Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Most underrated champion

Creator: Babit August 14, 2011 4:40pm
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 1:17pm | Report
Garen doesnt need a buff...

Garen + Taric lane is scary.. just need the right team and the right items
Vaellen
<Member>
Vaellen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 1:52pm | Report
Swain
Ezreal (people like him but nobody really knows the secret...)
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 2:08pm | Report
VoiD wrote:

Garen doesnt need a buff...

Garen + Taric lane is scary.. just need the right team and the right items

You talk as if every game ends in 25 minutes and never leaves the lane phase.
adam483t
<Member>
adam483t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:50pm | Report
Jvstm wrote:

You talk as if every game ends in 25 minutes and never leaves the lane phase.

I've been using Garen lately in my matches as the tank, and he's been great.

Use the silence on an AP champ, and exhaust on an AD one. That really downs their damage while the rest of your team kills them.
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:58pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

My choice would be... Cho'Gath.
A lot of people prefer other tanks, when he has a solid jungle, 3-second AoE silence (shutting down casters for 3 seconds can easily win you a gank/fight), knock-up+slow, and a health/size steroid via Feast that makes him very easy to tank with. Cho'Gath is really good when played properly.
Pro Tip: If you have 6 feast stacks, use Feast when a target during your combo to kill them sooner and not steal the kill for yourself. Being able to instantly during the fight into 5v4 is a good thing, while most Cho'Gaths save their Feast for kills despite already being at 6 stacks.

SPECIFICALLY jungle Cho'Gath methinks. It seems like everyone plays him top lane, because he's a great laner, but he's also a top-tier jungler. Great ganks with a knock-up, silence AND MASSIVE NOM NOMS. Can eat up jungles after 6, too. NOM NOM THEIR BLUE. Iz tru. Cho'gath be under-rated.

And as far as underrated v.s. underplayed, I'd say they are quite different. Some people just don't play champs because they aren't cool, or their play style isn't that fun. Not necessarily because they are underrated. If a champion isn't fun to play, who's gonna play him? Like... ugly characters are played less than cool-looking characters, even if they are just as good.

And as far as Blitzcrank, if someone can hit his rocket grabs consistently (a.k.a. 90% of clutch grabs rather than 70% of all grabs), he can be pretty ridiculous.

And Sivir isn't underrated... she's just not good. lolol. Other AD carries are better. end of story. No underrated about it.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 4:18pm | Report
I'm always disappointed to see people say Karma. She's not underrated, she's just bad.

Here's how it is:

She has two okay spells. Only okay. Her Q and her E are okay, but they're not OP or anything. The numbers are slightly higher than other similar spells, but remember they have 6 ranks.

She has two slightly potent spells when she uses mantra. Only slightly, and they both take good positioning to be very potent (i.e. all 5 allies and all 5 enemies clumped up and ready to be hit by Q mantra'd).

Her W (that's the speed/slow, right?) is ****. **** with mantra, **** without mantra. Not too useful for the speed/slow, and definitely not useful for the damage.

She has no ultimate, so she really has to rely on two spells.

Moreover, the 5th rank in her spells are unimpressive, and the 6th rank is slightly above average at best. You need to be level 11 to have one very powerful spell, whereas most champs at level 9 have one powerful spell and at level 11 have another point into their ultimate.

Karma could be good with a numbers change, but they have to make her W zilean W-strength and much better at level 1 (who maxes it first, anyways?), and the 6th rank in all her spells has to be OMGWTF strong.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 4:31pm | Report
adam483t wrote:

I've been using Garen lately in my matches as the tank.

This statement hurts me on so many levels :(
Tri lane for life.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 8:23pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Nidalee is UP atm.

Singed is a mid game champion, if you get into late game, he's annoying, but not really that effective.

Garen is very strong right now, he just got buffed.

Heimer is underplayed, but by no means underpowered.

Sivir is kind of the same way, underplayed, but a very good laner, and a very good late game champion as well as mid game champion. (People try to build her like Ashe though, and that's not such a great idea.)

Nidalee is not underpowered. She's a top pick in high-elo and played very often for an OVERPOWERED heal, good traps, and impeccable escape mechanic.

Heimerdinger is underpowered and played at the right amount for what he brings to the team.

Sivir is also underpowered. The nerf to Boomerang Blade to lose damage when it passes through minions really crippled her.

Garen lacks a late-game. He's a scary bush-ninja, but once you see him, he's not so threatening unless his team has good initiation. (Team dependency is not a plus)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 11:04pm | Report
for anyone who said Sivir i agree with you.

for anyone who said sivir is just bad and cant be played at high ELO, go look up yiruru.

and i think i will take my +rep thank you.

Many thanks to Jhoijhoi for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 11:47pm | Report
Bloofyre wrote:

for anyone who said Sivir i agree with you.

for anyone who said sivir is just bad and cant be played at high ELO, go look up yiruru.

and i think i will take my +rep thank you.

Anecdotal evidence. Player > Skill set in this case.

There's a Heimerdinger whose reached 1800+ ELO too. Doesn't mean Heimerdinger isn't in need of buffs.
It just means the player is a true master of that champion.

Sivir is bad. Riot believes she needs a small buff too.
Just because she can be played in High ELO does not make her a good choice. You can find people who play Garen, pre-nerf Pantheon, Mundos, and Twitch at high-ELO too. Doesn't mean they're viable. It just means someone's maining them or someone's screwing around.

If I could -Rep you, I would. For both assuming you're right without statistical evidence AND for asking for Rep.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide