Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Most underrated champs: nassus

Creator: Illuvitarian April 27, 2011 7:31am
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 10:20am | Report
Swain is so underrated. Definitely Swain.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 10:45am | Report
Dude my best friend plays swain and he makes him look op swain is underrated

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 10:48am | Report
Veigar is underrated, so is Kayle and TF. I can't remember the last time I saw someone play Veigar well, even though he counters pretty well any carry in the game.

Jet wrote:
i always thought read was xaioli

they both cry whenever i post
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 3:53pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Veigar is underrated, so is Kayle and TF. I can't remember the last time I saw someone play Veigar well, even though he counters pretty well any carry in the game.

I see enough "pro" TFs fail that I can not believe anyone would say he's underrated. I see him at least every other game.
Doomrider
<Member>
Doomrider's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 3:56pm | Report
TF is very overrated but is still very good. I don't think Nasus is underrated though, I see him chosen quite a bit.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 4:02pm | Report
Nasus: Not underrated for those who know his niche. He's basically only good way late game, and his Wither is shut down by merc treads. Only a good champion with insane amounts of farm.

Sivir is basically Caitlyn with a worse laning phase and better pushing/farming. Not much teamfight damage and altogether unimpressive after her nerfs.

Kayle has a garbage laning phase and really needs farm to be able to do well - past that, she's good.

Urgot is NOT underrated in high ELO play. He's a common pick because he's got such strong lane dominance that any good urgot vs. any decent late-game carry is GG before the carry can get farmed.

Swain is not underrated in high ELO play, but he loses effectiveness against a heavy ranged team.

Veigar isn't underrated, he's as much garbage as people say. His event horizon isn't very good CC and his best nuke is hard to land. He doesn't counter AP carries as much as people say; getting an all-around good AP nuke, such as Annie, is going to be better than devoting a champion entirely to ulting the enemy AP champion and then dying.

Twisted Fate's pretty good, idk about underrated or not.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 4:39pm | Report
Nasus isn't underrated.

He's got a high learning curve.
His skills are designed like this: Use Q, Use Spirit fire, Use Wither to keep target on SF, Use Q again to whomp them with their Armor down.

But to pull off this combo is far easier said then done...

And there's actually farming his Q...

He's extremely team reliant, and easily kited.

He's a solid champion design wise, but he lacks compared to all the new ones since his creation.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 4:58pm | Report
I don't understand why people don't think he can be extremely tanky and do so much damage at the same time. I've won quite a few games because people try to 2v1 after letting me farm all game.

JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 5:19pm | Report
Generally champions being underrated are highly correlated with the levels of concentration or skill needed to do well with them.

Example:

Clairvoyance is an amazing summoner spell. But people will, in majority, opt for flash or ghost if forced to pick, because it's simply easier to use.

Can you imagine how horrible your game would be if your opponents had penta-clairvoyance going and all mastered using it as well as ganking coordination while playing all champions with hard stuns and sustained damage?

Flash + Ghost + Jungler + Roamer + stuns won't do **** for you.
-You recall, they push like crazy
-Your jungler comes, they're already out of the gankable area
-You ward, they use oracle, they dont need wards!
-You push, there's 3 of them behind you!
-You ask for group gank, they always b before you can set it up.
-You try to split push, they flank your *** and split push back without being gankable
-You jungle, they're coming!
-You dragon, they're THERE!
-You baron? You died for thinking about it!!
-You try to team fight, they run around and won't let you!

"Big brother's watching you!!! O3O"

B-Wong wrote:

people try to 2v1 after letting me farm all game.

Lots of people are bad at doing that keyword.

Game wise, Nasus needs a lot of that to do well. If you slack off at all, it snowballs badly.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 5:39pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Lots of people are bad at doing that keyword.

I just want to quickly reiterate this point. Try using someones referral link and watch as they auto attack minions and you last hit and check the minion kills after the game. Last hitting is CRUCIAL to success. I mean seriously, Rammus should not be outfarming Ashe. And yes, as JunSupport said farming is so much the crutch to Nasus that holds most people down: They don't know how to farm with is E or Q efficiently at all.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide