bot team against a bot team with two players, ELO of low 1400 and low 1300. Raped somme face that game, and eventually they surrendered with 2/2 votes lol.

They were Nidalee and Jungle Warwick. Nid took top cause it had no bots, so did I. (Although I had a ******ed Annie bot)

And a few days before that, I got on a 7 win streak with her before switching to Olaf. Her Q when built right does over 800 damage MID GAME. On a 2.8 second cooldown. Oh, then there's E that does somewhere around 550 on a 0.35 to 0.4 second cooldown.

Her ult and W are kind of useless though.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:25pm | Report
1. You need to know how to smartcast to do well for Cassiopeia.
2. She's mostly skill-shot based.
3. Her Ultimate is a tiny *** AoE that can't stun runners.

She's much more difficult to play for less rewardining scores and outcomes.
Anivia, who was designed by the same champion designer, is a better pick.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:49pm | Report
By far the weakest of all casters... Need an ult remakde badly!
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:49pm | Report
Anivia is better, I'll agree there.

She's hilarious on TT with her infinite ult exploit. (Same with Rammus' Taunt)

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 1:09pm | Report
@Jun, you don't use smartcast? Why not?
And so what about skillshots. Skillshots are easy, just learn to lead a little bit.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 1:56pm | Report
She requires more APM than any other champ in the game, outside of maybe karthus. The average APM for a community like LoL is around 90-100. My friend who has been trying her out quite a bit lately runs at about 170 APM, and even HE thinks cass is difficult to micro with. The brutal truth is that she is very good, but her APM requirement is just way too high for the time of casual gamer that typically will play league.

P.S. APM = Actions Per Minute
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 1:59pm | Report
Quoted:

She requires more APM than any other champ in the game, outside of maybe karthus. The average APM for a community like LoL is around 90-100. My friend who has been trying her out quite a bit lately runs at about 170 APM, and even HE thinks cass is difficult to micro with. The brutal truth is that she is very good, but her APM requirement is just way too high for the time of casual gamer that typically will play league.

P.S. APM = Actions Per Minute

This.

Someone who doesn't shoot her down for no legitimate reason. Yaaay.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide