Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Riot's ranked system a pile o cr@p?

Creator: TakeshyKurosawa August 17, 2016 9:59am
Kirito67
<Member>
Kirito67's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2016 12:21pm | Report

Pointless link ....... it's called lazy & busy
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2016 1:19pm | Report
are you kidding me? taking a screenshot literally takes like a second and you think it is faster to take a picture with your phone and copy it over to your pc? How do you even have the brain capacity to breathe?
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2016 5:43pm | Report
Kirito67 wrote:
Exactly my point my smurf account has better teammates means better MMR. I vaguely want a challenge, but in terms of them destroy me in lane i know the differences. I just want even playing field you know tho that's never going to happen in all lanes, but heck what good game that would be.
You will never have that game because there are several different skills that affect one's performance, and you'll always see those weak in whatever you're good at as "noobs" while those versed in the stuff you don't know anything about (e.g. builds; using Flash on Kled; strategy/mechanics, whichever you're worst at) will look as "lucky players getting carried". That is, unless you develop some self criticism.
Kirito67
<Member>
Kirito67's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2016 10:50pm | Report
Bravo i Forgot Flash on Kled big deal lad. I wouldn't say I'm weak @ my builds I tend to experiment with them in Normals & Aram's. My Ranked games will have the correct items.

Do you really think I'm that cocky? Do you know how many times i criticize myself over a true fact that I can't control, yet it has nothing to do with videogames, yet most people are in the opposite scenario as me in real life.
TakeshyKurosawa
<Member>
TakeshyKurosawa's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2016 5:17am | Report
Dynamic que is a way of elo boosting. You decrease almost to zero the possibility of having kids,******s,rage quitters,feeders, afkers etc in your team. It can ocassionally give a huge advantage vs the solo players. People that say "you enjoy the competitive stage with the company of your friends" just talk horse****. Come one noone would go in a ranked premade in his main account with 2-3 unskilled for their elo friends ;).
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2016 5:49am | Report
Dynamic que is a way of elo boosting.

I find it funny that most people do not realise that if they play in 4-5 men platoons, then they will face those same 4-5 men platoons on the enemy team, 90% of the time. If you group up, the odds of facing another group greatly increase. Also, if you group up, your MMR increases, so even if you DON'T end up facing a group of the same size, you will face higher ELO opponents. It's all about perspective.

Also, people who manage to win solo against a group are rewarded with a larger LP gain. Pants Are Dragon won something like 25-30 LPs after winning a solo game against 4 premades.

EDIT: In regards to the ongoing argument with Kirito & Co., don't argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Dude, if you can't accept criticism, you are bound to get stuck. If you go play with the mentality of "Hory shet!, all these guys are noobs, I must carry. Hory shet!, I died, wtf team? you all suck gg ez afk" you're never going to climb up.

I'd strongly suggest you taking Vynertje's challenge and play a game with us (be it an in-house or a duo game with one of them). You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk? I doubt it.
TakeshyKurosawa
<Member>
TakeshyKurosawa's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2016 7:18am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

I find it funny that most people do not realise that if they play in 4-5 men platoons, then they will face those same 4-5 men platoons on the enemy team, 90% of the time.

Thats true dude but what about winning ratio and skill between the premades? ;)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2016 7:26am | Report

Thats true dude but what about winning ratio and skill between the premades? ;)

Win ratio is an irrelvant stat for pretty much anything. Skill differentials are accounted for by

1) the limits in matchmaking
2) mmr adjustments

For example, a diamond 5 player can't queue with golds. Even if you were to pit 4 diamonds with a silver player, the silver player could be enough to lose the game alone as the average Elo of the opponents would be roughly mid-plat. Therefore, the infamous 'dynamic queue boosting' only applies when you're looking at smurfs playing with multiple other players on a low-elo account. That being said, the prevalence of smurfs in low-Elo is much exaggerated. Therefore, dynamic queue isn't as bad as people claim it to be.
cronokidd313
<Member>
cronokidd313's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2016 8:04am | Report
I mean I stopped playing ranked off the fact I was drained out. It's not hard to carry but I play mainly adc and just got to bronze 3 and just stop playing because I was blaming people for mistakes I made. now I'm thinking about climbing again after not playing for 3 months and playing nothing but norms for 2 months. I mean I was b5 at first and climbed 2 b2 in 4 days (I work 11 hour days) so this premade ****s ranked is not true. sometimes you have to learn from your mistakes for instance I didn't know how to orb walk with Miss fortune or ashe. I had a day where I strictly just practice cancelling the animation to orb walk. I also failed at knowing when I need to be carried and always tried to carry. I think that when people in my elo learn that sometimes you can carry but sometimes you have to be carried the game becomes easier. does anyone agree? or am I wrong
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2016 1:34pm | Report
I think that when people in my elo learn that sometimes you can carry but sometimes you have to be carried the game becomes easier. does anyone agree? or am I wrong

Yes. Everyone has to get carried sometimes. At that point your job is to help them, by not feeding and helping peel for them.

I'm only gold, but I have a ton of bronze minions. When I look at their games its almost always a CS problem. They have bronze level CS and thats why they are bronze. CS = gold = advantage in lane = ability to carry. I feel like if your in bronze, you can still make every mistake there is, but as long as your CS is good you will get yourself out quickly. I started a 2nd account and easily got out of bronze (again) because I could 0-100 people due to gold advantage alone.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide