Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

HUD Update Thoughts?

Creator: Elusive Ferret June 3, 2015 1:04pm
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2015 5:35pm | Report

You make us watch a video of people playing a non-LoL game just to tell us that you don't like the new HUD because of the bug that doesn't let you move items around in the shop? Why didn't you just type that?
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2015 5:39pm | Report
The new HUD works just fine for me, it is a bit big though. I have to drop it all the way to 0 to make it good. I lave the map alone though.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 2:09pm | Report
aesthetically it looks like complete ****. It's even worse when you have to consider that all of the information has been made smaller and barely readable. Before it was very easy to determine how much AP, Armor, etc you had; now it's borderline impossible and the player unit frames are way too small and off the the side.

The entire HUD overhall just made gathering information quickly and easily much much more difficult, which I don't think can be labeled any other way than a failure
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 2:12pm | Report
It is very easy to determine your stats for me, and i really like the icons labeled to them. Everyone who hates the new HUD is just lazy to adapt to something new but better, similar to the people that flamed the new Summoners Rift.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 2:25pm | Report
Well, I don't recall many people having massive issues with the HUD (If they did, most people still agreed on "Fix the champions, not stupid **** like this."), so this is more of a "why did they "fix" something that wasn't broken" deal?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 2:28pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
It is very easy to determine your stats for me, and i really like the icons labeled to them. Everyone who hates the new HUD is just lazy to adapt to something new but better, similar to the people that flamed the new Summoners Rift.

Not really. I hated the new HUD as soon as it was out, but I realized from playing a ranked game earlier that I'm not used to the old one anymore and I find it annoying to play with it; however I still think the new HUD is ****, it's really hard to figure out what stats I have, I can't easily compare my movement speed to the enemy's movement speed to quickly check if it's worth chasing anymore, and I feel like I have to look all over the place to compare information, for example, having to look at the bottom of the screen to check my CS, then the top of my screen to check what time it is to see if I'm doing well or not. It takes me ages to check people's summoner names in-game, and when someone is dead and I press tab, it takes me ages to find where they are oon the tab screen because their portrait is greyed out and their face is being blocked by their death timer. If their entire team is dead it takes me ages to figure out which is the champion I'm looking for.

I'm used to the new HUD, but it still sucks ****ing balls. The fact that I'm getting used to it doesn't change that.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 2:33pm | Report
For me, it is very easy to determine which are which stats, pobably because i played on the HUD since PBE release already and I know every positions and icons. The only place you have to look if you do well is the bottom left side (will soon be changed to top side which sucks...) Summoner names do not matter at all in this game anyway, they are a distraction if you want to flame people. Sure, if you want to flame, it got a bit harder. And for not knowing which champ is where, simply sort them pre the game in the order of top/jungle/mid/ADC/SUP and you easily know it.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 2:38pm | Report
To be fair, you kind of like everything that everyone hates, most of the time.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 3:35pm | Report
I miss the shop button being on the left. I always move my mouse there to shop and it doesn't exist in that spot anymore :(
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 3:37pm | Report
It's in the middle now. >.>
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide