Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Most Op champ?

Creator: kaas August 8, 2010 3:38pm
85 posts - page 8 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 1:14pm | Report
XD

yeah Hyper Carries @_@
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2011 1:28pm | Report
IFF nobody gets any grevious wounds, i would have to say that Mundo is op. since that never happens though, he's not really. But honestly? i would say sion or nasus. since you can range viegar, nobody cares about his free ap. but if Siphoning Strike gets farmed, gg. and if you let sion Enrage farm and then with his ult Cannibalism he's like 5 times better than Wish for his team AND he gets bonus attack speed. + he gets healed for like 150+% damage dealt. and he's got a stun+ shield and early minion resillence from Feel No Pain. not a tipicial pick for op, but he's underplayed. and yes, nunu's ult can be op. it's not hard to prevent that unless he gets in a bush and is able to sneak it off. but mord? i disagree. qss/ga=mord fail.

EDIT: mistook Carnivore for Cannibalism...
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 6:27am | Report

Overall though Akali is a bit too strong right now. Her burst is massive and her passive is...Well it's really good. Granted Akali takes some skill to play, but her burst is way too good. She can out burst an AP nuke like Annie...Or even Brand. It's redonkulous IMO. Still a fun champ, but she's on everyone's list of "DO NOT FEED HER UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE"....But that's just me.

Couple things I want to mention.

-Akali has only received minor changes since her release and none for months and months, she has always been this way.
-Massive exaggeration here. Akali's single-target burst damage is on about the same level or perhaps a little better than Annie or Brand imo, but the big difference is that Annie and Brand are both AoE and can burst down most of your team if your positioning is bad.
-Akali's burst is also melee range, forcing her to go right into the middle of the fight, where she can easily be killed. Again unlike Annie or Brand.

As far as I'm concerned she is intended to function this way as an assassin. Remove her burst and ability to chase with her ultimate, and why would anyone choose to play her over a standard AP carry, who can do the same damage in AoE from long range?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 7:29am | Report
I'm not saying remove her burst, I'm saying it's on the high side and she scales too well with too little AP/AD. Her passive as well is extremely useful, too useful. You're neglecting the fact that an assassin is played differently than an AP nuke like Brand or Annie. Neither of whom have built in spellvamp. Neither of whom have a blink, let alone one they can use 3 times. Nor do they have an AoE stealth bubble. SHE IS A HYPER carry, there's an issue with hyper carries in that they're just too good with too little effort or itemization. An AP Nuke like Annie or Brand actually take time to build up. Akali goes from 0-60 in her first few levels.

Akali is meant to get in range and destroy ONE person that's the role of an assassin. I'm saying she does it too well with too few items. Merc treads and a hextech looks like you lose. And she just gets stronger from there.

But we all have differing opinions on things and I respect your's. Perhaps akali is balanced, but if she is then who's OP?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 7:31am | Report
I actually don't think anyone is particularly OP at the moment.

There's a couple champs that are perhaps slightly on the strong side, but I don't think there are any that are even close to 'pick this champ, free win' status.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind all that much if Akali's spellvamp passive was lowered a little. As long as her Q and ult (although even here I wouldn't be too upset with a minor change) are left alone. I'd rather just leave her as she is but maybe that's because she is one of my favorite champs.

I think the problem many players have with Akali is that their first instinct is to run, when this will generally only make things worse. The best thing to do in a teamfight is to stay near your team and hit her back. This goes especially if you're playing an AP carry, because you can pretty much burst Akali down at any point in the game before she can burst you down. Also, stay away from her shroud and have someone buy oracles later.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 11:06am | Report
Heres my new take on OP.

Kogmaw.

Akali (solo queue)

Graves.

I think that might be it right now.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 11:08am | Report
Kog? sure, he has crazy range. but he dies so fast, it's a piece of cake to counter him. dodging his ult removes most of his power now anyway. but yes, graves needs a nerf.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 11:13am | Report
mastajdog wrote:

Kog? sure, he has crazy range. but he dies so fast, it's a piece of cake to counter him. dodging his ult removes most of his power now anyway. but yes, graves needs a nerf.

Then he gets a frozen mallet, and kites all day with 600 some range. Assuming that he is a on-hit kog maw.
SirSpankAlot
<Member>
SirSpankAlot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 11:20am | Report
My op list:
  • Akali , Still OP after the hextech nerfs due to a OP amount of burst:(.
  • Talon , Might be designed to have great burst because there won't be a reason to pick him without that burst but it might be a little bit OP.

Also kogmaw isn't that op , he might be able to shred easily but once someone gets close he is doomed.
Thanks to Plickz and Alexanpt for the awesome Sigs!

Check out my guide on Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 11:45am | Report
Kog'Maw isn't OP, he's got range sure, and his damage is quite nice once you hit late game, but overall his lack of an escape mechinism and SOOPER squishy nature make him quite balanced IMO.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide