Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kha'zix. Even stronger now.

Creator: Wheew EUW April 10, 2013 7:32am
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2013 3:01pm | Report

I think this is a nerf early and a buff late. Mixed damage succeeds early because it is so hard to counter, but now you can build armor early against a manamune and be ready for their upgrade.

Obviously, its a buff later because once you get enough Pen you'll be hitting harder. Good changes this patch.

Probably won't even be a nerf early. Most Kha'Zix players have atleast a The Brutalizer by the time Manamune upgrade to Muramana.

It will however be a substantial buff late game because most Kha players build both Black Cleaver and Last Whisper.

Pheyniex wrote:

the change in damage type for Muramana nerfs everyone and buffs Ryze because now you might need two resistances to deny him damage. Everyone else ( Yorick, Kha'Zix etc) will barely deal magic damage, now.

incorrect. In S3 it is detrimental to mix damage because of the way they changed penetration to work. In S2 it was fairly beneficial because it prevented players from overstacking a resistance. In addition to a buff to penetration, health became much more cost efficient than any resistance stacking. So this made it even weaker to mix your damage because a minimal amount of X damage with a kit that does Y damage is actually affected by Armor and/or MR more than 'X damage (with Penetration) with X damage kit'.

If anything, this will be a nerf to Ryze because Sorcerer's Shoes will be much weaker (probably still worth purchasing).

Yorick's kit deals a fair amount of magic/mixed damage, none-the-less he will still be fine.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2013 6:34pm | Report

I prefer Muramana, dem damagez yo. :D Dis is carry time.

I hate it when people take both Muramana and Seraph's Embrace though, lol. Yes, take two items which consume large amounts of your mana, and both scale on your current mana. GENIUS, that is ****ing synergy right there. :l

wat. These two items pretty have the best synergy, like, possible? lOl. If you stack both tears you freaking get 2000 mana, which scales with the two different passives (2% of your max mana = bonus AD, 3% of your max mana = bonus AP)... AND the two actives. You get a shield twice as powerful OR a damage increase twice as powerful.

Yes using an active will lower your mana and lower the effectiveness of the other active if you were planning on using both but that's how it freaking works lol. Muramana reduces the effectiveness of itself on its own, no Seraph's Embrace needed in the mix for the whole ''reducing effectiveness'' thing to happen lol.

That extra 1000 mana from the other item makes the active you're using pretty much twice as powerful, so in fact it increases the effectiveness of each other's actives, not the other way around.

The only reason not to do it is that it takes too long to charge up. (and now that's it's getting changed to physical damage, we can forget it)
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 7:30am | Report
How long does it usually take people to stack Tear up btw? I usually reach full stacks at ~30 minutes, which seems so friggin' long. It's why I've really never bothered to buy 2. I'm wondering if I'm stacking it super slow compared to other people or something.

Also, has anyone else noticed it's been bugged for a while? It's meant to have a 3 second cooldown, but if you cast 2 spells one after the other, you'll still get 8 stacks. Manamune's passive where auto-attacks have a 3 second cooldown on it works fine, but it also bugs on spells.

Edit: Also, if you activate Seraph's active, Muramana does less damage than it would have if you had no Seraph's, despite the massive mana boost. If you wanted survivability with more damage, you could go RoA ( a second one if you already have one ).
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 7:42am | Report
Quoted:
Also, has anyone else noticed it's been bugged for a while?

It's really limited to 2 procs per 6 seconds instead of 1 proc per 3 seconds.

Tear takes a minimum of 9-10 minutes to stack assuming you constantly have it being procced ( Poison Trail and the like). Since that doesn't happen with the vast majority of champions...
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 8:39am | Report
Satella wrote:

It's really limited to 2 procs per 6 seconds instead of 1 proc per 3 seconds.

Tear takes a minimum of 9-10 minutes to stack assuming you constantly have it being procced ( Poison Trail and the like). Since that doesn't happen with the vast majority of champions...

:o I thought it was bugged completely with no actual cooldown. No wonder it isn't getting stacked as fast as I thought it should be then!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 8:49am | Report

Edit: Also, if you activate Seraph's active, Muramana does less damage than it would have if you had no Seraph's, despite the massive mana boost. If you wanted survivability with more damage, you could go RoA ( a second one if you already have one ).

With only Muramana: 2000 mana, your Muramana deals 120 extra damage if you're full mana

With Muramana and Seraph's Embrace: 3000 mana. You activate Seraph's Embrace, lose 20% of your mana.
You now have 2400 mana left and your Muramana deals 144 extra damage.

The synergy between the items is much much stronger than the anti-synergy that they have. Doesn't really matter anymore because getting them both sucks now ;p

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 9:03am | Report
It's 25- wtf I SWEAR I checked mobafire a second before posting that and it said it was 25% of your mana, not 20%. ;c

Now I'm not so sure, but I was thinking on 4k mana anywayz, I think a full-build Ryze has that but I haven't ever bothered checking.

but w/e go awai profeshunel yodeler. >:[

Edit: LOL it just changed to 20% in the last patch and someone literally did edit the mobafire tooltip for it in between my posts.
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 9:16am | Report
Now this leads us to another question:

Could a Ryze build on ad be viable?

I'm streets ahead. If you don't get it you're streets behind.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 9:17am | Report
We already touched on the amazingness that is Muramana Trinity Force/ Iceborn Gauntlet Black Cleaver Ryze.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 9:20am | Report
yet again, Ryze nerfs incoming?

As requested to GMD himself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide