Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1494 of 1800
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 8:13am | Report
Well i overheated mine lol but I've learn to prioritize better with any games i play, so i don't fry anything else valuable, I will always be competitive even while I'm playing any cod game or NHL 2015 online. I don't know about league tho if I that competitive:(
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 9:35am | Report
You don't need an expensive laptop/desktop to run League. I paid 600 € for mine and everything is set to the max (apart from shadows, which really don't make a huge difference) running smoothly at 60 FPS (VSync capped). Also, not everyone wants a desktop (for instance, it'd be really hard for me to buy one right now, since I am going to college, meaning a laptop is far more useful). One day, I might get a desktop, but for now, I am sticking with my shietty, trustworthy (the shiet we've been through, you have no idea) Toshiba laptop, with it's below average components ;)
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 10:05am | Report
Re4XN wrote:
You don't need an expensive laptop/desktop to run League. I paid 600 € for mine and everything is set to the max (apart from shadows, which really don't make a huge difference) running smoothly at 60 FPS (VSync capped). Also, not everyone wants a desktop (for instance, it'd be really hard for me to buy one right now, since I am going to college, meaning a laptop is far more useful). One day, I might get a desktop, but for now, I am sticking with my shietty, trustworthy (the shiet we've been through, you have no idea) Toshiba laptop, with it's below average components ;)

gimme a model pls
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 10:31am | Report

gimme a model pls

You mean you want to know what's my laptop? If that is the case it's a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-111. Bought it on sale.
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 10:44am | Report
ARAMs keep giving me the few champions I don't want instead of the many many champions I do want and it's pissing me off. Which is a sign I should probably not be playing ARAM if I care that much about who I play. Also hi MOBAfire long time no see, I have absolutely no idea what's going on in league anymore like is early lifesteal no longer desireable on ADCs? I swear when I was playing (two seasons ago, mind) they grabbed an early vamp scepter and now I've poked through a few guides and none suggest it, nor are lifesteal quints evident.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 11:51am | Report
From my very poor ADC experience, Vampiric Scepter is still a viable rush on some ADCs, but generally you'll want to get a B. F. Sword first back to rush Infinity Edge.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 11:58am | Report
Since we're on the topic of FPS...

I'd just like to start by saying that I'm mentally challenged when it comes to computers, so please bear with me.

I've been getting absolutely god awful FPS ever since the swap to the updated SR. In low action scenarios, like walking to lane and stuff like that, it runs at about 30, which I can definitely play at, so no hassle there. During actual laning phase, it sits around 15-20. Definitely not ideal, because the FPS lag sometimes causes inputs to be delayed, so I end up firing skillshots backwards or at least in an unintended direction. However, when a fight starts to break out, my FPS just drops right down. The little thingy in the corner says 2 FPS, and 2 FPS makes teamfighting absolutely impossible for me. Even small teamfights, like, a Talon could use Shadow Assault and my FPS will just spike down to 2 FPS for a few seconds. It's very difficult to play the game in this state.

So, since I'm mentally challenged at computers and have zero clue why this is, I've come here to whine about it (and hopefully get some advice). I went on that Can I Run This site, and my computer specs are more than enough to run the game, in fact, it passes the "recommended" part of it. I've also checked some NVidia thing that comes with my driver, and it says the optimal settings for League based on what I have is to run everything on the highest possible, yet I can't even run the game smoothly at the lowest graphical settings. Halp pls. Here's my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 3.3 GHz
Number of Cores: 4
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chipset: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Dedicated Memory: 1.0 GB
Total Memory: 2.7 GB
RAM: 4.1 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack: 1
Size: 64 Bit
Edition: Home Premium
Display Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Drive
Size: 511.6 GB
Free: 50.1 GB

How about we move all of this to a dedicated thread? If you repost there, I'll happily help you through some diagnosis.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 12:36pm | Report
News to literally nobody ever, I didn't get the job.

Fun times for me.
True love is found only in yourself.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 12:42pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
From my very poor ADC experience, Vampiric Scepter is still a viable rush on some ADCs, but generally you'll want to get a B. F. Sword first back to rush Infinity Edge.

Vampiric Scepter seldom is any good in terms of laning sustain since you need AD to make it worth. Using autoattacks so often will only cause you to push.

Usually, you want to aim for Pickaxe and B. F. Sword. If you are losing the lane, getting another Doran's Blade will usually help you out.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 1:48pm | Report
Group finder has stuck me against a bunch of golds, a plat and high silvers :/ Such a high comp was rare even when I was at the top of my game. This will be pain.

update: There was indeed lots of pain. Technically I had the upper hand, I was facing a katarina as Ori, but I've never been able to deal with them. Call it a mental failing due to being wrecked too much by kat levelling to 30, and reinforced by subsequent failures.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide