Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1493 of 1800
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 6:39am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

im poor

Tbh you can get a graphics card that can run League at 60fps constantly for <100€, if you turn down settings even a 50-80€ card will do. If you get a job, that's about 10-15 hours of work only.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:13am | Report
Since we're on the topic of FPS...

I'd just like to start by saying that I'm mentally challenged when it comes to computers, so please bear with me.

I've been getting absolutely god awful FPS ever since the swap to the updated SR. In low action scenarios, like walking to lane and stuff like that, it runs at about 30, which I can definitely play at, so no hassle there. During actual laning phase, it sits around 15-20. Definitely not ideal, because the FPS lag sometimes causes inputs to be delayed, so I end up firing skillshots backwards or at least in an unintended direction. However, when a fight starts to break out, my FPS just drops right down. The little thingy in the corner says 2 FPS, and 2 FPS makes teamfighting absolutely impossible for me. Even small teamfights, like, a Talon could use Shadow Assault and my FPS will just spike down to 2 FPS for a few seconds. It's very difficult to play the game in this state.

So, since I'm mentally challenged at computers and have zero clue why this is, I've come here to whine about it (and hopefully get some advice). I went on that Can I Run This site, and my computer specs are more than enough to run the game, in fact, it passes the "recommended" part of it. I've also checked some NVidia thing that comes with my driver, and it says the optimal settings for League based on what I have is to run everything on the highest possible, yet I can't even run the game smoothly at the lowest graphical settings. Halp pls. Here's my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 3.3 GHz
Number of Cores: 4
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chipset: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Dedicated Memory: 1.0 GB
Total Memory: 2.7 GB
RAM: 4.1 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack: 1
Size: 64 Bit
Edition: Home Premium
Display Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Drive
Size: 511.6 GB
Free: 50.1 GB
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:20am | Report
I am a bit late to the party, but how is not playing to win so terrible? Just play normals for fun or something.
Pretty much impossible to climb when you aren't playing to win. I've been playing the game for years and watching myself improve, but never get anything out of it besides the knowledge that I'd improved no matter how much better I got was about as demoralizing as anything. Which brings with it the great side effect of people continuing to mostly not take me seriously, something I really hate. I've basically watched nearly every person I know who plays the game vastly overtake me in ranking (with the exception of the people I originally played with, they pretty much all just suck and they haven't improved at all), and no matter how much I practice, how much I fix things, how much I listen to other people, how much better I get...nothing changes, because my personality doesn't change. I'm not a competitive person, that's one of the reasons I was a really bad performance major too. I don't particularly enjoy screwing around in normals, so why would I keep playing?

i used to play on a laptop that sat at 20-40 fps and in the worst moments around 5-20 fps :')
when my old laptop was at its worst (a good chunk of season four) it would get a max of 25 fps (and mostly sit at around 10-15) and freeze for 10-30 seconds constantly. Even at its best I was barely getting 50 fps on low when it was a month old. xD
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:24am | Report
Since we're on the topic of FPS...
what are your graphics set at? also, do you have v-sync on? if so, turn that **** off. Do you have a frame rate cap set?

I spent 3+ years playing League on a piece of **** laptop, so I do know how to make that function on a piece of **** computer.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:30am | Report
what are your graphics set at? also, do you have v-sync on? if so, turn that **** off. Do you have a frame rate cap set?

I spent 3+ years playing League on a piece of **** laptop, so I do know how to make that function on a piece of **** computer.

Trust me when I say anything I can set lower or turn off is set lower or turned off. Frame rate is capped at 30.

Also, will add that it's a three and a half year old computer. Haven't touched any of the components other than cleaning them.
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
ri]
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:37am | Report
Honestly, it may not even matter if its specs were good enough when you got it because it's old.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:43am | Report
You have guys have been using laptops to play League? I say get a desktop more powerful than an 700$ laptop that barely even runs league.
My fps is always stable around 67-80.
My desktop has 8.45GB of Ram (usable) 975 GB of Free Space. 4.20 GHz, & some Radeon(tm) HD Graphics card that's enough to run any game online, possibly I can even run 3 @ a time if I desire.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:47am | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
You have guys have been using laptops to play League? I say get a desktop more powerful than an 700$ laptop that barely even runs league.
My fps is always stable around 67-80.
um, my laptop would have been ~$800 full price (though I got it for $600-something when it was on sale) and it runs league at about 65-80 FPS consistently on the highest settings lol

It's nearly a year old now too, huh.

Now my internet is so bad that my ping is borderline impossibly inconsistent to play with, but that's not my laptop's fault.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 8:00am | Report
My first ever laptop overheated for playing only one game (you have been playing ####story fr 22 hrs make sure you take a break. It only lasted 2yrs stupid Toshiba. I even took it apart the built in cooling fan was dead even the motherboard circuits (white tiny plugs)was sorta of melting LOL.

I learn my lesson first hand & survive with no computer for about 3yrs until i got this powerful desktop, which if i ever want too I could put more ram or upgrade any of the cards for my desktop.

For Internet connection I'm with bell & I have the express package & I barely use any GBs lol.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 8:05am | Report
My first laptop was still alive after 4 years ._. Hell, it'd probably still turn on now if I had it (I don't, it's probably still sitting at my parents' house)

It could tolerably play some games on the lowest settings that weren't League even at its worst, but League, being competitive, really required me to not have **** FPS and constant freezing xD

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide