Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I Really Think ELO Hell Exists

Creator: EVILISLEMONS March 13, 2012 8:12am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:42am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Win with your brain and your fingers.. :p

What if you don't have fingers?

You'll just have to have twice as much brain then won't you?
Tri lane for life.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:43am | Report
Ok what if you start ranked fresh level 30 at the end of season 1 and manage to drop to 699 for season 1 stats. Season 2 comes out, and you get an elo reset to 1090. However you still suck horribly, but don't want to accept it and drop down to 900 elo in season 2 before finally accepting that you suck and actually start improving since you realize this. You now climb to 1250 or so, but your 500 games into season 2. Is there a possibility that maybe your underrated?

At this point you gain/lose 10-12 elo per game, but in the post screen you see that your playing with people who are absolutely fresh to ranked/serious play and have 3 wins.

^^This is my solo que story. You CAN get underrated if you start ranked prematurely and your pretty much stuck carrying fresh level 30's until you can get to 1350+.

When I duo with friends that are like 1350-1600 I am just as much as a contribution to the team as anyone else, and it's almost always a very very fun game. I don't win every game, but the loses aren't over as much straight ******edness, and a lot easier to accept.

There is an elo hell, but it's not a particular rating that makes it. It's a result of several different factors.

Even if I win 10 games in a row, I only get 100 elo or a 1350 from 1250 rating. If I was fresh into the elo bracket, 10 games in a row would place me somewhere around 1500-1600 from 1200.

All I can do at this point is try to improve as much as possible, and wait for season 3 to come around to have a fair shot at getting placed like people who were smart enough to wait until they actually were a decent player before starting ranked.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:47am | Report
Many pro players have shown that even at 0 elo, they get back to 2000 in a relatively small number of games.

If you are at an incorrect rating, you will drop/soar to your proper rating fairly quickly.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:50am | Report
The whole reason for the myth is that nobody wants to admit they will never be a pro. Everyone thinks that in reality they belong at 2000 Elo and other people are dragging them down when the actuality is that they just aren't particularly good and the reason they can't climb is because they belong where they are unless they can improve.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:51am | Report
omagma wrote:

I am at 1245 Elo at the moment. i have about 70-80 games played in ranked.

Half of these are from when i started doing ranked.... and let me tell you, i have changed so much.

I lost so many games that i ended at 800 ELO after 30-40 games. But i have now managed to pull my *** from 800 to 1245, and i insist on going for the big numbers!

My point is, maybe a 100 games is not enough to determine if you belong in low ELO, Maybe more like 200.

Yes 100 isn't enough, 200 isn't necessarily enough either. Once you start hitting bigger numbers like 300-400 you'll start to see "True Elo" emerge slowly.

ALSO, like you said, you're changing, you're improving, so you will never obtain absolute Elo because that is a number forever changing as the player improves.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:56am | Report
Or slowly. It becomes slower progress the closer you get, I might add.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Many pro players have shown that even at 0 elo, they get back to 2000 in a relatively small number of games.

If you are at an incorrect rating, you will drop/soar to your proper rating fairly quickly.

You have to consider though I'm 500 games into season 2. Also I never claimed to be a 2k player. On the contrary I have massive room for improvement. All I'm saying is it is possible to get underrated and create your own elo hell.

Maserato
<Member>
Maserato's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 8:03pm | Report
I'm going to 0 Elo based on the decay system by the time summer comes around and I plan on getting 1400+ If I don't I won't deserve it end o story
M5 too strong? better nerf irelia
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 8:06pm | Report
Your Elo stops decaying at 1200 actually.

I think Saintvicious proved there was no Elo Hell back in season 1 when someone reset his Elo down to zero. He just came back up with like a 100 win streak or something.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 8:42pm | Report
Maphis wrote:

ELO hell is just an excuse people have for being bad at the game; simple as that. I climbed to 1600, dropped to 1200 some time ago and now I'm back at 1400. I didn't climb to 1600 because I got carried and neither did I get trolled to 1200 or received bad teammates in any way; it was all my own fault. Playing solo queue ranked in LoL isn't just about being good at the game there are a lot of factors that contribute. Actually leading your team/making good calls, communicating properly, preventing teammates from raging at each other are quality's that I see as just as important on low ELO as good play.

I'm not going to write an entire article on the mentality and tactics you need to have to succeed in solo queue ranked; this has already been done before and better. I'm just going to say that if you are stuck at a certain ELO it is because of your own ineptitude to get better at the game and until you accept this and find a way to improve you will be stuck forever.

And tell me how 1200 is ELO hell? That's practically the starting point for all newcomers to ranked. That's not ELO hell.

And ******* it's like none of you guys read my post thoroughly. You guys say "oh, dominate your lane harder. Oh, you aren't doing good. Oh, you're doing something wrong". ****, if I'm doing something entirely ****ing wrong, why the hell was I able to win a bunch of ranked matches on my friend's account who is at 1400 ELO? Look at it logically please and tell me there's some key factor I'm missing because I don't see it.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide