Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

HUD Update Thoughts?

Creator: Elusive Ferret June 3, 2015 1:04pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:04pm | Report
Riot just posted the HUD Update that will be heading into PBE for testing/feedback.

Personally I think it might be a little too crammed but it looks really nice. It will probably take some time to get used to with everything being located at the bottom/bottom right now.

What are everyone’s thoughts/opinions on the new display?

I can't take back the words I never said
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:15pm | Report
I was a little annoyed at first that they're changing it so drastically but after looking at the changes it actually looks really great. I'm excited!
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:20pm | Report
It looks nice but it doesn't look practical to me and I think it'll take quite a while for me to get used to it. I think they should've at least kept your CS and score at the top tbh.

by jhoijhoi
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:24pm | Report
The changes actually seem very practical to me. Its nice to have everything closer together instead of having everything spread out (especially for the score).
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:30pm | Report
It feels like they just tried to put as much stuff into as little place as possible, and I don't like it.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:32pm | Report
I love it, only because MissMaw hates it.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 1:37pm | Report
I like how they are trimming down on it, looks like it will take some getting used to but definitely a step in the right direction.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 2:01pm | Report
I like it. More field of vision is always good. Current HUD is a bit scatered around whole screen and they are compressing it all in bottom side of the screen.

I consider top side of HUD more important than bottom side, whenever you center the camera on your champion, it always centers below the center of the screen, leaving the lowest side of the screen to HUD. That leaves other 60% or so of screen to your vision. Every pixel of that side is valuable, that makes this change really good.
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 2:05pm | Report
I really dislike it both visually and practically. Not only am I now going to get distracted by the score being right above the minimap, but I'm also going to have to put my face up to the monitor to see the icons of the champions who are on my team, aswell as their level and whether or not they have their ultimate without pressing tab.

Also, all these opacity effects (stats, grey icons e.g.) are going to be really annoying to deal with just because this new HUD does look awesome with its bright new colors but then out of nowhere, you don't have an ability off cooldown and there's that one section which looks depressing and dull. Colors can really distract you in a game, I know it sounds stupid...

Also gg new stream overlays gotta be made for pretty much every single mainstream LoL streamer. :P
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 2:18pm | Report
If I can scale that middle bar down a whole lot I'll love them forever and ever until they nerf Blitz again. The new portrait position looks very nice for Stand United.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide