Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Notable PBE Update 1/7

Creator: Xeronn January 8, 2013 12:21am
1 2
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 9:24pm | Report
sirell wrote:

But then you're better off getting Black Cleaver for an extra 300g.

I did say IF :) And Black Cleaver isn't for everyone ^^
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 1:44am | Report
Last Whisper costs 2300 on PBE now just sayin
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 3:10am | Report
Welp, there goes my great idea.
Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:42am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I don't think you're including the passive gold gain, if you get it early enough, get to at least 200 cs by 25 min, and don't buy anything else, I can pretty well guarantee you'll have enough for it to have paid itself off.

js.

I was including the passive gold gain but my math was a little off. Let me show you my process and if its wrong please let me know.
Assuming you get Avarice Blade at 8 minutes you will have passively received 204 gold at the 25 minute mark (12 gold per minute multiplied by 17 minutes). Original cost of Avarice Blade is 800 and we now subtract the 204 passive gain and get 596 gold left to pay off. You would need to kill 298 minions with the +2 gold bonus to pay off the remaining 596 gold by the 25 minute mark.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 9:18am | Report
ah well if you just hang onto it then yeah that's right, but if you choose to sell avarice (which is what I was calculating) you'll be way up on money when you're at 25 min. Or including the total passive gold gain also puts you way ahead.

Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 9:27am | Report
Agreed, I was just doing the straight math without taking into account selling, or building it into something else which should be accounted for.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 12:04pm | Report
Oh I thought they DECREASED the Last Whisper cost. I was like WTF?!. But it really was way too low ...

And Youmuu's Ghostblade doesn't really have anything to do with Last Whisper. Especially when you think of Ranged AD carries. Melee AD carries could get both items but Ranged AD carries just go for Last Whisper 100% of the time no matter what the cost is lol
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 12:22pm | Report
Xeronn wrote:

Utility wise Last Whisper doesn't provide anything except a means of penetrating enemy armor and a bit of attack damage. Having it cost more means it takes more effort to buy the item, instead of just "Oh I need ArP quick, time for Last Whisper."

I'd assume Riot had this sort of idea behind it. Just throwing out what I think.

yea, and ie doesn't really provide anything but some crit and ad. oh and bloodthirster. nothing but a little ad and lifesteal. people just build it because it looks cool

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 3:57pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

Oh I thought they DECREASED the Last Whisper cost. I was like WTF?!. But it really was way too low ...

And Youmuu's Ghostblade doesn't really have anything to do with Last Whisper. Especially when you think of Ranged AD carries. Melee AD carries could get both items but Ranged AD carries just go for Last Whisper 100% of the time no matter what the cost is lol

It was never really intended for AD Carries, I'm comparing it to bruisers or melee carries.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:08pm | Report
Nothing's gonna be changed. The few pure Autoattackers will get Youmuu's Ghostblade, like Master Yi and Shaco. And pretty much everyone else will keep getting Last Whisper
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide