Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pre-Season 4 Generic Masteries

Creator: gusmaia November 22, 2013 7:59pm
gusmaia
<Member>
gusmaia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 7:59pm | Report
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some generic masteries (or not generic if u think it will work better) for this pre-season. I'm trying to acustumate myself to the mastery reset, and already checked the reddit's generic ones but I don't like them pretty much, mainly for jungle.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks a lot summoners :D
hi :D
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 3:26am | Report
Here's a link to a video where OddOne talks about jungle masteries.
And if you don't want to watch it here are a few generic mastery pages.

Probably the most generic one for AD junglers.

For AP junglers.

I'd say these vary depending on situation :

Enchanted Armor -If you are not planning on building much defense and plan to go for more offensive build this one is not that great.

Oppression -If you are playing someone like Sejuani who can keep your opponnent CCed nearly permanently this could be a great option.

Swiftness - Can be good if enemy team as over abundance of slows.

Reinforced Armor -This is a very late game mastery which is actually really good,but since generally only the ADC is going to be building crit you can skip this.Unless they have someone like double ADC or Tryndamere ect.

Evasive - Only good vs double AP teams with lots of AoE,because it doesn't work against AD AoE.

Sadly I don't see going 21 in offense or utility as a good option unless on a very few champions after the most recent changes the jungle is pretty brutal for anyone how's not super strong early or for those who are not investing 21 in defense tree.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 1:12pm | Report
I've done 21 offense on five different junglers since the patch hit and won every game. It doesn't seem that bad. Offensive masteries always gave junglers stronger ganks since you generally don't take as much damage when you have a numbers advantage.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 3:33pm | Report
PsiGuard- Could you give an example of your set up.I mean 1 champ,what do you take in offense and what build are you going for? Also while going for offense gives you stronger ganks early it does leave you a bit more weak later on.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 4:39pm | Report
I definitly get 21 in offense on Master Yi.

What masteries you go for totally depends on which runes you choose and which playstyle you wanna play. Even the build style through the game affects this. For example, you could get rather tanky runes and masteries and for that get earlygame more damage. Or do it the other way.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 5:54pm | Report
21/9/0

I've tried this tree on Shyvana, Nocturne, Vi and Jarvan IV. The other one I did 21 offense on was Elise but obviously I used a different setup.

On most of those I got Spirit of the Elder Lizard, boots and Trinity Force into tank items and Mercury's Treads. I tried lizard on Shyvana but it's not that great because it doesn't proc off magic damage anymore so you have to autoattack someone to proc it.

Yes, 21 offense weakens your late game a bit, especially if you're going for a lot of tank items. I'm just saying I've tried it out for about 8 games and it doesn't seem too bad. The defensive tree is really strong though, especially once you have some items.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 5:56pm | Report
Getting Spirit of the Elder Lizard in lane? That's weird.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 7:38pm | Report
Very funny Nick.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2013 4:30pm | Report
Hybrid probably benefits the most from offense tree, make a generic one of those. I'm running 21-9-0 for hybrid. I don't get double edged sword because it's probably too costly for ranged champions to invest in.

Block&unyielding and Veterans Scars&Juggernaut are the most useful in the defense tree.

The offense tree for hybrid is about SpellWeaving&BladeWeaving if you land 3 autos and hit a champion with 3 spells you will deal 3% damage which is a lot when stacked with havoc but the bladewieving requires you to have skills that have a short cooldown, like Jax or Ezreal.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide