Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I Really Think ELO Hell Exists

Creator: EVILISLEMONS March 13, 2012 8:12am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 1:26am | Report
the only fact you should take when losing is:

1. You lost 5v5 even though you dominate your lane? - dominate harder
2. You lost 4v5 well.. you can't do to much but if you dominated your lane hard enough you could still win
3. You lost 3v5 ... freaking hell yeah I love games like that and no you'll not get away from that at least not till now( 1520+)
most likely you are pretty damn doomed and unlucky as **** - like me. Play on or just get a ranked team so you dun have to play with trolls all the time

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 2:18am | Report
koksei wrote:

the only fact you should take when losing is:

1. You lost 5v5 even though you dominate your lane? - dominate harder
2. You lost 4v5 well.. you can't do to much but if you dominated your lane hard enough you could still win
3. You lost 3v5 ... freaking hell yeah I love games like that and no you'll not get away from that at least not till now( 1520+)
most likely you are pretty damn doomed and unlucky as **** - like me. Play on or just get a ranked team so you dun have to play with trolls all the time

Implying there aren't trolls in ranked teams.
*evil grin*
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 2:20am | Report
well yeah.. that's why you should join whether - a team to troll or a "serious" team .. I mean you could go for troll normals and still play serious ranked's you could even troll in ranked if errybody is okay with that :P

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 3:09am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Elo hell does not exist.

"Good" players at 1000 elo do not exist.

If you are "stuck" at a rating, it's because you belong there.

I agree, if you can't climb the ladder you probably belong in "elo hell".
trufast
<Member>
trufast's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 6:29am | Report
Lets assign people a number from 1 to 10 based on skill. At 1000 elo, lets say the avarage player is a 3. So in an average 1000 elo game, each side is about 15. Now you add your superskilled eloclimbing summoner with a skill of 7! suddenly you team is a 20! yay! 15 vs 20, and and that means you should be able to win 66.7% of the time and rise in elo. If you have a 50% winrate over an extended period of time, probability says you are in the right elo.

As a sidenote, I could maybe agree that ELO hell exists as a place where low ELO players reside, and it is alot harder even with skills to win games if you constantly have to adapt to wrong comps, bad builds and unreliable teammates. Teams with more skills are much easier to play with since you can be pretty sure they basically follow the guides to play a proper (and fairly predictable) game, and then be able to take risks, make decisions and depend on your jungler in lane and teammates in teamfights.
Maphis
<Member>
Maphis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 6:30am | Report
ELO hell is just an excuse people have for being bad at the game; simple as that. I climbed to 1600, dropped to 1200 some time ago and now I'm back at 1400. I didn't climb to 1600 because I got carried and neither did I get trolled to 1200 or received bad teammates in any way; it was all my own fault. Playing solo queue ranked in LoL isn't just about being good at the game there are a lot of factors that contribute. Actually leading your team/making good calls, communicating properly, preventing teammates from raging at each other are quality's that I see as just as important on low ELO as good play.

I'm not going to write an entire article on the mentality and tactics you need to have to succeed in solo queue ranked; this has already been done before and better. I'm just going to say that if you are stuck at a certain ELO it is because of your own ineptitude to get better at the game and until you accept this and find a way to improve you will be stuck forever.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 6:37am | Report
Maphis wrote:

ELO hell is just an excuse people have for being bad at the game; simple as that. I climbed to 1600, dropped to 1200 some time ago and now I'm back at 1400. I didn't climb to 1600 because I got carried and neither did I get trolled to 1200 or received bad teammates in any way; it was all my own fault. Playing solo queue ranked in LoL isn't just about being good at the game there are a lot of factors that contribute. Actually leading your team/making good calls, communicating properly, preventing teammates from raging at each other are quality's that I see as just as important on low ELO as good play.

I'm not going to write an entire article on the mentality and tactics you need to have to succeed in solo queue ranked; this has already been done before and better. I'm just going to say that if you are stuck at a certain ELO it is because of your own ineptitude to get better at the game and until you accept this and find a way to improve you will be stuck forever.

^
Thank you for saving my time
:)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 6:52am | Report
I've played about 25ish games of Ranked. I'm around 1270 elo atm after losing a lot in a row (and being 1450 in season one).

The people I played with (checked them out in the victory/defeat screen) have played anywhere from 200+ to 500 games.

If you're at 1000 after 100 games, you probably belong there, just like these people belong at below 1300.

If you've only played 30 games or so, you've still got the possibility that you are in the incorrect elo bracket.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 9:55am | Report
^ Correct.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:38am | Report
I am at 1245 Elo at the moment. i have about 70-80 games played in ranked.

Half of these are from when i started doing ranked.... and let me tell you, i have changed so much.

I lost so many games that i ended at 800 ELO after 30-40 games. But i have now managed to pull my *** from 800 to 1245, and i insist on going for the big numbers!

My point is, maybe a 100 games is not enough to determine if you belong in low ELO, Maybe more like 200.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide