Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New to LoL, trying to move over from DotA

Creator: WearyWanderer November 16, 2015 8:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Devampi
<Member>
Devampi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 10:56am | Report
depending on which mode your playing it takes a certain time.

but for Twisted Treeline and summoners rift

for a win with a 30 min game I kinda get ~150 XP (loss closer to ~90) (TT lvls a little bit faster as a win in a 15 min game is ~100 while SR you don't win that fast)

HF with the math when you searched for a needed exp for each lvl table.

(I hitted it pretty fast I believe but well I started playing it again at lvl 16 which was the lvl I had pre season 5. I started again end beginning september and I'm now lvl 24 with 1-5 games a week)
Just some random guy from smitefire that visits sometimes.
TheSofa
<Member>
TheSofa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 3:47pm | Report
I was told that I need around 13000 IP for a complete rune page (with all the marks/glyph/seal/quint thingys)

etc.

Is that true?

And why is that more important than unlocking mushrooms?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 3:36am | Report
Because with runes, you can play practically any champion anywhere. Without runes, it's kinda limited and you won't have nice time playing a new champion without runes. Also other people getting runes kinda ruins it for you, too.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Devampi
<Member>
Devampi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 4:09am | Report
TheSofa wrote:
I was told that I need around 13000 IP for a complete rune page (with all the marks/glyph/seal/quint thingys)

etc.

Is that true?

And why is that more important than unlocking mushrooms?

for the standard rune pages you need less now as the price got halfed

the stat difference can be pretty strong as having almost 10 (it's a bit lower) more AD, armor and MR (some magic pen and ap when we look at the standard AP page) will make it easier to harass someone without those stats or last hit etc.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 5:05am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

etc.

Is that true?
For some specific pages yes. You can buy the permanent discount runes for way less than that, then slowly expand your rune collection if you bought more pages (IDK if I already said this, but only buy rune pages when there is a 2x1 on them, there's often two of those every year). The system is quite annoying, but with the discount on basic runes it got significantly less annoying for starters.

As a boring person that always mained a small group of champions, I bought runes whenever I didn't want to buy any specific new champion, always aiming at a particular niche page (flat cooldown reduction pages are EXPENSIVE). But if you feel like buying a ton of champions, settle with one AD and one AP page, maybe add a full tank (for tank supports) and a jungle page if you intend on playing ranked. Using a diverse pool of champions gives more versatility than having many rune pages, given that you know how to use them.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 5:24am | Report
While leveling up, 2 rune pages should be more than enough. Here are two rune pages with prices that will cover the most champions:

AD Page

AP Page

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Devampi
<Member>
Devampi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:41am | Report
LevasK wrote:
While leveling up, 2 rune pages should be more than enough. Here are two rune pages with prices that will cover the most champions:

AD Page

AP Page

for both pages you already have the seals and glyphs (if you finished one of the 2) so you only need to buy the quints and marked

total=9210 with attackspeed quints
total=7671 with flat ad quints (as they aren't the same price anymore since the permanent price reduction LevasK)
TheSofa
<Member>
TheSofa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 4:10pm | Report
Wow. That's still a lot of IP. :D

Am I ever going to get there> It feels like a long way off, especially since I only play on the weekends.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 9:14pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:
Wow. That's still a lot of IP. :D

Am I ever going to get there> It feels like a long way off, especially since I only play on the weekends.

My brother is the same way. Here's the secret to how he was able to get the IP he needed to get runes and a decent number of champs. Every day, there is a "First Win of the Day" bonus that gives you a large extra chunk of IP for scoring a game win that day. "But I don't have time to play every day on the hopes that I get a win," I hear you cry. Ah, what my brother does is play one game a day on weekdays -- a "Co-op vs AI" game. In these games, you are 5 human players versus 5 bots. The games tend to be faster than normal games and you are virtually guaranteed a win. What's more, you can use these games to mess around with some of the weekly free champions in order to get a feel for their kits, even if they are champion styles that don't fit your personality. Play one bot game a day on weekdays (while your watching TV or something) to get IP and then on weekends when you have more time, you can play your main characters against humans.
TheSofa
<Member>
TheSofa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2015 7:37am | Report
Hi Mungo!

Thanks for the tips. :D
I didn't know First win applied to bots game too :P

Just a random question... which summoner spells do I get? Like, flash on everyone, but is it like exhaust for supports, heal for carries, or something like that?

Cheers!
TheSofa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide