Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Let's get something straight here.

Creator: PFP October 27, 2010 7:35pm
1 2 3 4 5
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2010 7:35pm | Report
If you use Phantom Dancer on any champion/build you aren't a good player.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2010 7:47pm | Report
Erm.. please elaborate. Think about it, passive movement speed on top of boots and it's not passive? Not too bad of an item, if you ask me.

PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2010 8:38pm | Report
Extremely expensive item (3395 gold). Last Whisperer (1965 gold) is a much better item and gives you what you need on a carry. Nearly the same attack speed boost, extra damage, and ArP.

ArP > AD > AS.

Very unreliable (chance of obtaining) item due to it's cost.

It's a bad item overall, the dodge chance and crit chance are negligible. For an item of that price I would much rather buy a Youmuu's Ghostblade (2687 gold), which is a heck of an item that can give you much more for your money with a MUCH better item core.

Phantom Dancer core = Zeal (bad) small attack speed, crit, and movement speed increase. TERRIBLE!
Youmuu's Ghostblade core = Brutalizer (good) attack damage, ArP, CDR. AWESOME!

Here's a look at the numbers. Using the aforementioned formula, ArP > AD > AS, you should be able to easily see how the latter item is greater than the former.

Phantom Dancer:
+45% Attack Speed
+30% Critical Strike
+20% Dodge
+15% Movement Speed

Youmuu's Ghostblade:
+30 Attack Damage
+15% Critical Strike Chance
+20 Armor Penetration.
15% Cooldown Reduction
Active - Gives 20% movement speed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds.

If you want more damage output and crits then invest in a Last Whisperer and/or a Youmuu's Ghostblade for a melee OR ranged carry. More reliable, stronger output, resulting in you carrying harder.

ALSO: Tell me if you've seen a good high elo carry (bigfatjiji) ever buy a phantom dancer (WCG?). I don't think so.
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2010 8:51pm | Report
Even on Trynd? =O
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2010 8:55pm | Report
bigfatjiji's Ashe build is pretty cool haha, I'll give you that. If only they had a cheaper alternative for more movement speed. If you're already fed enough to get a PD then I wouldn't say it's the worst of items. Definately not as bad as Warmog's. P.S. Goolash, Youmuu's is a pretty good item in place of the PD if you remember the active. I guess it's still personal preference for whatever.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 12:08am | Report
TBH i am a big fan on PD.
It is costy as hell (i nearly always get stuck at completing it, coz the last part costs 900 (which should be somehow balanced) but...
It gives all i want on a physical carry. Most of all it is a good AS WITH CRIT. And it is all passive. Dodge is a realy nice thing especialy if you play 21/9/0 build.
You dont need to think to activate a yoyo or look at any cooldown.
Tbh i buy PD and i am done on AS and base crit for most physicals. Yoyo is cheaper and gives alot of diferent usefull stats but tbh it gives not that much of em.

I cant see a Trynd/Yi/Gang/TF without it tbh...

Its a good item overall but the recepie is too costy in my eyes.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
aethidd
<Member>
aethidd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 2:33am | Report
For me it's Berserker Greaves, I just don't see how the attack speed can be worth using in the boots slot instead of swiftness/mercury threads. That's just me I guess, I'm weird.
Arragoth
<Member>
Arragoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 10:48am | Report
Depends on the champ and the game being played.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 3:51pm | Report
Okay well Phantom Dancer works on Tyrandamere sure, but that's only if tyrandamere is actually working that game and isn't getting shut down like he should. PD's work if you get 2 of them. Only having one phantom is bad. If you'replaying AD TF with a Phantom that's another bad choice, and if you're playing AD Yi with Phantom the other team must suck, just like they must suck if you're doing well with Tyran.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2010 4:04pm | Report
I spy some raging QQ. I take it that you have been getting worked over by someone that is stacking these?

Personally, I think its an overrated item. Its got nice stats, and if you are looking for an avoidance type build. Its kind of a luxery(SP) item too. Kinda like Warmog's. It can make a build if you rush it.

Hmmmmmm.... I just had an idea... Ty PFP

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide