Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Isn't it annoying when...

Creator: MrCuddowls August 3, 2012 4:56pm
1 2 3 4
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 4:56pm | Report
Just read this and you should understand what im annoyed about right now

Quoted:
Riot i think there is something wrong with the matchmaking system
I keep getting Matched with **** players
I don't understand why this is but apparently i'm being matched with players who used XP boosts to boost their level. So the problem with this is that these people have NO Runes and NO skill. i have 135 wins and im a level 25 and i'm actually skilled but keep getting matched with **** players that the matchmaking system thinks i'm equal to.

Riot can you please fix this, its annoying to get matched with idiots who don't even know what runes or masteries are and have them go 1/16/9 in game. Then have them blame the team for sucking so much.

The game should be able to distinguish between win Ratio and Types of Runes In Rune slots, Whether they are Tier 1 2 or 3. or maybe average amount of wins per level. NOT Solely the level alone
For all you know, people might have a XP boost the entire time while playing and are gaining NO SKILL.

Thanks Riot for fixing this, i'm thanking you ahead of time because im assuming you will do it

Be Aware that this Applies to Normal Draft pick
ALSO be aware that when i say im skilled, (i know every assumes im not at the moment)
i mean that im Skilled compared to the people i get matched with
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 5:07pm | Report
Uh, matchmaking is determined by Elo.

Your normal elo is just hidden, but if you took a look you're matched with players with roughly the same elo.

Also note that some players raise/drop elo faster than others, so the player skill difference will remain large until 1000+ games, and even then people will face players with a larger skill difference.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 5:09pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Uh, matchmaking is determined by Elo.

Your normal elo is just hidden, but if you took a look you're matched with players with roughly the same elo.

Also note that some players raise/drop elo faster than others, so the player skill difference will remain large until 1000+ games, and even then people will face players with a larger skill difference.

Apparently ELO doesnt Portray where you SHOULD be placed
since im being placed with people who don't even know what Runes are, Much less about how they can Maintain their health inside the game if you know what i mean

What you said to note has been noted

Riot should make the matchmaking better TBH
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 5:36pm | Report
Ya this is really starting to annoy me,
I go into a game and this guy stars yelling out that he is jungling as xin how
with out even THINKING about counter picking or maybe the fact that someone who picks before him might want to play jungle, Riot really needs to fix this
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 5:43pm | Report
Jeez to think some people just want to play to have fun, ya know giving 0 ****s about anything. Man the nerve of some people. Riot should just ban everyone playing LoL to simply have fun.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 5:51pm | Report
Are you going to deny every little thing i say
if that is the case then the matchmaking should distinguish between these people or Riot should a server for them.

I understand that people play games to have fun but there are people who don't play it just to have fun, some may want a professional career as gamers. Riot should understand this and be make it so everyone who is just there to have fun not be matched with people who want something greater than that.

Also it's not "fun" for them when they die 16 times with only one kill because they don't know what runes are. if your losing all the time it is not fun. somethings are necessary to surviving and playing the game effectively and most people who im getting matched with don't understand that. its making the game unfun for them AND the people who they play with
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 7:47pm | Report
I will admit that it seems like most games one team is full of idiots and the other team has players of at least moderate skill level. But if you have such a problem then only que with friends. That's what I do. Or play a champ that can carry a ridiculous amount. For instance when I used to play akali I won 90% of games with her. As soon as I switched to champs that can't carry that hard and supports I started to win only about 60% of games. So that's my advice. RIOT will do what they think is best, if you disagree with them then just fix it yourself.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 10:31pm | Report
Something that i think should be considered for implementation is the WoW system for solo-Q Instances. The way it works (if you don't already know) is that, when you Q for a random dungeon, you get matched with players from all servers (not that i want that, i dont speak french), but you que for a specific job. Whether you want to tank, heal, or deeps, you select that role, and it automatically places you in that. The current LoL meta has been around long enough, and will stick around long enough i think, to make the same option of "Q'ing for Jungle Position" a viable concept, to stop that internal squabble before a match starts. you que for a position, you want a position, when u are put into a game, no one else will want that position, because they have already chosen something completely different. If you want to switch while u are in pre-game because, for instance, you can't counter the enemy's pick, but someone else can, that's fine, but you start off with a selected role that no one should argue about.

Insofar as your maain argument, everyone feels that way sometimes. Half the time, i'm on a team full of ******s and 10 year olds, and junglers that "forget" to grab smite, and half the time it feels like im playing against beginner bots all over again. I have found that now i generally fluctuate between 10-20 wins above my losses (currently at 345 wins), and im pretty much OK with that. Eventually you will find a balance, but you will never be rid of trolls or people that buy accounts or spend 3 weeks with xp boosters on and get from 1-30 just derping around. Personally i think the EXP boosters should be removed from the store, if you wanted to go as far as you seem to. That would be a much more fluid (and cheaper, as far as programming costs go) solution to the problem you present.

You are not alone in your frustrations, everyone has them. But i highly doubt a separate section for trolls and EXP boost users and "for fun" players will be made, seeing as how try-hards and competitive people already have Ranked to play in. And i am even MORE positive that they will not remove the EXP boosts from the store, those little pieces of programming are far too lucrative.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 10:52pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:
Pretty much. All that means to me is, "Everybody is bad in my games, and for -some- reason I still can't beat them..." :P

Honestly this is the best way I have ever seen it put. If your so good why on earth can you not defeat the terrible people in your bracket?

Let me answer that for you, Your just as bad as they are. Sorry to be harsh, but welcome to the big boy world.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 11:33pm | Report
This community is to prideful to admit that they themselves suck and are generally apart of the problem that they're complaining about.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide