Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 105 of 1800
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:08am | Report
^ Know the feeling. Yukimaru would confirm that today, I had THE worst Blitzcrank IN THE WORLD on my lane as Urgot. I tried Urgot out recently because he looked fun and Gamescom proved he's more than viable in this metagame.

I'd had two other games as Urgot previously (one of which was 9/0/8), but I still had a LOT to learn for him.

Blitz took Flash/Clarity, committed suicide multiple times, only hit like 1 good hook, and all in all made my life in lane a living hell...
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:22am | Report
A buddy of mine is trying to learn Noc.

So I lane with him as Soraka.

He refuses to take flash and uses ghost to get back to lane faster even though he has teleport.

I got a double kill on the enemies while Noc messed around (he did a little damage but didn't do enough to get the kills). Unfortunatly I cannot save a Noc who has no ability to escape, no matter how much I astral blessing/ult/infuse Morde so he can't cast.

So here I am...2 levels higher than my laning partner (which is 1 levels higher than the enemies). I have CDR Boots and a Rod of Ages, so I send Noc off into the jungle to make up his lost XP and what do Morde and Kog'maw do? try to dive me and give me another double kill (and kill me for the first time because I didnt quite heal enough to save myself from Kog'maw's passive).

and I did this all with 47 CS.

Because Noc kept missing last hits...so I last hit them.

WTF.

We lost...

QQ.

But hey...I got two double kills with Soraka. starcall spam ftw.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:23am | Report
lol nice nameless xD

Duff

I should play with you

I'm in a similar situation :3

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:24am | Report
Also, this is perhaps my most legit QQ yet, something that certain guide makers may be able to relate to.

People take guide making way too personally. Taking it seriously is fine, but try not to take it personally. I may down-vote now, and come back and up-vote later depending on changes.

Your guide may just legitimately suck and deserve a down-vote, but that's because it -sucks and deserves a down-vote- not because I think you're a bad person.

I have seen this phrase used often, "Why are you gonna down-vote me and---"

WOAH BUDDY. I am not down-voting YOU. I am down-voting the AWFUL GUIDE so that other players know not to use it! It's not a personal thing, it's a community thing.

And the result is? I get troll voted. All day.

Sometimes I even leave really thought out comments and in depth responses, and people don't like it, so they come to my guides and down-vote.

And the embarrassing thing is that they do it on the guides over 20 votes, and not the ones under it. Hey, if they're man enough to down-vote a guide where they have to comment, good for them. At least they're not doing the sissy behind your back ninja down-vote so nobody can see why B.S. I'd rather get my guides troll-voted out in the open than behind closed doors.

It's ******s like that who make me wish the 20 vote cap had never been implemented...

Yes, I would like to be able to express my opinion and leave votes on guides accordingly without risk of being troll-voted in the dark in return. I've lost at least an entire percent on my Offtanks guide due to trollvotes, and on my smaller guides, much much more than a full percent.

If someone wants to leave a comment expressing why they think my builds are wrong, I can defend my builds/guide, and explain why I wrote it the way I did and used the items I used. This will be beneficial to anybody who reads the comments as well, and people do read every page of the comments. I would know, people remind me of stuff that other people wrote in the comments section all the time.

TL;DR,

It's very unfortunate that there is a 20 vote cap for must leave comment to vote.

Lots of guides have very misrepresented vote counts now as a result, and it forces the community into this odd role of just not down-voting badly made guides to avoid having their own guides down voted. I can see the argument being made that this in itself improves the community, by way of causing us to leave constructive comments instead of voting down, but again that would mean we shouldn't even have a down-vote button! Let's just have a like button, so that everyone can just like the guides, and the lowly rated guides will just be less popular, but they'll still feel good about themselves cause they have no down-votes! *Cheeky smile.

GRRRR.

*End rant.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:27am | Report

I'm in a similar situation :3

Add me up, same username.

I don't ranked with people I've never played with to start, so if you don't mind going through some normals with me xD There's a number of reasons for this, one being I want to build a good chemistry with a player so they know my style and get a feel for my timing and build trust etc.

You really want that in ranked, it helps a lot.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:33am | Report

lol nice nameless xD

You'd think I know how to play Soraka or something...XD
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:35am | Report

He refuses to take flash and uses ghost to get back to lane faster even though he has teleport.

New meta... Somebody tell HotShot.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:37am | Report
Sure...

If you want to feed and give the support all the kills in your lane.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:39am | Report
ofc, I never just play ranked with someone either without doing some norms first

btw you are wrong about the voting, having required for ALL votes made the scores inflated since ppl were afraid to DV, and it didn't stop trolls since they -1ed anyway, but making users rage even more by leaving troll comments like "akhKJFHKJSHF:Ddfhkjh"

the people who still WANT to leave criticism will.

check here for the same topic:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/proposition-for-the-vote-system-on-build-7590

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:40am | Report
DuffTime wrote:
it forces the community into this odd role of just not down-voting badly made guides to avoid having their own guides down voted

Know the feeling.

I only downvote guides that are bad - but the person posting can spell and looks RELATIVELY reasonable. If not, the guide will be downvoted anyway.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide