Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post your Game Stats here

Creator: iGotHacks January 30, 2011 5:25am
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 12:40pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Hmm, yeah, new build created.^^

I can't believe I'm asking, but why use a Phantom Dancer versus about a dozen potentially better items for Cho'Gath?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 12:49pm | Report
MungoGeri vs NicknameMy, let the battle begin!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 1:37pm | Report
is this the legendary attack speed bruiser cho'gath?

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 2:25pm | Report
is this the legendary attack speed bruiser cho'gath?

If you want to do that, at least go with a Guinsoo's Rageblade.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 2:42pm | Report
Movement Speed > Attack Speed, because you can only use attack speed if you are close.

Guinsoo's is the last item.

Also, don't forget, Phantom Dancer is a defense item with a lot of movement speed, kinda reminds me a bit on the good old days... ( Force of Nature)
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 1:04am | Report

I did 15k more damage than Rengar. 46k damage total. Against a team of people who make Lux's game miserable, and I picked her as last pick.
This is what happens when i pick my main
8DDDDDDD

Basically MOBAFire.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 11:37am | Report

Well that is the best Aatrox game I have had. Ever. Guinsoo's Rageblade is definitely a choice item for him. It provides that extra oomph that I feel that the Darkin Blade lacks in his base kit.

This game was a case of win more as every time I went back to the Fountain I was sitting on 1400+ gold, which let me straight up buy Enchantment: Devourer, then Guinsoo's Rageblade, then Bloodthirster, before going with some defensive items.

Annie offered herself up to me for making babies. I told her she was a little young, but appreciated the sentiment. XD
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 1:54pm | Report
i think that when i'm top lane aatrox i'm going to substitute botrk rush for guinsoos rush. I honestly can't justify botrk outside of a situational item.

For jungle i might consider it but I've been going devourer > tank item > titanic after I saw it being done in the EU inhouses. Works out decently well. I could put guinsoos in before the titanic and that would probably work well.

guinsoos trivia: item is 192% gold efficient at 8 stacks not including the AOE.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 2:21pm | Report
i think that when i'm top lane aatrox i'm going to substitute botrk rush for guinsoos rush. I honestly can't justify botrk outside of a situational item.

For jungle i might consider it but I've been going devourer > tank item > titanic after I saw it being done in the EU inhouses. Works out decently well. I could put guinsoos in before the titanic and that would probably work well.

guinsoos trivia: item is 192% gold efficient at 8 stacks not including the AOE.

Blade of the Ruined King is still pretty good for chasing down someone like Gnar who has a "dash" and then some ability to kite thereafter. My main problem with Aatrox and I might still have it is that if you aren't stupidly fed, if you dive into a team fight you die, lose your attack speed, and are probably still waiting on your cool downs after you revive so you just die again. At least with Guinsoo's you get additional splash damage outside of your ultimate and you can actually stack it during a team fight if you have Enchantment: Devourer.

On most junglers like Aatrox I will typically build some X defense before going for my 2nd damage item if someone on the opposing team is obviously getting big. Pretty much every time I have ignored that inclination as a jungler (that at least builds some defense) I have regretted it.

Heck I've even seen Challenger level players building Sterak's Gage on ADCs if there is a fed assassin on the enemy team to keep from getting instantly blown up.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 7:40pm | Report

I'm a god kek
Sig made by me!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide