Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need some tips to improve as a main support player

Creator: Fanp February 8, 2014 5:21pm
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 4:51pm | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

Insult, Insult, irrelevant statement, ridiculous assumption, insult, insult, no facts, and insult some more.

Mooninites wrote:
I don't really see how it's an opinionated statement based own assumptions when it is a fact that Morgana has been played more as a support than a mid lane champion in LCS.

Dat opinion and no facts insult tho.
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 4:56pm | Report
sirell wrote:
If the benefits outweigh the deficit (which really isn't that outlandish an idea), then putting a pink in tri is fine. To say absolutely that it's 'never wise' is just silly and nonsensical. I could easily come up with scenarios where it would be perfectly fine to trade 100g.

It's a trade of a 130 gold. 100 gold loss to you and 30 gold gained by your opponent on a commonly warded area where a 75 gold sight ward would work perfectly fine. At what point and scenario does that ward if it doesn't reveal dragon become more beneficial than the cost. Wait... I can see one possibility if you use it to setup kills. If you can get a kill or two because they went to get the ward then the benefit would outweigh the cost. But that doesn't make it a wise investment in solo queue because you can't guarantee that you will ever get back what you lose in that return.

sirell wrote:
OMD, can you even read? I said REGARDLESS of whether you ADC is playing passive/aggressive, you can still play aggressive. Let me outline it for you once again.

- ADC is PASSIVELY farming/last-hitting.
- At the same time, Support is AGGRESSIVELY trading damage, zoning the enemy.
- These are NOT the same.

Essentially, what you do doesn't have to be in line with what your ADC does so long as it doesn't endanger your chances of winning.

I can read perfectly fine.

Passive support play is zoning, warding, with occasional pokes but not forcing engagements.
Aggressive lane play is diving and forcing engagements and going for kills as often as possible.

I apologize that I am unable to read your mind and understand that to you passive means afk.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 5:03pm | Report
Oh look. Changing definitions to suit your own needs again.

How did I not see that coming. Oh wait, I did.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 5:10pm | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

I just summarized your entire discussion process and since there is no relevant facts and you seem incapable of having any discussion where someone doesn't agree with you completely. You can't read past your own opinion, and you can't type more than two words without trying to insult someone. I have no desire to continue this on since you haven't mentioned one valid point in your last 4 posts, and every post you have made since your first one follows the quoted statement above.

I don't really want to continue on with this conversation either. There's really no point to argue with an idiot. I'm not going to change your opinion either way, but keep on doing what you do, it's obviously working extremely well for you, playing from the ***crack of league skill and all (hint: that's bronze 3)
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 5:10pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

i kindly request this thread to be closed.

Seconded.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
NateKiller
<Member>
NateKiller's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 5:18pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

Seconded.

Thirded
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 6:20pm | Report
I usually upgrade sightstone when baron comes into play simply to move up to 5 ward charges to combat the lens and pink wards.

Also I don't think the thread should be closed, people just need to act more civil. Disagreements like these are one of the best ways to learn something about the game IMO.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 7:58pm | Report
NateKiller wrote:

Thirded

fourth-ed

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 10:45pm | Report
I dunno - the smack talk in this thread was pretty fun to read. I say we keep it open for a little bit more. I'd like to read a few more exchanges between these guys ;)

As a last ditch effort to get this thread back on topic, can someone tell me after what threshold (be it item, or champion levels) does it become undesirable for a support to trade autos with an ADC?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Stomper
<Member>
Stomper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 10:49pm | Report
utopus wrote:

I dunno - the smack talk in this thread was pretty fun to read. I say we keep it open for a little bit more. I'd like to read a few more exchanges between these guys ;)

As a last ditch effort to get this thread back on topic, can someone tell me after what threshold (be it item, or champion levels) does it become undesirable for a support to trade autos with an ADC?

The smack talk actually had an intelligent discussion underneath a lot of rage until it devolved into a cesspool of insults.

Anyways, once an ADC gets a Vamp Scepter most supports shouldn't want to AA trade with them anymore. Exceptions are supports who can periodically come in and do a small bit of burst now and then like Sona, and Thresh.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide