Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How exactly is Cassiopeia fail?

Creator: STRYKER29 April 10, 2011 1:30am
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Just thought I would post results of my first and only real game with Cassio. Obviously, this is on my smurf and it's a fairly low level. Regardless tho, Cassio shouldn't have to be carrying a game like this. I was very happy with how I did. I died more than I would have liked but that's only because my team looked like blind fools in team fights. I was focused first nearly every team fight and their team was raging about me (I didn't think I was doing good enough for them to rage but whatever). My point is this, Cassio is a very viable champ in the right hands. As I said, this is my very first real game with her (only played one other match with her against bots). If it is possible for me to get this good of a score with a champ the first time I play a match with her, then I don't see how she isn't viable. I agree that her W and R are straight up fail. I'm not denying that. But with her Q and E you should be dominating people.

Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:27pm | Report
I appreciate you sharing a screenshot of a Cass game on your smurf, but tbh, I would not consider a level 18 game as serious. >_>

STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:30pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

I appreciate you sharing a screenshot of a Cass game on your smurf, but tbh, I would not consider a level 18 game as serious. >_>

As I said in the paragraph above the screenshot, it is a low level account. However, the fact remains that I did very good with her in a live game situation with no previous real game experience with her. There's no reason to be getting smart with me Xai! haha
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:32pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

This. I could go AD Soraka and still destroy in a smurf account.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:37pm | Report
I read all you wrote, and I don't question your skill in this game, but level 18 game is a lot more different than a level 30 game. I'm glad you tried our Cass on your smurf, but remember when I spoke about Cass and skill on the page before? Well I firmly believe that level 30 players are better than level 18 players :P.

Perhaps you could have done better or worse, depending on your team eh? Cass to me is a very team reliant champ, and I believe that a real test of her should be in a level 30 game at least :]. But again, I strongly agree she needs some work.

Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Lets say you have 150 AP earlygame and 500 AP, midgame. Then 800 AP lategame. This still assumes your spells are level 5. The way I've built Cass and had success actually does get around 800 AP, due to her having around 2000 natural hp. She ends up with 10% CDR, around 850 AP, and 2700 HP, as well as 15% MPen and 12 Mpen I won't take this into account though, just saying it's possible :p

Cass' Q does 235 +0.9 AP. 3 second cooldown and 850 range.

Veigar's Q does 260 + 0.6 AP (Less than Cass) 4 second cooldown (worse) 650 range. (worse)

So..

Cass' DPS on Q is 123 earlygame
228 midgame
318 lategame

Veigar's DPS on Q is 87.5 at earlygame
140 at midgame
185 at lategame.

Overall, Cass' is better, due to being AoE. However, it's DoT, which is both good and bad. It's incredible early game though. Her E is still the main spell.

Cass has a nearly useless W and Veigar's E does no damage, although is much more useful, I'll compare Cass' E and Veigar's W.

Cass' E does 200 +0.55 AP damage with a 0.5 second cooldown with 700 range.

Early game this is 283 dps.
Mid game this is 475 dps.
Late game this is 640 dps.

I actually initiate with the ult simply to keep them in place for two seconds. After those two seconds are up, they're dead.

Veigar's W does 320 + 1 AP (better) with a 10 second cooldown (Worse) and 900 range. (better)

Early game: 47 dps
Mid: 82 dps
Late: 112 dps

Can't even compare their ults. In fact, this whole post is made for the guy who compared Veigar and Cass. My point is that you CAN'T compare them. They are completely different. Veigar is probably better all around, and has a scarier nuke, but Cass does insane damage over periods of time.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 8:27pm | Report
Xaioli, I'm gonna say that you win. I think we are arguing the same points in a roundabout way. We both agree that she needs some massive reworking. Earlier in the LoL Mobafire chat, Trojan asked me to name a worse champ than Cass. I couldn't. I see why she gets the bad name and such. I was just trying to argue that while she does have massive problems, she is still very viable when played right. I more than likely never will play her on my level 30 account to try her out. I honestly have no desire to do so, she's not my type of champ. Should she ever get reworked, then maybe. But until then all I have to say is....did y'all see that fail Cass last game???

SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 5:47am | Report
@Xaioli, what I don't get is why you don't position Miasma so they have to stay in it, atleast temporarily.
it's not always possible, but you should atleast position it so they're partially blocked into it by minions, and at worst lead it a little.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 6:14am | Report
My main point is that in a teamfight against a decent team, I guarantee you that the best you'll get from it is a second worth of circle standing and yet, you still won't get the full enemy team. Current metagame is heavy nuke to win. I feel that with Cass, she can do good sustained damage if she goes unchecked however, that's very uncommon of teams to just let casters like Cass just Cass. Another point is that good teams won't stand in circles for long. Especially clumped since they're playing Cass. So the enemy team isn't going to stack. So in the end, all you poisoned was the tank, and just wait until the anticarries come Rollin' along.

Again, she does deal damage that can make people pay if she goes unchecked, but against decent teams, she won't do so well. Hope that clarified my opinion ^_^.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 6:54am | Report
its not that casseopia is BAD

its just that for all the effort and time you have to put into working to play her, you get the same effect and even more from just picking up a champion like annie
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide