Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Champion has hit PBE!

Creator: BlackIceT January 7, 2013 7:26pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 8:43am | Report
Yea he definitely throws the support/disabler/tank concepts around at you. Building him as damage in any form sounds silly.

Plus his ratios suck. Bad.
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 9:30am | Report
He seems like a utility tank or a support. Either way, if he turns out to be a doable support, I'm gonna buy him and play the **** out of him for support, because I want riot to release more supports instead of the mid/top/junglen assassins they've been releasing nonstop
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 9:30am | Report
Double post

DELETE ME
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:09am | Report
I think his kit would make him an astounding gank heavy jungler, and a pretty good support, especially after he hits 6. An aumu-esque stun/leap, a darius-esque pull that can ALSO push, a shield that he can use to pull ANY of his own teammates to to get them out of any situation, through walls in the jungle especially, and a huge box of walls that deals good damage and has a crippling slow... Idk what all the hate is about. His no armor/mres scaling in lieu of his passive could be bad/OP as hell, all depending on how often souls drop. A soul will be guaranteed to drop every 3rd wave, plus random drops on minor minions. If they find that he is staying too squishy for too long, they will simply code the random drop of a soul off a minor minion to happen a little more frequently, and bam, problem solved. Everyone knows that every new champ goes through a vicious cycle of buffs/nerfs for at least a good month after it is released (im pretty sure they are STILL working on Rengar to get him properly balanced), so these issues will be addressed and fixed.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:14am | Report
Foo18 wrote:

Double post

DELETE ME

You can delete your own posts, lol.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:16am | Report
IAmByakuya wrote:

Too many different expectations but his kit/souls thing seems kinda confusing but the extra armor/ap/mr without need of items sounds rlly good

W/o need of items? He doesn't get mr/armor per level.

Souls have like a 10-15% drop rate.

Souls armor/mr/ap per soul drops with each successive soul.

Etc.

He definitely needs items, he just has another way of gaining base stats.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:21am | Report
Free AP is free AP though.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:34am | Report
I was kinda wondering when they were going to introduce something else like Baleful Strike, difference is, veigar has NO CAP whatsoever on the amount of AP he can get off of b strike. I think they should remove the cap on souls he can collect and make them constant instead of decreasing potency the more he gets. Ya know, because I plan on insta-buying him when he comes out and I want him to be OP as hell late game.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:55am | Report
For everyone who thinks his passive has a cap, it doesn't. It just degrades fairly quickly from what I've gathered. Minions can drop from 1-3 souls from what I've seen too.

It has a "soft cap" of 255, but only because that's the data limit. And then there's the cap of game time.

He fulfills a secondary initiation in a team, if he gets tanky that is.

Strong team partners would be jungle Nunu, Morgana, Galio, Amumu, etc.

His lantern has a long, long CD early on and can also be used to collect souls if you don't want to actually walk up and get brained by the enemy ADC.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:04am | Report
Just looked and he has pretty damn good base stats.

The client also has him with a tank/support/ranged tag, indeed making him the first ranged tank in the game, as I suspected, which is pretty baller.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide