Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Riot's ranked system a pile o cr@p?

Creator: TakeshyKurosawa August 17, 2016 9:59am
Kirito67
<Member>
Kirito67's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 5:23am | Report
Skill has nothing to do with age lol.

And I can get to Diamond in under 50 games on a fresh account without duo queueing with anyone, "premades" are not why smurfs can climb.

You really didn't understand what I just said.... If I've played since the beginning i would've easily be where you are right now.

Like seriously ask me something that I don't know about LOL?
Kirito67
<Member>
Kirito67's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 5:32am | Report
Admit? There's only so much I can admit to when making mistakes, while my team is making terrible decisions on engaging.

1. As support I tend to Roam as IF my bot lane is feeding hard 0-9 before the 15min mark. My mistake here is usually the fed adc roams since he's won bot lane, but no its usually the fed jg that's catches me of guard. Evelynn Master Yi or Volibear

2. My Flash isn't always perfect well trying to escape maybe keyboard/lag problem idk.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 5:38am | Report
Kirito67 wrote:
You really didn't understand what I just said....
You're not expressing yourself very coherently though.

First you say
Kirito67 wrote:
So it all comes down to luck for this solo queue system.
Yet you claim that you could have climbed if you started playing in the previous, more chaotic, system you definetly don't know if you think it would have been easier.

Then you say
Kirito67 wrote:
It's called premades so yea a smurf team can easily climb to lv30.
Which is not clear at all. Now you're complaining about premades? When we're talking about solo climbing on smurfs?

And you end it with
Kirito67 wrote:
If I've played since the beginning i would've easily be where you are right now.
Which completely ignores all of the factors you named before.

So yeah,
Kirito67 wrote:
You really didn't understand what I just said....
Nobody did.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 5:41am | Report
Kirito67 wrote:
Admit? There's only so much I can admit to when making mistakes
Even challengers make dozens of mistakes per game. You saying "there's only so much I can admit" is just annoying coming from a new player.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 5:43am | Report
Kirito67 wrote:

You really didn't understand what I just said.... If I've played since the beginning i would've easily be where you are right now.

Yeah, because then you might actually be good. But you're not. You literally just implied that yourself, so why are you blaming matchmaking instead of your own inability to win games against literally the worst players in your server? You're in the easiest Elo to carry in, and you can't. There's a very clear explanation for why that is.

Kirito67 wrote:
Like seriously ask me something that I don't know about LOL?

Why are Runaan's Hurricane and Rapid Firecannon core on Tristana, Caitlyn and Jinx (and to Ashe's DPS build)?

If you get the chance to take a 6 minute tower on bot lane, do you take it or leave the tower up to keep bullying the enemy bot lane? If you were to take the tower then what would your strategy consist of afterwards?

If you have to choose between baron and tower + inhib, which do you pick and what does it depend on?

What's the best circumstance for a recall to get items on bot lane?
Kirito67
<Member>
Kirito67's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 6:40am | Report
I'm not a good with Tristana but yea this build makes a great Trade if Tristana gets off her Dps off in the thick of things than "w" to escape.

On Caitlyn and Jinx I tend to use Phantom Dancer

It all depends on:

How much Hp does me & my support have as well as Mp @ the time.
Do we have wards left to ward the right bush below dragon?
Where is my jungle present & enemy jungle?

I would only go for tower if both Jgs are already dead or already counter-ganking top with Full Hp&Mp as well. I will bully lane & take cs instead of tower if i don't where enemy jungle is.

It depends per team & how many opposing player are on the respawn timer. If their adc is down they cant push back as fast enough, so we take tower maybe inhibitor, but every other scenario could be different & have a different outcome. I will Still go for Tower over Baron ahead or behind, because I want to own the fog of war.

Best circumstance, first off if you really want to recall to benefit the team, you must push the minion wave into the enemy turret so the enemy is denied cs. If you have 2000K on you might as well spend it once you recall, before that face-check for Dragon objective.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 7:32am | Report
Kirito67 wrote:
I'm not a good with Tristana but yea this build makes a great Trade if Tristana gets off her Dps off in the thick of things than "w" to escape.

That both explains nothing and makes no sense.

Runaan's Hurricane is very strong on all 3 of them because while it's underwhelming on champions that don't have on-hit damage, Fervor of Battle is a very strong on-hit damage source that all 3 ADC's have access to, meaning even with no on-hit in their kits they still have on-hit to make great use of Runaan's Hurricane. Back when Thunderlord's Decree on every ADC was a thing, Runaan's Hurricane wasn't meta at least on Tristana because she had no synergy with it, but Fervor of Battle changes everything. With Runaan's you get to both apply Fervor to up to 3 champions at once, and stack it up faster.

On top of that the reason it's good on especially them and not every other ADC that takes Fervor of Battle is because Runaan's Hurricane's bolts actually increase in range depending on your champion's auto-attack range. The higher your auto-attack range, the wider Runaan's bolts range is, making it a lot easier to hit multiple targets with it. These 3 ADC's, and to a lesser extent Ashe, have considerably above-average auto-attack range, making them the best choice for Runaan's Hurricane. Smaller range ADC's hit less targets with Runaan bolts, and thus don't like it as much.

Rapid Firecannon is taken on these ADC's because Statikk Shiv's waveclear would be overkill/redundant when you already have Runaan's Hurricane, and you gain more damage vs champions with Rapid Firecannon, especially since the 150 range increase extends the Runaan bolts range as well, allowing you to poke more people.

So in other words, those specific ADC's have synergy with Runaan's that other ADC's don't, and Rapid Firecannon has synergy with Runaan's Hurricane. That's why Runaan's Hurricane and Rapid Firecannon are core on those 3 ADC's. But of course you had no idea. In fact you didn't even know they were core, you seem to think Phantom Dancer is better.

Kirito67 wrote:
How much Hp does me & my support have as well as Mp @ the time.
Do we have wards left to ward the right bush below dragon?
Where is my jungle present & enemy jungle?

I would only go for tower if both Jgs are already dead or already counter-ganking top with Full Hp&Mp as well. I will bully lane & take cs instead of tower if i don't where enemy jungle is.

You don't have to worry about that stuff, the question is simply; is it better to take a 6 minute tower, or better to leave it up that early on in the game so you can keep bullying the enemy bot lane?

Kirito67 wrote:
It depends per team & how many opposing player are on the respawn timer. If their adc is down they cant push back as fast enough, so we take tower maybe inhibitor, but every other scenario could be different & have a different outcome. I will Still go for Tower over Baron ahead or behind, because I want to own the fog of war.

The actual answer is it depends on the enemy respawn timers.

If they're respawning very quickly, then while your team has just finished taking inhib and wants to recall to recover HP and mana and buy items, the enemy team is rushing baron, which results in an inhib for baron trade. Instead the correct call is to go for baron since then the enemy team gets nothing when they revive, except for maybe a dragon if they're lucky.

If their death timers are long enough that you don't have to worry about a retaliation baron, then because inhib > baron, you take inhib and get to recall in time to not have to give away baron.

Kirito67 wrote:
Best circumstance, first off if you really want to recall to benefit the team, you must push the minion wave into the enemy turret so the enemy is denied cs. If you have 2000K on you might as well spend it once you recall, before that face-check for Dragon objective.

Generally you would want to be the one forcing the enemy bot lane to recall and only recalling afterwards, so as you said you can shove the minion wave into the enemy turret to deny CS before you back.

But the situation is that you want to recall very soon, not stay in lane until the enemy bot lane has to recall, because for example, maybe you're Lucian (or supporting him) vs an Essence Reaver/ Infinity Edge ADC and want to go back for your Serrated Dirk powerspike, and thus the enemy bot lane has to recall right after you without enough gold for B. F. Sword, meaning you're 100% going to have an item advantage when you get back into lane since Serrated Dirk outperforms B. F. Sword but you're not even letting them get that, they're going to have to settle for a Pickaxe or 2 Long Swords/ Caulfield's Warhammer.

The issue is that if you recall first, the enemy bot lane gets to shove the wave into your tower and cause you to lose CS, the harshest consequence of which is that you'll miss a lot of XP and will be at a strong disadvantage when the enemy bot lane hits 6 a whole wave before you do, either causing you to die, or resulting in you missing a lot more XP/CS while they zone you with their level advantage.

That's why the best circumstance to recall for items in, is when the next minion wave to arrive to lane will be a cannon wave. You shove the non-cannon wave into the tower ASAP and get your recall off, get items and walk back to lane. The enemy bot lane wants to shove their next minion wave into your tower to make you miss CS as punishment for having to recall, but it's going to take them a lot longer than you did because while you had to kill 6 minions, they have to kill 6 minions + a cannon minion. And not only that, but when they finally do shove their wave into your tower, the tower's going to kill a melee minion, then spend 6-8 auto-attacks killing their cannon minion. Both of those things mean that if you recall with a cannon wave coming up, you'll miss a lot less CS than if you were to recall during a normal wave. At most you'll lose a melee minion and the cannon, but still arrive in time for those other 5 CS, whereas with normal minion waves you'd likely miss all 6. And in fact, if you shove and recall fast enough, and the enemy bot lane is slow at pushing, you might not even miss the cannon, and get 6 minions from that wave, missing almost nothing.

It's less optimal than forcing the enemy bot lane to recall before you and shoving a whole wave into their tower, but if you can't otherwise force them to recall earlier on, it forces their hand to recall right after you at a time when you're going to get a better item powerspike than they will.

As expected you have incredibly basic game knowledge. There's a lot about "LOL" that you don't know.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 11:17am | Report
Knowledge isn't even that hard to get by in the case of this game. It's mechanical skill and quick decision making under time pressure and other forms of stress that define you as a player, in my opinion. Every situation is new, and you got to jump to conclusions really fast every time.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 4:30pm | Report
To answer the OP:

The only thing that bothers me is that I only play soloque and I go up against a lot of 3-4 man premades, I always ask my team if they are a premade and more than half the time its a "no". So that aspect of the game is screwed up and makes it less fun.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
Kirito67
<Member>
Kirito67's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2016 9:15pm | Report
Knowledge isn't even that hard to get by in the case of this game. It's mechanical skill and quick decision making under time pressure and other forms of stress that define you as a player, in my opinion. Every situation is new, and you got to jump to conclusions really fast every time.

Bravo you had sometime on your hands to really go into detail there, but not me!

Don't underestimate my knowledge on league of legends, I know a lot, but why go so deep into detail when people will just stab you in the back.

Sorry to burst your bubble boy/man but I have success with Phantom Dancer on my AD carry over Rapid Firecannon that's why Kindred & Jinx are my favorites.

Rapid Firecannon is decent for mobile AD Carry with better range which includes Lucian & Tristana. You might care for Dps, but I care for survival so i take that MS over attacking while moving.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide